Coconut Custard (Flan de Coco)

luna65

AD-CoconutFlan.jpg

Scent: Deliciously creamy coconut caramel custard. According to Izzy, this is amazingly faithful to the aura of traditional flan.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This is basically everything I hoped it would be! The coconut is strong on me when first applied. It’s very reminiscent of sugared coconut but less sugar and then lots of caramel on top. The dry down is really nice and smells exactly like Flan. I love this. 

I want to say this is almost like a dessert version of Papi Chulo.

In the vial I get the caramel which is delicious but on my skin I get a really nice gourmand toasted coconut impression which is quite enjoyable!  Usually I have issues with that kind of thing, but this stays nicely sweet.  There's a sugary aspect which emerges in the drydown but it's not the same caramel vibe that I get in the vial.  It's not as milky as what I associate with flan, but it does have a wonderful dessert-like quality.  Totally yummy!

Ok, don't rely on my skin for this review/morphing. This has never happened with coconut, but I like what is happening. 

If you bake, if you have ever used 'Mexican' Vanilla, you'll understand what I mean. Let me digress. Typically, a standard vanilla has an inherent sweetness. 'Mexican' Vanilla has a gorgeous woodsy warmth that adds depth, but reads less sweet. Along  the same line, this coconut is not the standard sweetened, moist, bagged coconut. This is freshly toasted, sans sugar. 

I am not getting maple, but rather a hint of sweetness that warms the cream..or maybe this is full fat coconut milk.

I think, on my skin, that this may be  Horchata, sans cinnamon. This is a 'get closer' scent that is not an overt advertisement.  This would work in an office setting as easily as on a date. It has the quality that begs the question..what is that magickal intoxicant?

I really could see this as a scent I'd carry in my bag as a go-to for any situation.

It feels like a good layering scent as well. Think I might have a little Halloween prep party. Go with me on this: layer Coconut Custard with Hungry Souls and see if I end up with a Mounds Bar. 

41 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I think, on my skin, that this may be  Horchata, sans cinnamon.

Did you ever try Somewhere In Time?  That one, to me, was definitely horchata!

This is all sweet, creamy coconut on me. The maple just adds to the sweetness and doesn't take over, like it does sometimes on my skin. It has a lot of staying power too. I put it on mid-day and it's still just as strong now. 

• 1 month later...

It smells different on me compared to reviewers above, maybe because of the amber. At first it’s a bitter sweet smell of burnt coconut, then the bitterness becomes softer and it gets to sort of a smoky coconut.

My skin accentuates bitter smells which I try to avoid. Previously tested Leather in Panache and the resins in it were very loud on me

Edited by Mila

• 11 months later...

This is a story of falling out of love. 💔 Lol. I am being dramatic. 

Anyway, I really, really liked Flan de Coco! I ordered a full bottle less than two weeks after getting the trial! I actually considered whether to get more than one full bottle! 

I am a fan of flan! 🍮💕 I don't use coconut when making it, so I was curious how this fragrance would smell. When I sniffed this on Day 0, I thought it was Odalisque (2023). It has this somewhat powdery smell to me that I thought might have been the almond in Odalisque. I immediately liked this though. 

I'd been wearing my trial on and off especially last month. One time, I wore it while walking out: this on one arm and Love Potion: Pink Lace on the other. This is quite potent. The smell of it wafting through my pullover as my body heat reactivated this and Pink Lace was just wonderful. I honestly thought that I liked this so much that Pink Lace became something I really liked out of association. 🍮💗

I put this on a paper towel either yesterday or the day before, and it's so potent that I could smell its scent whenever I got around the coffee table. It still smelled somewhat powdery to me, like powdered caramel and chocolate. Imagine dehydrating a flan (like those freeze-dried fruits) and grinding it into powder. That's what this smells like to me! It seems my nose is different because I'm not getting the same creamy quality that I would usually associate with the bouncy flan, but I do get that creamy smell for the first second or so when I sniff this during fresh application. 🌬️🍮👃🏻

