Sugar Skull (Calavera)

luna65

AD-SugarSkull.jpg

Scent: Light and bright, sweet clear lemon sugar with an undercast of anise.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
STAR ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

I was very excited for this one!  I love lemon scents, and this one reminds me a bit of Lady Frost (though it doesn't have the "icy" dimension) and also a PE from years ago called Ann's Sweet Lemony Licorice.  The anise is definitely an undertone but it complements the lemony aspect of this one.  It's sweet, but not in an obvious way.  It's very bright with a little spice, you might say.

Unapologetic baker at the keyboard. This is Lemon Springerle Cookies! Lemon zest in a vanilla and anise dough, printed with designs, then baked low and slow-designed to be dipped (not dunked) in a hot beverage-builders or breakfast tea, or a toddy, or coffee. 

The lemon is fresh. Then, there's a bruised lemon rind, kissed with a flame, and aged in a crock of sugar (scented sugar and sweet rinds!). 

This is a delightful celebration!

@Wanderlust I totally agree with the comparison to springerle cookies.  It must be the anise peeping through.  

I think ( @Eastwood22 ) for those who long for another lemonscream buttercream, that this certainly can be  layered with the Coconut Custard Flan and get something in the same neighborhood as Lemonscream.  That said, the variations of skyclad body butter in this scent smelled different from each other.  I don’t remember that much about how the LemonScream perfume itself smelled.   Regardless, it would be a great combo if one wanted to add  more creaminess to the crispy  zing of the lemon in Sugar Skull. 

Edited by Eve

Since I’m feeling a bit better today and I’m pretty sure I can smell again, I decided to celebrate by trying Sugar Skull today. This and Pumpkin Dulce are the two I was most excited to try. 😍 Yes, I love fruit and in particular love citrus, apple/pears and berries. This one totally fills the perfect lemon scent for me - clear, juicy sweet lemon with a cookie back drop. How could I not love it?

I wasn't sure about this one because I loathe the smell and taste of anise. @Eve sent me a sample and I hesitantly tried it. Guess what? I smell like a delicious lemony vanilla treat, with not even a touch of anise! I really love the scent and will be probably be ordering a full bottle with my next order.

@Kayla Yay! I’m so glad you didn’t miss out on it.  (I don’t like anise either, and agree it definitely is not prominent).    Something about the fragrance smells “clear” but to me.  It smells like bright translucent lemony treat. Hard candy maybe?  I dunno, but I can’t shake the impression. 

56 minutes ago, Eve said:

@Kayla Yay! I’m so glad you didn’t miss out on it.  (I don’t like anise either, and agree it definitely is not prominent).    Something about the fragrance smells “clear” but to me.  It smells like bright translucent lemony treat. Hard candy maybe?  I dunno, but I can’t shake the impression. 

Yes, it does have a translucent quality to it. After it was on for most of the day it became a really sheer lemon-vanilla. 

On 10/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, Wanderlust said:

The lemon is fresh. Then, there's a bruised lemon rind, kissed with a flame, and aged in a crock of sugar (scented sugar and sweet rinds!). 

This is a delightful celebration!

This is such a good description, I won’t even bother! I didn’t think I could possibly need another lemon scent, I even have two unopened Fairy Cake Lemons hidden away, and ordered two Sunshine Brûlée’s not long ago. But this is really different! The lemon is fresh and bright, but @Wanderlust nailed it with the “kissed with a flame,” the copal chaser sets it apart. I do love my buttercreams but there’s no reason to add anything here, it’s lovely as is. Interestingly, my man immediately said “it’s got black licorice in it,” I wouldn’t get the anise at all if I wasn’t looking for it, but he’s got those super powers.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 2 months later...