Jump to content

Please Please Please Read: Disaster in the Family....


Potion Master
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Done. I also have some new and nearly new stuff I don't need. Is there someplace I can send it?

You are so very kind, thank you.

 

I will check with her. Her internet accessibility is limited at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an address for sending things, but I am not going to post it publicly for safety sake. If you would like to send her something, please email me and I will give you her work address.

Thank you, Loved Ones!

Our email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've been getting multiple very kind offers to send clothing.

Unfortunately, this idea is not the best fit for their situation right now, because they literally do not have the room for trial and error in this regard. They are currently sharing a small hotel room with very limited space and have no place to store excess items. It would be better to donate the $10 or $15 you would have spent on postage sending the clothing, so they can choose the precise items they need for themselves to wear to work and to school.

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and generosity, it is greatly appreciated.

xoxoxox

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is so awful! I donated already but am wondering if Julie has a list of favorite LPMP perfumes we could send to her from our collections if she's interested. They are small, don't take up much room, and would probably give her some comfort during this difficult time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How thoughtful, Kayla 😊   I can’t even imagine how many Luna had in her collection.   She was here from the start, or almost the very beginning anyway.  I wish there were more members still active from years previous to when you and I joined.  (I think we were the same year, right?)  I remember Luna occasionally saying she had not tried a previous iteration of a perfume, but for the most part she had.  That’s a lot of history to lose in a matter of just minutes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She told me that what she was most sad about losing was her collection of PEs, especially the ones made at her request.

 

You guys are all the sweetest people in the world. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful community. Love you all. xoxoxo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have exactly none of these, but this is what I’ve gathered from a quick search….

 

 

Sun gold Mocha, Miss Autumn, Floofy, Coffee and a Cigarette, Q&Q's Delicious Wood, Menage A Trois, Burnished Cacao, Cerise Cacao, Orchidelirium Cacao, Sungold Cacao

 

I think these are Luna’s, not sure -

Release the Hounds, Any Color You Like, S’more than a Feeling, 

 

Does anyone have any of these? Even sniffles? 

 

 

Edited by Eastwood22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Eve said:

How thoughtful, Kayla 😊   I can’t even imagine how many Luna had in her collection.   She was here from the start, or almost the very beginning anyway.  I wish there were more members still active from years previous to when you and I joined.  (I think we were the same year, right?)  I remember Luna occasionally saying she had not tried a previous iteration of a perfume, but for the most part she had.  That’s a lot of history to lose in a matter of just minutes. 

Yes, we joined around the same time, Eve. 

3 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I have exactly none of these, but this is what I’ve gathered from a quick search….

 

 

Sun gold Mocha, Miss Autumn, Floofy, Coffee and a Cigarette, Q&Q's Delicious Wood, Menage A Trois, Burnished Cacao, Cerise Cacao, Orchidelirium Cacao, Sungold Cacao

 

I think these are Luna’s, not sure -

Release the Hounds, Any Color You Like, S’more than a Feeling, 

 

Does anyone have any of these? Even sniffles? 

 

 

Thanks for looking for her PEs, Eastwood22. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Potion Master said:

She told me that what she was most sad about losing was her collection of PEs, especially the ones made at her request.

 

You guys are all the sweetest people in the world. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful community. Love you all. xoxoxo

Mara, do you think Julie would be able to put a wish list together for those of us who would like to send her some perfumes - either new ones or older ones we may have in our collections? I remember she likes peach perfumes and would be happy to look through my collection for older ones she likes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love that idea! When my home was broken into years ago you guys really helped me the same way and it is still something I cherish to this day, all your kindness! On top of my donation I would love to help replace what I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! Look here, there’s her responses in a “favorites by genre” thread. Perhaps not current or exactly what she would want, since it’s done by categories, (like florals are less desirable than resins, for example) but a great list to reference 

 

https://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/topic/10788-favorites-by-genre/?do=findComment&comment=422970

Edited by Eastwood22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Kayla said:

Mara, do you think Julie would be able to put a wish list together for those of us who would like to send her some perfumes - either new ones or older ones we may have in our collections? I remember she likes peach perfumes and would be happy to look through my collection for older ones she likes. 

 

@luna65 ???

 

Thank you, @Eastwood22, so kind of you to take the time to do that! ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have exactly none of these.  I thought I had one left of my PE, but if I do, it’s hiding.  I have extra labels, but Mara can print those.

