Darling Clementine 2022 w/Levitation

AD-Clementine.jpg

Scent: Delicious and adorable orange cupcake.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 1 month later...

This is yummy!!! Sticky sweet creamy vanilla orange just like the description says. First smell I wasn't feeling it but it stayed my mind. I woke up this morning thinking about it. It smells good on me but a little too sweet for my mood right now. I put some let it shine with topper over it and created my own custom scent that I'm loving. It mellowed out the sugar a bit and lightened it up with the coconut and lemongrass. As an added bonus I'm super cheerful! Levitation plus topper and I'm nearly giddy. Also my cat is trying to eat me, she loves it. ❤️

Edited by Artemis

• 1 month later...

I am in love with this scent. Funnily enough, as with Artemis, my first time smelling it was in-store and my first thoughts were "hmm, that's nice and unique" but I wasn't as wowed as some of the other scents. I decided to apply some sprays from the tester and pick up a sample vial but was still mainly focusing on some of the other products. The smell grew on me throughout the day, plus I couldn't help but notice how happy and smiley I felt all day from the Levitation. There was no crash and I soon realized I actually need a full bottle of this product in my arsenal ASAP. 

This one is a real winner./ I have a full bottle of the spray on the way now.

• 4 months later...

This has aged so well!!! 😍 I feel sad and tired today, and Levitation always does the trick, so I applied Darling Clementine. In the air there was a lot of amber but on my skin it was this citrus meringe (I hope I wrote it right) and it reminded me of my beloved Atomic Mandarin. I know AM was a varient od DC but I have old versions of Darling Catalina and Clementine and they were never similar to AM, to me. But this version does and I love it so, so much! 

On 10/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, citrine said:

This has aged so well!!! 😍

That seems a funny thing to say since it’s kinda new, but I concur with @citrine on this. Darling Clementine seems like a warm weather perfume when looking at the notes, but the smooth amber and cream add substance. Today was chilly but sunny, so this scent combined with Levitation gave off the perfect happy sunshine and love spreading vibe. 

• 2 months later...

This one is a great mood booster! I put it on when I need to leave home for errands and the weather outside is not enjoyable. It instantly gives me a mood boost and the energy to do stuff

• 8 months later...

Okay, I have an unfortunate experience with this one. I'll be going off my memory instead of a fresh sniff. 

I remember on Day 0 when I tried this along with everything else I ordered, it didn't leave much of an impression on me. It could be because I did blind sniffs (I was trying to guess which sample I was trying based on the notes and what I could smell) and it might have been beside some stronger ones. It just smelled fruity to me and I was somewhat confused between this and Super Happy Funtime even though they are very different. That one has a very strong blueberry note though, and it was quite smoky especially before it rested, so I was able to distinguish between the two eventually, but I didn't quite get the clementine on this one yet. I waited a few more days before trying it again. 

It might have been sometime between Days 4 and 9 of receiving my package that I revisited this. I put it on my arm and smelled something like orange cake or sponge cake with orange frosting. I checked the notes to compare with what I smelled. I don't think I could pick out the smell of lemon, strawberry, and coconut separately, but the combination of those with the milk/butter/cream, sugar, amber, and vanilla notes must be giving that cake accord! Ugh, it was delicious!!! 🍊🍰

I wanted a full bottle! 🤩 It's sold out! 😦 Disappointment! 😞 This is something I would have liked getting just the fragrance itself. I can imagine just slathering this with a spray. I actually did slather it that day and enjoyed its deliciousness on my arms. I accidentally put too much on and got some on the label too. I put it back in the box where I keep my other fragrances and the delicious orange cake goodness wafting from the fragrant label could be detected for the rest of the day! 🍊🍰🌬👃🏻

I decided to wait a few more days before trying this again and doing a review along with longevity. I also wanted to check if trying it on another day will wow me again. However, yesterday, I could not find my trial vial anymore. I was quite confident that our couch simply ate it due to its yumminess, but Mr. Onyx and I looked underneath it and also around the coffee table but we just could not find it. It disappeared! 😦 Hence, my unfortunate experience. 

I am not that sad though because this seems to have returned, and if it may be a while before it makes a reappearance, it seems there are other orange cake-type scents that are made every now and then. I'm looking forward to seeing this again or perhaps something similar to this! 🍊🍰

• 1 month later...

Okay, sadness about this is cancelled. 🙅🏻‍♀️ I have a full bottle now! 👍🏻

I got it last week and as usual, I sprayed it on Day 0. It was still in the unremarkable no-rest phase, but I still used it. I mostly got a very sweet, syrupy scent that I think is similar to what @Amanda's mother smells on her when she wears this. 

One remarkable experience though, I went through a drive-through to pick up food for Mr. Onyx and me. I sprayed some on the cuff of my pullover to just refresh it and have something new to sniff while I was waiting in line. When I rolled down my window, the guy handing me the drink said, "Oooh, like the car! Like the smell! What is that, caramel?" I was confused because I ordered a caramel drink, but then realized he must have been smelling Darling Clementine (2022)! (I also had Bubblegum Bettie on my wrists but I didn't swipe/refresh that one then so I doubt he was referring to it. Although, it could have also been the combination of the two.)

I think my spray needs more rest before it goes to the yummy orange cupcake scent, but I'm glad it gave someone joy during that brief moment! 🍊🧁

• 5 months later...

@Onyx This goes really caramel on me also, I think because it just seems so sticky sweet. My mom always comments on my caramel perfume when I have it on and I have to remind her, and myself, that it’s actually supposed to be an orange cupcake!😂

I think I’m a non responder to the levitation though. 🫤