Shadow Dragon (Sombra de Dragón)

luna65

AD-ShadowDragon.jpg

Scent: Dark syrupy dragon's blood with syrupy dark berries.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

Dragon's blood is one of those notes which hates me, at least when it's prominent.  Like, this isn't that sweet on me.  I'm bummed that I'm not getting the berries as much as I'd like to, like in NOX for example.  But if it works with your chemistry I do think it's a nice blending of fruit and resin.  It's unisex but I feel it skews a bit feminine.

ETA: the berries come out more for me in the long drydown but I feel like the dragon's blood is kinda making it more medicinal that it would normally be.  Again, my skin chemistry is screwing things up, lol.

Getting loads of luscious berries up front. Dragon's Blood is typically a sharp nose stabber on my skin. During the first few moments of application, the sharpness was there, but not overwhelmingly so. The syrupy dark berries took center stage. The sharpness of the Dragon's Blood faded within 15 minutes, leaving an underlying sweetness that sat alongside the fruits, like a dusting of sugar on top of a dessert, rather than being cooked into the fruity goodness. I don't mind that at all. At about an hour, this is all berries with just a dash of cocktail bitters, which helps this edge into the more masculine arena-on my skin. Again, I'm ok with that, but when I choose to wear this, it will be in one of Mara's perfume lockets, on the off chance that the Dragon's Blood tries to steal the stage. If you are a fan of Dragon's Blood, don't be put off by the idea of this running too feminine. At least sample this. Well worth it.