Iduna w/Dominance

AD-Iduna.jpg

Scent: Strong and confident, on the feminine edge of unisex. Apple lightens up this mixture of bold musks, woods and resins. 

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, foretelling spells.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
PALO SANTO ~ Cleansing and purification, healing, spiritual connection. CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

This isn't a foody/gourmand apple to my nose. Initial impression is exactly as I hoped when reading the notes. Reminds me of standing in an orchard in the spring or summer at mid-day. Earthy and woody with a hint of apple rounding it out. So happy this came in a virgin version.

How would this compare to Blud 2019?

It looks like they're from the same vein minus dragons blood? 

ETA; I just pulled up Blud and compared the two, not quite the same vein but I'm still curious none the less on how the two compare to eachother! 

Edited by Anonymous2F
ETA add on!

I like the earthy feel to this scent. The dry down is more mossy like a powdery clean apple scent. It’s really good. This is more earthy than Living Doll but it’s really nice.

This one is fabulous !!!!  not too much in anyway - Could pass for "regular" perfume ....LOL

wow - need a bottle

On 3/29/2022 at 5:35 PM, Anonymous2F said:

ow would this compare to Blud 2019?

I didn't think it was anything like BLUD 

This is a really well-blended scent, I think.  It has an earthy characteristic without specifically being earthy, if that makes sense.  The apple is really present in the vial but sort of disappears on me when I apply it - just barely peaking out of the other notes.  However, it does give it a nice tang in the top.  I'm trying to think of what this reminds me of - it's woody but again, not specifically.  It's very robust and deep but so smooth and wearable, not overwhelming in terms of any one particular element.  I think the blending of musks is in large part responsible for that overall smoothness, it's really lovely.

There is something in the top or mid making it a tad perfume-y, not sure what.  In the long drydown the apple note seems to take on an almost flowery evocation to me, which may be the result of how it blends with the cherrywood.

ETA: it gets a lot softer in the drydown, like a woody musk.

If you're one to rock Dominance in the workplace I think this would be an ideal scent because it does strike me as rather more formal/business.  Or for an evening out, heh.  And of course if you prefer these kinds of scents in general it would be a good one to nab.

• 4 months later...

I love this scent so much. And the name is perfect! I think the apple is the star but isn't forward at all.I don't wear dominance usually. I go for sws or lfn and even bi for work. This scent is so wonderful that I started wearing it to work. It works.for most but be warned. People with very soft personalities WILL CRY if you get on them about their performance while wearing this. There is this guy who works on my shift that is constantly making mistakes. Whenever I am wearing this and get on him about his mistakes he shuts down and goes to the bathroom to cry. He even called off the other day because I sent him an email (who I cc'd to our boss) that was just stating his mistakes and why he cannot be making them. Then another one of my guys got really upset because I threw my hands up and said, "are you kidding me?!" When he told me guy number one was somewhere trying to make repairs to something he damaged. 

Bottom line. Dominance can and will make some boys cry. 🙄

• 1 year later...

Interesting interaction with this today: 

the other person says “what is that smell?” .. me “ I don’t smell anything “  

the next thing I know it’s why are you doing that?  Don’t you know that? What source is that ? 

okay wow almost instantly the other person was challenging me, but I calmly and knowledgeably answered each question throughly and precisely and answering the next question before it was asked. 
way ahead of the game  - I was never thrown off the back foot 

How is the Palo Santo in this? I *love* Palo Santo but the apple gave me pause. Apple goes wonky on me every dang time!

@raydee8_loveThats great! I am the total opposite of dominant so I’ve always been afraid to try this phero. Like it would just make embarrassingly obvious the fact that I’m trying to be something I’m not. It’s cool that you were able to stand your ground!

15 hours ago, Amanda said:

How is the Palo Santo in this? I *love* Palo Santo but the apple gave me pause. Apple goes wonky on me every dang time!

@raydee8_loveThats great! I am the total opposite of dominant so I’ve always been afraid to try this phero. Like it would just make embarrassingly obvious the fact that I’m trying to be something I’m not. It’s cool that you were able to stand your ground!

I don’t really get a wood scent on me it’s very citrusy