 

What I do have is an almost full bottle of Ruthven (it’s to the label top) sealed bottles of Potion Bastet, Snoozle, Chakra Heart,  Rose Fairy Cake,  and first brew of Beewitched.  At least I think it is the first brew.  They were pretty much identical anyway.   I also could definitely share a decant of Sticky Fingers (Universal Voodoo)   I’d combined a couple of bottles into one larger one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone -
 
First of all, thank you so much for your kindness, empathy, and generosity.  My son and I truly appreciate it.  It's been a tragic couple of weeks here, not only because of the housefire but also deaths in the family and so I have felt overwhelmed but incredibly grateful for the support of others, and this community is the very definition of those qualities.  Mara and I treasure each and every one of you.
 
I wanted to state that I am very touched by the kind thoughts as regards my collection.  The bulk of it is safe, actually, because I stored it elsewhere due to my son being rather scent-sensitive.  However, I did lose all my Sugareds and Fairy Cakes, my FHW collection, my sleep scents, my Spell Collection scents, as well as the backups of my PEs, a few backups of older scents, and my Hold Box of items which I had purchased but had yet to use.  As well as my full collection of Alternative Breeding/Universal Voodoo scents.  So in future I think what I will do is post a list of things I would like to have and if anyone is willing to donate to my loving home then that would be so incredibly appreciated.  I just need some time to work it out, so probably next month.  Your kindness has brought happy tears to my eyes. 
 
My infinite thanks to everyone who had donated to the GoFundMe, it's especially helping my son whose room was completely destroyed by the fire and so we're working on replacing all his things.  He says thank you very much and understands how important this community has been to me all these years.
 
Wishing everyone a happy holiday, however you observe and celebrate.  Hold your loved ones close, experience all the joy and with much love from me.
Julie xo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, luna65 said:
Hi everyone -
 
First of all, thank you so much for your kindness, empathy, and generosity.  My son and I truly appreciate it.  It's been a tragic couple of weeks here, not only because of the housefire but also deaths in the family and so I have felt overwhelmed but incredibly grateful for the support of others, and this community is the very definition of those qualities.  Mara and I treasure each and every one of you.
 
I wanted to state that I am very touched by the kind thoughts as regards my collection.  The bulk of it is safe, actually, because I stored it elsewhere due to my son being rather scent-sensitive.  However, I did lose all my Sugareds and Fairy Cakes, my FHW collection, my sleep scents, my Spell Collection scents, as well as the backups of my PEs, a few backups of older scents, and my Hold Box of items which I had purchased but had yet to use.  As well as my full collection of Alternative Breeding/Universal Voodoo scents.  So in future I think what I will do is post a list of things I would like to have and if anyone is willing to donate to my loving home then that would be so incredibly appreciated.  I just need some time to work it out, so probably next month.  Your kindness has brought happy tears to my eyes. 
 
My infinite thanks to everyone who had donated to the GoFundMe, it's especially helping my son whose room was completely destroyed by the fire and so we're working on replacing all his things.  He says thank you very much and understands how important this community has been to me all these years.
 
Wishing everyone a happy holiday, however you observe and celebrate.  Hold your loved ones close, experience all the joy and with much love from me.
Julie xo

@luna65, I have been away from the boards for about 2 weeks and I'm just now seeing this note, I'm so very sorry to see that you had a house fire and loved loved ones. My heart just breaks for you.... Much Love

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@luna65 thank you so much for taking the time to update us. 
I know I mentioned it on the forum before, I returned to my house from a camping trip two summers ago to a fire truck in front of my house. The fire started with my son’s mattress, from the vape pen that was hidden between it and the box spring. So it started in his room and traveled, but he especially lost all of his stuff. Kids are resilient and in a year or so, this just might be another funny story that he tells his friends. 🤞🏼
I am sorry that you have also had losses in your family. It seems like too much at once! Clearly the universe has an abundance of confidence in your ability to handle all this stress and loss, as do we. I’m sure you have a ton of helpers IRL, make sure you lean on us too, at least to decompress/ process. 
Love you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OMG @luna65 I am so sorry this happened to you 😢

 

I will donate tonight when I come home. I may have some older LPs but can't send them due to my country's rules, but I do hope to visit NY next year and could send them from there.

 

I'm sending you ((HUGS))

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Eastwood22 - I've been thinking of what happened to your son; I agree that young people are resilient and my son will eventually move on from it.  I think the hardest part for him is that all of the reminders of his childhood are gone except his memories, and that's a lot to process.  But he seems to be doing better day by day.  We're moved into our semi-permanent housing now and I think that will be beneficial for our mental health in the long run.  Much love right back to you and yours! :kisses:

 

@citrine - that is very sweet of you to offer, but no worries.  I appreciate your kindness. 💖

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@luna65 Something you and your son will find of value is any photos you can dig up of your house, inside or out,  Probably even Google maps has a street view picture of it.

