Love Potion: Black Pearl w/Blatant Invitation

luna65

AD-LPBlackPearl.jpg

Scent: Rich, dark resins, sweetened with honey, vanilla and cream.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 4 weeks later...

Common you guyyysssss how can *nobody* review this one yet?? 😭

I'm definitely not the best at reviews atm so...bear with me as I try to do this justice, here's my not so eloquent review!

This is LP Black *gourmand edition*

Definitely not as weighty and dark resiny like the OG, it still has the heart of it but...the star of the show is... something rather cakey lol. If you ever smelled Tres leches cake--but with coconut cream and a smidge of rum. Gives a very dense, gooey and almost-but-not-quite-edible impression with spiced honey drizzled over the top of chantilly cream with LP Black anchoring it down at the base. 

it smells a lot like that! I'm not quite sure where the slightly boozy aspect of it is coming into play, but it's just a smidge present. It's definitely 5 shades lighter compared to OG, not quite black but it's very alluring, dark and gorgeous. 

Hope it gives an idea of what it's like! Maybe somebody else can chime in on how amazing this is 💕

@Anonymous2Fwell you made me giggle with your comment about noone having reviewed it yet. I've had my FB by my monitor for several days but I was too chicken to review it. 

It's very complex and mysterious for me. I've reread your review to help me order my thoughts. I'm not getting the cake you speak of, I'm getting sexy dragon's blood with a honey half-way between clean and smutty. I do get where your mind is telling you 'rum'.  Every time I apply it, I discover something different about it. My diet, pH, mood, time of day do seem to change my impressions and wearing experience substantially. I still don't have this pinned down. Phero wise, the Blatant Invitation is the #1 blend for me that causes consistent selfies of arousal. I am careful about wearing this in a controlled setting. The fact that this scent morphs on me and it's so unique makes it a very interesting wearing experience. 

Well there you go....mostly I am in love with the mystery that is this blend on me. :purr:

… I just need to have somebody talk about the patchouli. How present is it?  It’s my number one problem note.  I may have to resort to getting a trial vial, because BI is my favorite sexual phero too.  

18 minutes ago, Eve said:

… I just need to have somebody talk about the patchouli. How present is it?  It’s my number one problem note.  I may have to resort to getting a trial vial, because BI is my favorite sexual phero too.  

I got a trial vial because patchouli is a death note to me. Generally, I see it and don't even read the other notes - just a hard no. I only tried this once and I didn't smell like cat pee, but the patchouli was definitely present.  While I didn't run to wash it off, it wasn't something I enjoyed or  tried again. I try not to leave negative reviews because I know it's my body chemistry with the patchouli, so I hadn't commented. I'm sure this is pure deliciousness on others who don't amp the patch. I so wanted this to work for me.

I consider myself fortunate to have a trial vial of vintage LP Black, which is either from 2006 or 2007.  So I was waiting for a time when I could compare the two.

Black original: For me the true core of the magic of Black is the brown sugar and honeycomb against the LP base.  It is very dark and thick and compelling in a sensuous way.

Black Pearl: I think it will deepen over time but right now this is far lighter-toned.  It has a different character anyway because of differences in the notes.  I feel like anyone who perhaps thought Black would be too intense might be interested in Black Pearl because the character of darker sweetness is prevalent but not as intense.  The creaminess smoothes everything and makes it harmonious.  But underneath that I get the black coconut and the spices.

As far as the patchouli - because I love patchouli I'm not as sensitive to it as those who don't like it; to me it's not as obvious, it's just a dark tone in the background, underneath the other notes.  I think the patchouli in the original is much "louder" so to speak.  Black Pearl has a bit of an earthy undertone but I think that could be attributed as much to the spices/balsam as the patchouli.

I love it!  In a way it reminds me of the original Raven Moon.

I'm not a huge fan of this one. To be fair I usually have a problem with coconut and I was hoping that it wouldn't be prominent. It's a creamy sweet spicy coconut scent. The pachouli doesn't stand out to me but I really enjoy it and am not sensitive to it. I think if you like coconut you'll like this one. The maple sits in the background and I wonder if that's the rum smell you guys are getting.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2022 at 4:57 AM, Eve said:

I’m wearing it today, and the other day I re-wore a sweater that I had sampled wearing LP️BP while wearing that Katwise sweater. The patchouli doesn’t show up so much on me, but it sure sticks on my clothes! I put a little Elementals:Air on that day to lighten it up.

