Earthly Pleasures w/LFM & AJA

AD-EarthlyPleasures.jpg

Scent: Scrumptiously fleshy honeyed floral.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.

I’ve had this on all day, 12 hours, and I’m left with a gorgeous honey musk that I am loving! Honey has a tendency to go almost dirty baby powder on me (and I want to wear honey so badly!) so the fact that the honey is still so noticeable (but not overpowering) after such a long day and I still absolutely love it really makes me happy! When I first applied there was a gorgeous floral under the honey and maybe the sandalwood, I didn’t get much vanilla from this. My daughter normally hates my honey scents because of the baby powder thing but today she told me I smelled really good and then stuck her face in my neck! I’m really really pleased with this one, especially since I didn’t think it would be on my “love list” and finally have a honey fragrance that I’ve been longing to wear that won’t annoy the honey sensitive people around me!

Thanks for the review, @Amanda!

It's likely the Aja that is giving you that long-lasting honey impression. I would suggest getting a trial vial of Aja on its own that you can wear alone or with other scents. Aja is an interesting substance, it tends to get stronger on the skin as the hours go on and will last into the next day. You might have fun experimenting with it.

7 hours ago, Potion Master said:

It's likely the Aja that is giving you that long-lasting honey impression. 

Ooh interesting! The only other time I’ve tried Aja is in Potion Bastet, which I love, but even the smallest dab results in complaints all day so maybe the honey and musks in that one are completely different and outweigh the Aja for me. I’ll try a little bit on it’s own, thank you!

This is a honeyed floral and yet, also something beyond.

The contrast of the honey-vanilla-musk and orchid with the woody notes is really interesting, they work together and yet at the same time each element is its' own thing.  The woody notes give this a depth that I don't know if it would have without them, and the orchid has more of a dewy evocation rather than the more fleshy vibe which I normally expect.  On me at least this has a more sophisticated air rather than directly sensuous.  There is that undercurrent, but all the notes make it feel like something really high-end boutique.

In the long drydown this becomes quite silky, again very classy.

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing!! And I don't normally like florals! It's hard to describe the scent because I feel like all the ingredients merge together to create something truly unique and special. I'm transported to a fairy forest, all warm and cozy inside my wooden cabin, flowers in full bloom outside.

• 2 weeks later...

This smells amazing!!! I don’t know about effects outside of myself yet but I feel more womanly so that’s nice. 
There is definitely a cashmere/clean feel to this even though it’s sultry. Love it!

• 1 month later...

This is so amazing, I'm an Orchid hoe and this one is so far off the normal scents that I would normally love. This blend has such depth to it, its elegant, classy and just amazing on my skin...this is a full bottle for me once I get paid... Love it

@dolphindolls2 I had considered going FB on this and because $, I went with the Argent instead. I’m guessing it will sneak into an upcoming order, though. I still have some of my trial left and I’ve been savoring it. 

I’m curious, have you tried Tipping the Velvet?

16 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@dolphindolls2 I had considered going FB on this and because $, I went with the Argent instead. I’m guessing it will sneak into an upcoming order, though. I still have some of my trial left and I’ve been savoring it. 

@Eastwood22, I have not tried Tipping the Velvet, I might have to get a sample and give that a try out

On 6/29/2022 at 3:42 PM, Eastwood22 said:

On 6/30/2022 at 8:32 AM, dolphindolls2 said:

@Eastwood22, I have not tried Tipping the Velvet, I might have to get a sample and give that a try out

@Eastwood22, I had to go to my office yesterday and found 20 samples I ordered back in March, but put them in my office cabinet for safe keeping since I was moving and worried I would misplace them in the move. I tried the Tipping the Velvet sample I had in my office and I liked it.... This will probably go on my list after a few must haves get purchased....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m wondering why the aja in this plays nicely while the aja in goddess goes horribly wrong on me? Could it maybe be the pairing of LFM along with it? I’m worried to try other scents with aja as the only addition.🫣

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Anonymous2F said:

I feel sorry for myself that I missed out on this one 😭

Aww, it's all gone? If I have a drop left in my trial, which i most likely do not, I will set it aside for you. 

12 hours ago, Anonymous2F said:

Oh I'm thankful, I have a trial and just got to it and it's so drop dead gorgeous that I'm surprised its sold out already!! (I was hoping everyone was sleeping on it too like I was, d'oh)

Can’t find it. That’s how I knew I needed a bottle I suppose, I kept coming back to the trial. I think that Argent will be another hit that sells out before it gets many reviews.

This is the one I wear that consistently gets “ooh you smell so good” comments! I think it gets even better the next day, that’s how long it lasts on me. It’s a delicious soft musky honey that never turns to dirty honey for me, (which I love but a lot of people close to me seem to always complain about) I can tell when my daughter makes that face and says something about a strong baby powder that she does not like my perfume😂 She’s never said that about this one, btw. *whew*

Edited by Amanda
Forgot to mention