Daisy Shore w/Gotcha!

AD-DaisyShore.jpg

Scent: Daisies on the salted air of the seashore.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, reunion, luck.
WHITE TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SALT ACCORD ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

• 3 weeks later...

I was really excited about the salt and water accords in this, I love the salty beach smell. But this is very fresh cut flowers, that doesn’t work on me. Just my chemistry though because it smells amazing on my daughter. 

I put this in my 'Try later, may be suffering from travel shock" and just tried it again due to your post, @Amanda. I'm mostly getting the daisy with some unexpected creaminess at this point. I'm going to put it back and retry in another month. It's just not making sense to my brain / expectations but I may need to just sit with it....or let it sit for a while longer. 

@androstenol I’m just not a fan of fresh cut grass or sharp fresh flowers, I prefer my florals to be a bit powdery. I’m sure it’s just my chemistry but I feel like I end up smelling like a dandelion weed and it’s the opposite of fresh for me. My daughter brought out the salt accord that I was hoping for and it was lovely on her.

To me, the Atlantic shoreline smells different than the Pacific. This one is Atlantic...it's cold salty air with nothing tropical about it. It's why I used the word "Shore" - East Coast terminology. Just explaining myself and perhaps adjusting expectations of this one. It's more Cape Cod than California.

I’m sorry Mara! I didn’t mean for my review to be so negative where you had to explain yourself! I know my chemistry, and florals tend to either go weedy or soapy on me. It smells wonderful in the vial until I put it on and my skin works it’s magic.🤦🏼‍♀️ Daisys are my favorite flowers and I realized I’d never actually smelled one, they don’t really have a strong scent like other bouquets of flowers. 
That is an interesting clarification though, I’ve never been to the east coast so maybe I had the wrong expectations of the salt and water accords. I’m in Colorado where we have no shores and really only have the gulf beaches in FL as reference. Like I said though, it smells amazing on my daughter so I guess the only part I meant to be negative was for my own chemistry, not what you have created.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, daisy is a rather light-bright kind of floral note and I get that here, definitely.  It starts out with a particular sweetness meets salty air kind of vibe which I quite like even though I don't think I'd be apt to wear this.  In the drydown the ocean air aspect moves to the back and the floral is a lot more rounded.  I don't say this as a pejorative, but DS has the weight and mood of a high-end commercial fragrance - like, I would expect to find this one at Macy's or Saks.  It's perfect for daytime and versatile: work or play, meetings or errands or casual get-togethers.

@Amanda, oh I didn't take offense! No apologies necessary! I understand perfume is intensely personal and everyone has different chemistries and tastes. I thought maybe the concept needed a little clarification is all. This one is actually doing quite well, in person with the locals - they enjoy nature scents around here in the Pacific Northwest. :)

I'm not sure what daisies smell like, but this has a fresh floral meets ocean air vibe that I really love. Neither takes over the other on me even after drydown. More reminiscent of NE beaches I've been to than the SE coast. Went FB unsniffed (because aquatic Gotcha :) )

• 1 year later...