Tipping the Velvet with Girl/Girl

AD-TippingVelvet.jpg

Scent: Sexy fleshy floral with a hint of 'bad girl' in the mix.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance, flexibility and fludity.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

This was the other one I was really curious about, I thought I'd be really into this.

It starts out rather perfume-y on me, the orchid and the leather come together in a vintage fragrance sort of way, I think.  The woods/resins impression underscores that for me.  It's like dark sexy vintage: leather corset and marabou heels.  It does have a bit of the I AM A GROWN-UP LADY thing, but it's playful.  I feel like I am not the equal of this scent - I am underdressed and she wouldn't want to be seen with me in public.  But anyone who's a fan of Carbon Black or Fleur de Nuit would like this one, possibly.  But in this case, yes, it has an actual leather note.  But it's blended really well and it helps to create the character fully, what kind of woman you are wanting to be by wearing this, or how you perceive yourself as and this is an accessory to that persona. 

• 2 weeks later...

I put this on over the weekend, and didn’t think about until later that day when I kept getting whiffs of something sexy. This might up being a FB purchase for me, wearing it again right now. I’m finding it quite alluring!

ETA- wearing this AGAIN today because the long (next day long) dry down is so good. It reads a bit “masculine” on me, in a good way, most likely the Oud and leather. Very comforting. Going on my FB list! 

My man said it reminded him of the long dry down of Winner!? I don’t know what he’s talking about. There are zero notes that cross over, as far as I know.

Edited by Eastwood22

Another blind buy cuz girl/girl scents never done me wrong (I got this virgin) 😊

Off the bat Im getting a subtle sweet and sensual sandalwood + lingering leather just vibing along with it. It's wearing pretty flat currently. Will update at end of the day, I paired this with Queen Bee...so I expect only great things lol 

ETA: I'm already deeply impressed with thus one's character. Wasn't quite sure what to imagine when reading the description of "fleshy floral". But seeing that it was compared to Fleur de Nuit, I have to agree that its definitely related 💕

The leather faded off and settled into something that sits close to the skin,  giving an intoxicating air of relaxed and sultry, almost daringly flirty dark orchid that implies 'this is just how I smell, babes'. 

Nothing really heavy or mysterious about this one when compared to Fleur, this one wears as a 'manic pixie dream girl on a lazy casual sunday' kinda vibe on me. 10/10.

Edited by Anonymous2F
ETA add on!

• 1 year later...

This is a good example of a scent that is soft, but not at all work appropriate. It's silky and powdery, but it's a soft powdery, not in an overbearing, oakmoss baby powder way. Just like a sexy powder puff fragrance dusting way. A hint of soapiness, like Sneaky Clean's sexier cousin. It's a silk robe of a scent. Lightly perfumey and gently floral. The essence of the word boudoir. A few hours in as the base notes come out more, it becomes slightly richer and darker and the soapiness lessens. It's a seductive scent, and a scent for seducing.