So, why the falling out of love? Well, I mentioned in my Vessel review that I prefer Flan de Coco. However, now that I have full bottles of both, I have reached for Vessel way more. I haven't wanted to wear Flan de Coco for a while and I actually haven't even unsealed my Flan de Coco full bottle yet. I still have the trial too and this is so potent that just a little dab goes a long way. To be fair, I am almost out of my Vessel trial because I've accidentally spilt it at least twice while trying to apply it in the dark. Vessel also goes away quicker so I tend to reapply more, while Flan de Coco has more lasting power.

Flan de Coco is still a very delicious scent though. I think I might just need a break from it. I look forward to rediscovering this scent in the future! Thank you so much @Vika for requesting this! 

On 11/22/2023 at 11:35 PM, Onyx said:

This is a story of falling out of love. 💔 Lol. I am being dramatic. 

Anyway, I really, really liked Flan de Coco! I ordered a full bottle less than two weeks after getting the trial! I actually considered whether to get more than one full bottle! 

I am a fan of flan! 🍮💕 I don't use coconut when making it, so I was curious how this fragrance would smell. When I sniffed this on Day 0, I thought it was Odalisque (2023). It has this somewhat powdery smell to me that I thought might have been the almond in Odalisque. I immediately liked this though. 

I'd been wearing my trial on and off especially last month. One time, I wore it while walking out: this on one arm and Love Potion: Pink Lace on the other. This is quite potent. The smell of it wafting through my pullover as my body heat reactivated this and Pink Lace was just wonderful. I honestly thought that I liked this so much that Pink Lace became something I really liked out of association. 🍮💗

I put this on a paper towel either yesterday or the day before, and it's so potent that I could smell its scent whenever I got around the coffee table. It still smelled somewhat powdery to me, like powdered caramel and chocolate. Imagine dehydrating a flan (like those freeze-dried fruits) and grinding it into powder. That's what this smells like to me! It seems my nose is different because I'm not getting the same creamy quality that I would usually associate with the bouncy flan, but I do get that creamy smell for the first second or so when I sniff this during fresh application. 🌬️🍮👃🏻

So, why the falling out of love? Well, I mentioned in my Vessel review that I prefer Flan de Coco. However, now that I have full bottles of both, I have reached for Vessel way more. I haven't wanted to wear Flan de Coco for a while and I actually haven't even unsealed my Flan de Coco full bottle yet. I still have the trial too and this is so potent that just a little dab goes a long way. To be fair, I am almost out of my Vessel trial because I've accidentally spilt it at least twice while trying to apply it in the dark. Vessel also goes away quicker so I tend to reapply more, while Flan de Coco has more lasting power.

Flan de Coco is still a very delicious scent though. I think I might just need a break from it. I look forward to rediscovering this scent in the future! Thank you so much @Vika for requesting this! 

you’re welcome! I’m glad other people love it too!

I used to hate flan growing up because it used to remind me of cold fried eggs that accidentally got syrup on them. When I got older though, I really started to love it more.

I have recently found out about coconut flan and it’s supposed to be really good. I’m looking into making it myself. 

I love this scent because it’s so realistic and comforting. I do tend to take scent breaks in general though because I have so many and with LPMP there is always more than one favorite so don’t feel too guilty about that. lol 

Your reviews on Vessel have convinced me to get a bottle though. Lol

@Vika: I can very much visualize what you mean about the cold, fried eggs with syrup. I think some undercooked flans or those with a texture that's too soft and lacks bounciness can highlight that egg taste and feel! 🍮🍳

Yes, I now realize why there's a tendency to have multiple different scents. Aside from different scents for different moods and avoiding anosmia from overexposure, it's good to take breaks to avoid getting tired of it and running out too quickly! 😆

I hope you like it! I initially wasn't too into Vessel, but I think I've already used a quarter of my bottle and I've only had it for a bit over two weeks! 😬