 

 I did not lose my childhood home due to any sort of disaster, but both of the houses I remember best from my childhood are gone.  My grandparents home that they built themselves in the 1920s was razed to put an apartment building on.  I had so many fond memories of it, the spanish tile roof, stucco exterior… a very typical Miami home from that era.  It was actually worse for me to see it gone, than to just know that it was.  As an adult I was visiting south Florida with a friend, and we drove over there. It made me only sadder. Then, my parents home, that they also built (my dad using the GI bill after the end of WWII) was demolished maybe two years ago.  I’ve not been there yet, but I made the mistake of looking on google maps and saw the barren lot, just a bit of a low coral rock wall that my mom had built when she was expecting my big brother was all  that remained.  All this to say, relatives might have some from family gatherings, your son’s friends might have some.  And of course there’s the cloud now, You might have photos saved there that were taken in your home. Our nature is to want to be able to remember our roots,  and if a person has moved a lot during their childhood, then their memory “roots” are well traveled.  But for someone who had just one house they called home always, it is a significant loss I think.  

 

My heart aches for you and your son, and I hope time does heal for both of you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all: let me just declare to everyone that Eve's baked goods are AMAZING.  Thank you so much for your care package! :wub:

 

And yes, I've been thinking about how best to find those memories which have tangible form...but I would definitely be sad too in terms of places no longer existing.  Trying to put it all in the best perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, luna65 said:

@Eastwood22 - I've been thinking of what happened to your son; I agree that young people are resilient and my son will eventually move on from it.  I think the hardest part for him is that all of the reminders of his childhood are gone except his memories, and that's a lot to process.  But he seems to be doing better day by day.  We're moved into our semi-permanent housing now and I think that will be beneficial for our mental health in the long run.  Much love right back to you and yours! :kisses:

 

@citrine - that is very sweet of you to offer, but no worries.  I appreciate your kindness. 💖

One mistake I recently made, he had kept a big Lego transformer looking guy of some kind, because it was partially melted. I didn’t realize that what it was when I was cleaning the mantle and found what I thought was an abandoned Lego project, and I put it outside on the free pile I have in front of my house. (Lots of foot traffic here, and there’s a sign “Help yourself!”) He saw it and was bummed. If he wants to keep some random charred trash as a reminder, let him! Maybe print out some pictures from his digital backstory and place them around the new digs? 

 

I recently heard a clutter clearing expert reflecting back to when she wished her house would catch fire and she could start anew. No one who’s been through it would wish it on anyone, let alone themselves! But it does help to pair us down to our true values.


I’m glad you’re getting settled in now. Get some rest!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2022 at 12:48 AM, citrine said:

@luna65 I just donated, I'm sorry it's not a lot, but it's from the heart. I know you read books, could I maybe get you a gift card somewhere?

 

That's incredibly sweet and generous of you, thank you so much.  Every little bit helps, as they say.  And again, so sweet, but your donation is more than enough, honestly. :love:

 

On 12/31/2022 at 6:37 PM, RosesArePink said:

@luna65  So sorry to hear about what happened! At least you and your son are safe. 

 

Thank you!  And yes, that is the most important thing of all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, @luna65.  I am thinking about you and hope you and your son are doing better and starting to rebuild things a little at a time. I can't imagine how hard it is to lose those special memories and be displaced from your home. Just wanted to send you some love and healing thoughts! 💕 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t been checking this section of the forum until today. Donated straight away. I started imagining what a horrendous experience it must have been and it brought tears to my eyes. I hope you @luna65 and your son have began to heal and maybe found a way to replace some of the memories lost. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much!  And again, thank you to everyone and the kindness you've expressed to us.  We are slowly recovering and remembering to be grateful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am profoundly sorry for the distress you and yours are going through, Julie Luna. I just donated as well. Blessings and Love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Julie Luna, 

I hope you’re doing okay. I’ve been wanting to say I’m sorry for your loss(es) and I hope this new year will bring you many blessings of love and happiness.

You deserve to rebuild in more ways than one after all of this. I hope you and your son get to do something fun this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luna, I’m so sorry you went through all that over the holidays. I’m glad you are both safe. Losing so many memories and precious things must be so hard. I hope somehow this disaster can be transmuted into something positive for you and your son in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your kind sentiments, truly appreciated.  We're getting back to normal, slowly, with many thanks to everyone's generosity and well-wishes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@luna65 I set aside a few bottles .  A  rose fairy cake, Snoozle, Chakra Heart, and Potion Bastet, all sealed.    You’d mentioned that not all of your perfumes were lost because they were stored elsewhere, but I think you lost your fairy cake collection(?) These are  yours when you’re ready, and if you want them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...