Earth and Urn (Tierra y Urna)

luna65

AD-EarthandUrn.jpg

Scent: Sexy, intense coffee incense.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
CINNAMON and CASSIA BARK ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. Used in ancient mummification rituals.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This one was off the bat dark cocoa powder and earthy not as in EARTHY POTTING SOIL but you're outside after a rain and there's faint nature smell.  there's something about this that makes you go hm nah...

...but it's also intoxicatingly alluring and mysterious that draws you in for more, as it morphed; it smelled sorta ashy, sorta savoury, sorta chocolatey coffee and incense. I sorta love this a lot it's a full bottle right away.

Oooh I love it!  I figured I would.  It's sweeter than I thought it would be, at least to begin with.  The earthiness and spiciness are there but there's a thread of sweetness as well, so the chocolate isn't as earthy as that type normally is.   I love cigar accords and I think this one is really nice, it doesn't overtake the blend.  Coffee and tobacco notes are very complimentary in fragrance, IMO.

Very potent and deep, I'm trying to think of what it reminds me of...maybe Kahve, a bit.  It doesn't give me as much of an incense vibe as Mourning Glory did, but it is in there a bit.

Definitely unisex, I feel like it skews more masculine but I think anyone who likes it could wear it, if it's to your taste, and really nice for Fall/Winter in terms of weight and intensity.

I just applied this after it had rested for a day, so there's probably some travel shock still going on. Right now, I am getting earth, tobacco, and bitter coffee with just a hint of clove. I am surprised because I usually amp spices, but there are none to be found besides a smidgenof clove. It's an interesting scent, which I can't stop sniffing. I am going to let it rest a few more days to see if the chocolate and other spices become more prominent. 

I'm having an autumnal coffee in the rain at the old limestone and sandstone section of the cemetery-full of intricately carved obelisks; tree trunk benches; ascending and weeping angels; Memento Mori. I might be having a clove cigarette, (but just one), in honor of my dearly departed theatre partner.

In this one bottle, there is the cool of the damp earth, the ache of sorrow, and the hope of joyous journeys, free from the limitations of these gravity-laden vessels in which we are bound. 

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee, earth, and chocolate at first, and then after dry down I’m getting the sweet tobacco with the other 3 I mentioned. A little spice, but not much, and not incense on me. I like this on me and I seem to really like tobacco and vanilla notes on men (in the past I’ve liked Havana and Tom ford a lot) so I would definitely like this on a man. Ironically I don’t like smokers! 

Edited by Femmefatale

• 3 months later...

Sometimes, you read the notes and think you'll like something, but it doesn't quite work on your skin. Other times, it turns out even better than expected. This is definitely the latter! I love this!! It's what I had hoped Kahve would be, but the coffee in that one disappeared almost immediately on my skin. This is all deep coffee and tobacco and spicy goodness.

I love coffee scents. I like the sweet ones, but I especially love the ones that have rich depth and some nuance of bitter to complement the sweet. 

It's spicy, but not a baking spice, and not quite a dry spice. It's a dark, almost burnt spice. The dryness of the spice pairs with the slight dryness of the cocoa. But it's not overly dry, just enough to not be too sweet of a chocolate. I keeping with the not too sweet, I'm also getting unsweetened coffee and some delightful bitterness. There's also something that reminds me a bit of a campfire. If I can ever remember, I think I'd like to try layering it with Ash. I think it would also be good paired with a sweet scent. 

It's a dark scent. Like when things are burnt on the edges. (In a good way.) I get a very 90s independent coffee shop vibe. You know the kind that had its own library and there was always a college student in the corner reading philosophy and smoking. As it wears over the course of hours, the spice dies down a little, but the scent still remains deeply rich and nicely textured. (In my notes, I wrote that it has the texture of bark, but even I don't know what that means, lol.) I already went full bottle, and am thinking about a second.

• 3 months later...

I got to sniff this in at the shoppe yesterday and it was instant full bottle worthy!

I've been careful using my cherished Haunted Hollows so I can stretch it as long as I can. I am happy to find another earthy scent that can eventually take its place. 

Earth and Urn is very earthy - so aptly named - but to me it's a bit warmer and has a touch of sweetness that differentiates it from Haunted Hollows. It doesn't have that strong wet earth smell. 🖤🖤🖤

I just realized this is in the men's fragrance reviews. I am sure my husband will love it, but I don't think I want to share 😆

On 6/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, phergineer said:

I just realized this is in the men's fragrance reviews. I am sure my husband will love it, but I don't think I want to share 😆

We tend to put Unisex ones into the men's section, but this is fully an *anyone can wear it* scent. I wear this one all the time, it's one of my absolute faves. And it was so good to see you in the shop the other day! xoxoxox

• 4 months later...

Update: this one is fellow approved. He could only identify it as sweet smelling, but loved it and kept saying how good I smelled. After I mentioned the coffee he could notice it was coffee and smoke. I was surprised because he loves coffee and to me the coffee is unmistakable.