Pumpkin Dulce (Dulce de Calabaza)

luna65

AD-PumpkinDulce.jpg

Scent: Pumpkin dulce de leche.
Note: You might enjoy this recipe!: https://www.girlversusdough.com/dulce-de-leche-pumpkin-pie/

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This smells just like the name. Creamy pumpkin mixed with whipped cream and butter and some spices. It’s more creamy than it is buttery but it’s very yummy!

I never tried Garland and Lace but this is delicious!

For anyone wanting to compare this to Lantern - at least to me I think it's sweeter.  It's really sugary whereas I got more of a baked goods impression with Lantern.  I don't know if it really reminds me of Garland & Lace, I suppose it would depend on which version.  It's sugar and spice but more in favor of the sugar, I would say.  The caramel pairs really well with the pumpkin spice accord.

It's odd that I'm getting something different than Luna but I am. I am a huge fan of lantern. I am hoarding the last 1/5 of my bottle. I put a dab on one wrist and a dab of this on the other. They are different. 

Pumpkin Dulce is buttery and light whipped pumpkin with sweet gingerbread in the background. Lantern is warm and inviting. It has this warm hug kind of vibe that I think Pumpkin Dulce is missing. To me it's sweeter and spicier than Pumpkin Dulce too. 

I like this a lot, but alas it's not my beloved lantern. It's more reserved I think. More grown up. Still a great choice, possibly a full bottle. 😊

I'll be saving all of you from ordering this concoction. Consider it my gift to you. You can't have any. Period. End of.

This is THE finest pumpkin scent you've ever created, IMHO, Mara. I thought the beloved Cauldron Cake was the bees knees, but this is stunning! The ginger, nutmeg and allspice are spicy and warm. The cream is luscious, the pumpkin is full and rich. The sugar is not a one note; it layered and nuanced. Combined, these notes are pitch perfect. 

I had to chime in on the lantern vs pumpkin dulce.  Lantern not sweet on me.  No butterscotch.  Not really baked good.  Mostly just cinnamon.    I had so wanted this to be perfect for me, but after a year now, it still just isn’t.  I’m not home right now, but it seems like Pumpkin Dulce is more sweet, less spicy.  It really did remind me of one version of G&L.  The nutmeg is much more prominent in it than in Lantern.  Again my skin chemistry… With Pumpkin Dulce I do get the gingerbread notes.  

This is really delicious! Lantern is my all-time favorite pumpkin perfume and this is a close second. It is definitely sweeter than Lantern and the spices are a bit more present on my skin but not overwhelming at all. It's perfect for daytime use and Lantern would work nicely layered over top later in the evening. 

Since there has been Comparison Discourse I will join in now and state that I still think Pumpkin Dulce is sweeter than Lantern but that is in terms of my skin chemistry.  Lantern does a baked goods thing on my skin which I like, but PD just has an overall creamy sweetness which is different from Lantern.  To me.   However, I do think that fans of Lantern might enjoy this as well.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:35 PM, Artemis said:

Pumpkin Dulce is buttery and light whipped pumpkin with sweet gingerbread in the background. Lantern is warm and inviting

Agreed. I really like both. I think it’s sweeter than Lantern too (at least on me). Lantern is maybe like a strong, spicy gingerbread, where Pumpkin Dulce is like a creamy pumpkin pudding.

Pumpkin Dulce was allspice (really nutmeg & allspice, I guess) when I first put it on, but now the buttery-ness and pumpkin are showing themselves and it comes across as nicely balanced. Did I mention that I really like it?

• 3 weeks later...

Pumpkin Dulce goes on sweet pumpkin, but almost immediately, the spices overtake that. Then proceeds to wear as sweetened spice. It reminds me of a pumpkin spiced simple syrup. Like what you might add to coffee. After 30-40 minutes, some of the milk/butter/cream notes come out, as well. I eventually get some of the pumpkin again, but after it has quieted down a lot. Despite the spice, it's not a particularly rich scent, making it seem more for daytime. The sweetness felt more sugar than caramel or other sticky sweetness.

Since we're doing Lantern comparisons, here are my thoughts: It's much lighter than Lantern, and I also get less pumpkin. It's just as spicy, though, if not spicier. I find the spices much more noticeable due to less weight from the other notes. It has much less heft than Lantern. Less full, less rich. If pumpkin spices are the song, Pumpkin Dulce feels like a simple melody line, while Lantern feels like chords. (I'm not musical, so forgive me if that doesn't make sense.) Lantern is also a lot more "baked goods", whereas Pumpkin Dulce reads somewhat less straight-up gourmand on me. So, they're somewhat similar, but fill very different niches.

Overall, it's strongly spiced, but lighter, less sticky, and more daytime than some of the previous pumpkin scents, but still in the pumpkin spice scent vein.

• 1 year later...