Pomme de Fleur

luna65

image.png.b1e958d366f237a0a094c0881172798e.png

Artwork by: Paulina Fae

Scent: Elegant fruity floral.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
APPLE BLOSSOM ~ Peace of mind, contentment, success, happiness, love attracting.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
CACTUS FRUIT ~ Protection, endurance, warmth, love, inspiration.
CAMELLIA (TEA) BLOSSOM ~ Wealth, riches, prosperity.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

• luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what it is, but there's something in this which isn't liking my skin at all, unfortunately. :cry:  Maybe it's the hibiscus, which I don't always do so well with.

But I will say that it comes off much more floral than fruity on my skin, which surprises me because normally cactus fruit is such a bright note.  In the vial I definitely get more of the fruitiness.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice light floral. Apple & apple blossoms are strong when first applied but then the floral-ness (🤔 not a real word, I’m sure) comes out. Feels like being in the middle of a flowering apple orchard having a tea party (hey, look, it does have tea in it! 🤗).  To me at least, it smells airy, sweet, clean and innocent. I like it a lot!

• 3 months later...

When first applied, the cactus fruit is bright and tart with a hint of ape blossom. Not long after, the fruit fades and all the florals come out to play. The Frankincense hangs back, which is rare, but provides warmth and depth. The hibiscus may be the leader of the floral pack, but not by much. This is so well-balanced- clean, but warm, as if I'm enjoying the summer flowers on a slightly humid, breezy day. This doesn't project on my skin, which is absolutely fine. I quite enjoy wondering what smells so lovely, forgetting I'm wearing perfume, then realizing I'm the lucky person who gets to drift in and out of the garden party.

• 3 months later...

I agree that this is more floral than fruity. To start, I get a bit of apple up front, but then it's mostly floral. Then something reading a bit herbal. Next, I get a background that's sort of lotion-y. In a way that reminds me of both oil of olay and Oleander the Great. I can't really describe it and I'm not sure what it is, since they don't look like they share any notes. *shrug* That's not the main note. The main aspect is still floral throughout the wear, this is just something underlying it. A lotion-y floral, if you will. 

That sounds strange, but I do actually like it. It's a very spring scent. Reminiscent of those pastoral paintings. Green grass and fluffy sheep and a lounging shepherdess wearing lots of gauzy fabrics and one of those wide brimmed hats with the ribbon. It's a gentle scent, smooth and airy.

• 4 months later...

I am getting herbal tea notes first, then the apple comes through. I like to add a touch of Pure Sugar for a bit of sweetness. An unusual and lovely scent, not too fruity like I had thought it would be.