Goddess w/AJA

AD-Goddess.jpg

Scent: Honeyed Musk

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
HONEY & BEE POLLEN ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

My FB of Beyla with Queen Bee & Aja is still suffering from travel shock and all I am getting is 'sour'. I remember when Mara first released Aja, a few of us struggled with that sour/ urine note. My bottle of straight Aja didn't settle down for a year but it's one of my precious and valued ingredients now.

Fast forward to lunchtime today. I'm randomly grabbing another new arrival (after having applied Beyla this morning with no success) and it's this gorgeousness. As I have stopped reading the ingredients list before applying a new scent, I had no expectations going in. OHHH my goodness. This strikes me as a complex French perfume. It's extremely well-balanced, creamy even. I'm detecting flowers, maybe some oakmoss....then I came here to check the ingredients and I did a doubletake on the short ingredients list. I realize that when an ingredient is listed by itself' it could be several varieties of that ingredient that are related to each other. That's what makes LPMP so magickal. This has a slight shimmer to me, very elegant, very understated but happy and spring-like. I am NOT getting any of the smutty, sexy type vibe off this that some of the other offerings have (and yes I love those toooo). I could see this pairing very well with Classy Dame. Total win in my book. 

3 hours ago, androstenol said:

I realize that when an ingredient is listed by itself' it could be several varieties of that ingredient that are related to each other. 

Right; normally when Mara composes a blend she's using several different varieties of a specific note to create the overall impression of that note.  It's a classic perfumery tradition.

Now that this has rested a few days, I’m getting more of the honey. It’s a creamy, almost floral honey. Not heavy or overpowering. I think the sparkly scent I’m getting is the musk. It dries down to a close-to-the-skin fragrance that lasts for a long time on me 🐝 🌼 💫

This is exactly what I expected it to smell like. I love it. I’ll probably need another bottle. It smells like sexy powdery honey. This would layer well with anything. 

I’m very happy with Goddess.  Honey is tricky for me, and most don’t work out.  

I’ve tried “bright” honeys that just didn’t strike a chord, “dirty” honeys such as Sugared Honeycomb and SLF OCCO were total fails.  I think it’s the overall sweetness of those more than the actual type of honey though, because I certainly LOVE Beewitched!  

But back to Goddess—this one works.  I like it.  It lasts a long time too.  I may not have tried anything with Aja in the past either. 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:09 AM, androstenol said:

I'm detecting flowers, maybe some oakmoss....then I came here to check the ingredients and I did a doubletake on the short ingredients list.

It is bright on me, these bees sure do like their flowers! I’m not a honey scent gal, but after immediately buying two bottles of Beyla the first time I sampled it, I thought “maybe I am a honey girl, after all.” I’ve also had honeys go weird or plasticky on me, especially the ones @Eve mentioned.

2 hours ago, Eve said:

“dirty” honeys such as Sugared Honeycomb and SLF OCCO were total fails.

But, Beyla is that special, so I’m game….

Five minutes into wearing (and it potentially still suffering from travel shock), I am no longer suspicious that I’m a honey girl. This really is wearing as almost a white floral on me. Not getting powdery, it’s bright and punchy, almost citrusy! I’m not getting Aja. If I didn’t have to go to work, and also having the curiosity to see how it morphs, I would totally wash it off. I haven’t washed off a LP since trying to go to sleep in OCCO SLF a few years ago! 

More evidence as to why we need to try them all!

ETA-

It wasn’t going to work out for me, so I covered it with what feels like the opposite, LP Red Lace. Now I smell good, the combo is nice!

Edited by Eastwood22

@Eastwood22 I didn’t expect to like this one.  I wanted to, or else wouldn’t have ordered a trial of course.  I think it would be interesting if we could all get together, put on the same perfume, and compare how it smells after it’s been on our skin a while. 

10 hours ago, Eve said:

@Eastwood22 I didn’t expect to like this one.  I wanted to, or else wouldn’t have ordered a trial of course.  I think it would be interesting if we could all get together, put on the same perfume, and compare how it smells after it’s been on our skin a while. 

Right? 

I wore this work today because I was in a rush and just picked this because I haven’t tested it out yet. Today will be interesting.

so far I love it because I love musk perfumes in general and this is sweet and beautiful. The Aja is strong at first but settles into a powdery honey scent which I love.

• 3 weeks later...

DAT HONEY THO

I totally agree with Bella and D that this is kind of flowery.  I'm not sure what's making me think that because it's not what I would normally associate with Aja, for example.  But it's something beyond what I would typify as a honey musk experience.  The creamy impression might be the Egyptian musk.  As it dries down it evolves into more of a powdery-type honey on me.  I think I need to try it again in a month or so to decide if I like it.

This is another blind fb just based on your reviews! I’ve said before I love the dirty honeys myself but no one else does so I don’t get to wear them as much as I’d like. There is definitely something floral about this one, which is weird because of the notes but I also love it. No one else is awake yet this morning but I think this one will be a hit with everyone else too because I’m not getting any dirty vibes at all, it’s floral and soft while still being an obvious honey that I long to wear. 

ETA: About an hour later this shifted to that “off” Aja smell I’ve seen some people mention and I had to wash this off. Darn, maybe it will settle eventually? 

Edited by Amanda
Morphed after wearing a bit

On 4/2/2022 at 6:22 AM, Eve said:

I think it would be interesting if we could all get together, put on the same perfume, and compare how it smells after it’s been on our skin a while. 

@EveI do this with my daughter! Usually the things that don’t agree with me almost always smell amazing on her.🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s so interesting!

How long does that “off” Aja smell last before it changes again? I washed it off as soon as I noticed it but I’m thinking if I just stuck it out for awhile longer maybe I would have loved this again? It was lovely for about an hour, then we had problems!😂

Edited by Amanda

The drydown process can usually be determined on how much you apply, and your skin type (oily, dry, etc) but your chemistry can change things even after the drydown, so I tend to say that you should try to stick it out at least a couple hours.  But also maybe not apply a lot the first time just in case you don't like it initially.

@Amanda  I’m glad you posted that.  It’s very interesting about skin chemistry.  I know that hormonal cycle can play a part it too (I’m post menopausal though).

I don’t know if there is any correlation whatsoever, but gold jewelry will leave a black marks on my skin with extended contact.  Always has.  I still wear it, it’s not like I have an allergy to the metals, but as (I think) it has to do with skin acidity, it might influence how certain fragrance notes smell on me. 

• 2 months later...

I really tried to love this one. After my first application turned into a strong  urine type smell I decided to let it rest and try again later. It just doesn’t go away! I’ve tried applying smaller amounts and it still turns. The aja in earthly pleasures is so wonderful, I just can’t get goddess to like me. I may have to trade it.😞

On 7/18/2022 at 12:17 AM, Amanda said:

I really tried to love this one.

Didn’t work on me either. Really we’re lucky to not love them all! I’m sure you can trade it.

• 1 year later...

this is one of my favorites, it’s so elegant and beautiful. I really love honey musks, and this smells so FANCY. like the perfume equivalent of diamonds and pearls, but also really soft and warm somehow. it’s creamy-sweet and powdery, and the musk is a perfect backdrop. I would wear this on a very special day when I want to feel beautiful and strong and lovely. I would also wear this today, when I’m feeling down and need something to wrap me up in a cozy honey blanket.