Theros

luna65

image.png.58ae7dfcb333520b059f218770a9c60f.png

Artwork by: Paulina Fae

Scent: A Summer-weight resin scent, topped with sparkling grapefruit.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
WHITE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.OUD ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

• luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I will say that this reminds me of a classic men's powerhouse type scent, but slightly soapy and not as weighty.  So in that way it is perfect for Summer.  I don't read the grapefruit as such on my skin, it's immediately swallowed up by the other notes.  But it is there in the vial for sure, hopefully it will come out more for others because I love grapefruit in fragrance and it would definitely add to that summery vibe.  This comes across as an anytime kind of scent, I think it might be best for the workplace and evenings out, but it could be casual as well because it is a bit lighter-toned.

• 3 months later...

This was a really unexpected scent. It's hard to describe. I wouldn't call it herbal, but it has some of those same vibes. It feels very outdoorsy in a fresh way. It reminds me very much of a fresh breeze. It's not at all beachy or aquatic, but has that 'air being blown in from nearby water' freshness to it. Think more pacific northwest than tropical. Or maybe the great lakes. There is a tiny bit of sweetness, just enough to keep it from being rough. And, of course, the smoothness of sandalwood. The grapefruit isn't too bright. It's not really the star of the show, here.

I would say it's unisex, but just slightly more masculine. Sort of on the level of lp#9: Green Chai one. And while there is warmth in this, and it's certainly summer weight, scent wise to me it's more of a spring or fall one. Not that it smells like perfumes/scents associated with those seasons, but it reminds me of the weather then. When it is warm, but chilly at the same time. Fresh and breezy without the heat of summer. (Or, at least, without the heat of Texas summers.) It's not heavy at all, but light and fresh. I keep coming back to the word "fresh" in my notes. I think that's my main take away.

Now, I do amp patch quite a bit, and this was very patch heavy on me. But it was an herbal, plant-like patch, not the smoky, incense-y type. It also wasn't as scratchy as patch usually gets on me. It was very loud patch, but I actually sort of enjoyed it, which is not a reaction I usually have to patch. To the point I'm even thinking about getting a bottle. Again, not a reaction I normally have to patch. That's part of what makes this scent so unexpected.

(As an aside, I think it's funny how Luna described it as slightly soapy, because one of my notes to myself was that it smells like a clean store. Like, if you've ever walked into a store and thought, "It smells clean in here!" That's what this reminds me of. I was afraid that wouldn't make sense to anyone else, though. 😁 )