Buddy Beaux w/B2.2

AD-BuddyBeaux-usgsEddiesOverPacific.jpg.bd2a5b032177979727fbbd8847a034aa.jpg

Scent ~ Cozy and cuddly gender-neutral woody vanilla, with a dash of Asian spice.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SPICES ~ Love, lust, prosperity.

• luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

This has kind of a soapiness to it?  At least in the wet stage.  The spice blend it give a kind of tang in the top, an interesting character.  It does make me think of Bosom Bows but is a bit more linear, I think.  The woodiness comes to the fore in the drydown and there is a certain neutrality to it but I feel like it's got a primarily masculine vibe nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

Buddy Beaux goes on stronger than Bosom Bows, and is more outright masculine. But it's masculine in a way that works better for me, and is still easily wearable if you like unisex scents. The oak and vanilla are still there, but Buddy Beaux is richer and deeper, and like it has more bass. There's a bit of texture to it, some grit. There's not a huge difference in sweetness, but it is less sweet than Bosom Bows.

One of the big differences is the amber. Amber sometimes goes bad on me, and it's strong here, but doesn't ever cross that line. It's providing a lot of structure, though. I also get more of the spice. But it's overall really well balanced. It doesn't feel like any one note is overpowering the others. It's a smooth scent, and doesn't morph a whole lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

At first sniff, right out of the box; I love it so much. Definitely has the OG Bosom Bows DNA. This leans masculine, yet a little more vanilla & sweet. I'm going to let it rest a cpl days & try it out. I already love it in the bottle though. 

Edited by Beccah