Domina Vere w/Hedione

AD-DominaVere.jpg

Scent: Airy and natural, Spring lilac garden. 

Domina Vere is Latin for Lady of Spring.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
LILAC ~ Inspires peace and harmony, humility, youthfulness, protection.
CAMELLIA (Tea) ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
HEDIONE (Jasmine) ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spirituality, spiritual love.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
ROSE (Just the green stems) ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

I put some of this on yesterday to demo it for a customer....I never put perfumes on other people without permission, I put it on myself so they can smell it on skin...anyway, it projected bright and high on me for the rest of the day, and I can still smell it on me this morning. I am surprised how strong and long this wears, but it is so lovely, and perfect for Spring.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, not a review, just an observation…

This reminds me so much of a shampoo I used in my freshman year at college.  I cannot place which one it was.  It possibly  will drive me crazy trying to remember the name of it (hopefully not though) .  I think it might have been a shampoo with yucca in it.  But I don’t think so. I really don’t.  I only mentioned it because yucca was the new wonder ingredient in shampoos for a very brief moment in time.  

I like Domina Vere.  Not sure if it’s a “me” scent.  And that’s all I’m saying about it right now, because hey, it’s not a review :)

On 3/24/2022 at 9:28 AM, Potion Master said:

I am surprised how strong and long this wears, but it is so lovely, and perfect for Spring.

Yes this is so pretty!  I have said for years that I'm not a big floral person but every so often Mara does a floral blend which changes my mind.  This really reminds me so much of Betrothal Potion, which I like to say is a floral blend for people who don't like floral blends.  This is very fresh, but the floral aspect is not overwhelming, it has a fresh-cut floral aspect, with that green dewy undertone.  The green stem aspect really tempers the floral part to give it a good balance overall.

ETA: and it's a linear experience throughout in terms of the scent from wet to dry.

• 3 months later...

I like florals a lot, and this bright scent is no exception. My favourite flowers in one place! It lasts all day and I find it very uplifting. I like to wear it with honey-based scents like Une because the two go well together on my skin.