Merry Meet! (regular reader now interested in perfumes)

Angy

Greetings! I've been inside the Love Potion Magickal Parfumerie store quite a bit this year, but more so for the awesome bookstore portion rather than the perfumes! I'm addicted to buying and reading new books during slow hours at work, and I love giving them back to the store when done. Also, I absolutely love the community here and everything else the store has to offer.

Whenever I learn about or become interested in something new, I love to go into it all the way. Some of you who have seen me around the store may have noticed about how I get absorbed in reading both about magick-related history as well as modern culture, and going into specific topics as well. I'd love to expand my interest in the world of fragrance, especially in how it can relate to the magickal!

Honestly, my mother is an avid collector of perfumes and I've told her about this place. I gave her a couple of samples and she thinks they smell wonderful, and very niche. I'm trying to increase my knowledge about it to further bond with her, and to explore another aspect of the store!

I'd love any recommendations for perfumes, or any words of advice, or simply just meeting new people around here.

Blessed be!

Hi Angy, nice to meet you!

If you have specific questions about certain types of scents that you're interested in, I know they'll be a lot of suggestions coming your way! :D

2 hours ago, luna65 said:

Hi Angy, nice to meet you!

If you have specific questions about certain types of scents that you're interested in, I know they'll be a lot of suggestions coming your way! :D

Hi Luna, thank you for responding! I like your avatar, is that a picture of you? I'm now wondering if I have seen you inside the shop because the drawing looks like a familiar face!

Thank you! I love smelling scents in person so I'll probably ask more questions next time I stop by. I'm mostly into "fresh" or "musky" or "unisex" sorts of smells and I look forward to smelling more! :) Do you have any recommendations that embody those descriptors to an extent?

:thbf54f4bf:

Hi! Nice to meet you, Angy! I’m still learning about the perfumes/scents too. I originally came here for the pheromones but quickly have become addicted to the perfumes too. I’m told that happens a lot here. 😁

That’s cool that you are into reading about magick & magick history. I don’t know much about it, but it seems like an interesting topic. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:04 AM, RosesArePink said:

:thbf54f4bf:

Hi! Nice to meet you, Angy! I’m still learning about the perfumes/scents too. I originally came here for the pheromones but quickly have become addicted to the perfumes too. I’m told that happens a lot here. 😁

That’s cool that you are into reading about magick & magick history. I don’t know much about it, but it seems like an interesting topic. 

It's a pleasure to meet you too! Do you go by Roses or something else?

I find the concepts of pheromones so fascinating and want to get more into that. That's cool how you got into the perfumes because of that.

How did you find this particular forum, coming from NY? It's cool how you're from there, that's where my partner lives!

😁 Sure, Roses will work or RaPink (there are other people with roses in their handle). 

Oh, I was just playing around on the internet looking for information on pheromones and reading about the different products available from various companies. Really, just stumbled into finding the forum. I think on the forum there are a lot of people from all over the USA and also some from other parts of the world.

Hi @Angy, I would say Sensual Harmony, Unisexy, Allumette and Love Potion: White fit the description of the scents you like. I find it helpful to search the LPMP website  by ingredients, eg. Musk, that way I get scent suggestions, with and without pheromones, that I might not have thought of before. I’ve given some scents with pheromones to my Mum and she likes wearing them for self-effects. Word of warning: once you get into the scents, there is no way to stop😃

On 8/10/2022 at 4:38 AM, RosesArePink said:

😁 Sure, Roses will work or RaPink (there are other people with roses in their handle). 

Oh, I was just playing around on the internet looking for information on pheromones and reading about the different products available from various companies. Really, just stumbled into finding the forum. I think on the forum there are a lot of people from all over the USA and also some from other parts of the world.

I like RaPink! And that's really cool how you've found the forum! After looking more around here I've been seeing more users from other states and even farther.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:38 AM, citrine said:

Welcome @Angy! :)

Thank you! Nice seeing you here and also around the forum! :)

On 8/16/2022 at 2:50 AM, CosmoTea said:

Hi @Angy, I would say Sensual Harmony, Unisexy, Allumette and Love Potion: White fit the description of the scents you like. I find it helpful to search the LPMP website  by ingredients, eg. Musk, that way I get scent suggestions, with and without pheromones, that I might not have thought of before. I’ve given some scents with pheromones to my Mum and she likes wearing them for self-effects. Word of warning: once you get into the scents, there is no way to stop😃

I've tried Love Potion: White and it's fantastic! I'm going to the store again later this week to check out more scents. Also, recently I've become addicted to Atlas and Daisy Shore.

I'll have to look at the LPMP website that way! Thank you for suggesting it. And yes, I think I'm on the path toward addiction, hahaha.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, SugarKitten said:

Hi, nice to meet you! I hope to visit the store one day, it sounds like an amazing place. 

Nice to meet you too! It would be awesome if you could visit the store someday! The Vancouver/Portland area in general is also very lovely!