@Eastwood22  Thanks for your take on it.  I just don’t know though.  I want to like it, but pretty sure it won’t work out.  If I can ever remember to ask to use forum credits for a trial vial I might do that.  Trouble being I never think of it prior to shopping. 😐

@Eve from what I know of how of how you amp patch, you’re not going to like it. My skin doesn’t but my clothes do!

• 4 months later...

Trying this out today after shaking the bottle furiously. It smells lighter to me than LP Black. I mixed the two and it’s not bad. I might try layering it with Noco Brown Sugar.

• 2 months later...
On 10/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, Vika said:

Trying this out today after shaking the bottle furiously. It smells lighter to me than LP Black. I mixed the two and it’s not bad. I might try layering it with Noco Brown Sugar.

Agree with @Vika. It smell softer and lighter/less spicy than LP Black to me.

@luna65is it possible to make a virgin spray in addition to virgin oil, please? After buying multiple oil bottles I realize my skin doesn't project oil based scents, so I'm the only one in the cloud haha. Now I'm doubling everything plus new favorites in sprays

@Mila it’s one bottle oil (1/3 oz of oil) poured into a 1 oz perfume bottle, then fill the rest of the way with perfumer’s alcohol. That gives you the throw of the spray with the longer lasting oil on your skin. Mara sells the 1 oz bottles separately so you have this option.
Here’s a thread with all kinds of math and science regarding pheros and ratios and whatnot. I know phero ratios isn’t your question, but it might be a question you ponder soon! 

• 9 months later...

I just ordered a FB of this after getting the sample...I'm not sure what I was expecting, probably more gourmand but I definitely get the patchouli here. But get this...I LOVE IT! I'm not a patchouli fan as a rule but this is definitely only a base note on me. The rest I get is the sweetness of the maple, sugar, nutmeg and clove. The musk mellows it as well I think (I love musk as a rule).

I just wanted to chime in that if I had been paying better attention (I wanted to try BI so I ordered this and Rocket Fuel to compare/contrast) and saw the patchouli I probably would have balked. I like the Rocket Fuel version of BI as well, it's much more of a one-note gourmand on me with the maple (very Fall season!) but I just kept going back to the hand that had Black Pearl and was just like..."wow, I really like the way this smells..." So if you're curious, order a trial because you might be surprised.

It also feels appropriate for it to be like, a base note on my body (like torso only) with something on top at neck (more Fall flavors? Pumpkin? Marshmallow? YUM!) so I like that. It's like a baseline phero application with room to expand the total scent profile if that makes sense.

As for the hits, haven't taken her out for a public spin but love the selfies. Had some steamy dreams the first night I wore it (it had been a WHILE since something like that happened!) so that was exciting. :)

Since this thread is revived.

I ended up leaving it in the oil form. Mostly because i already have sooooo many LP scents. Black Pearl w BI has become is a winner for alone time with BF. He loves sweet and feminine scents (previously released Beewitched is has fav) and was a bit shy before he met me. I think it’s a combination of a sweet vanilla scent and the inviting signal of BI that he enjoys. Well, maybe not only. Last time i used savage beast with a plan to go straight to sleep but and he was still getting …umm …hot

• 5 months later...

Maple and patch tend to amp like crazy on me, overwhelming everything else, creating a fog that can be smelled a mile away. Ok, that last bit might be an exaggeration, but that's how it feels. So, scents with those notes usually don't work on me. I keep trying, though, because I've found with Mara's perfumes, inexplicably, something will occasionally go against the odds and be ok. LP: Black Pearl is one of those times. I don't know if it's the phero or something else keeping them in check, but whatever it is is working. Now, I can still smell them, but it's not like getting hit in the face with one of those giant red kickballs from PE class that those notes usually are. Which is to say, I bought two bottles. :D 

It's a touch sweet and the patch is kind of scratchy and resiny in a dry sort of way. Slightly powdery in a smooth, papery, patchy way. While also being maple syrup in a sexy way. (I feel like I'm failing in this description because I really do like it!) I get a sort of impression of the smoothness of sandalwood, even though that's not in the notes. After a couple of hours, the maple scales back, and the lp base comes further forward. The maple then stays in the back and you can just get a whiff of it, even 5 or 6 hours later.

The patch is there, and it's an incensey type of patch. It's not as dark and smoky as some, though, and not as scratchy as others. Ever since I found LPMP, I've been sad, since I can't wear regular LP: Black because it turns straight super sweet patch on me. So, I was very happy to find this version. I don't know why it works, but it does!