Pajama Island w/Balm Bomb

AD-PajamaIsland-usgsSweden.jpg

Scent ~ Cozy fluffy musky vanilla/coconut wood scent.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This one doesn't have any lavender in it.  When I pitched the idea to Mara I was envisioning another snuggly take on vanilla-sandalwood-musk.  She put the black coconut and additional woody notes in there as she was brewing.

*ETA* There is no lavender in Pajama Island. Well, that explains everything! Ya know, it helps if you actually read and comprehend the entire description, especially the ingredients. 🤦‍♀️ Head..desk..thud...repeat.

So soft and so relaxing. Often, lavender- I repeat, there is NO lavender in Pajama Island- can go spike-sharp on my skin, but this variety is the perfect "Put your head on that floofy pillow and drift away to Dream Land" lavender- again, there is NO lavender in Pajama Island. It reminds me of the pink lavender my friend grows in Orgeon- but is NOT in Pajama Island. The tonka and coconut are lightly toasty-warm and snuggly. Not too feminine for men at all, but certainly a scent women can just smoosh into and cloud float. Lovely.

Anywho, this is an island where PJs are a thing, and that's alllll good.

Ahhh...this is somehow exactly what I wanted when I was telling Mara what I was thinking of for this one.  But the cute name was all her idea.

This has a powdery-creamy kind of mood and it's just slightly sweet.  Not overly so, just, like, that natural sweetness which tonka can possess, although I know the coconut is also contributing to that.  It's cuddly and cozy for sure, like the kind of thing you'd wear if you didn't want to get out of your pajamas and you wanted breakfast for dinner.  The wood aspect is really softened by the other notes, they all play really well together.  If you liked Northern Comfort I think you would like this too, although it's not quite as woody.  It also makes me think of PAX a bit.

9 hours ago, luna65 said:

Ahhh...this is somehow exactly what I wanted when I was telling Mara what I was thinking of for this one.  But the cute name was all her idea.

This has a powdery-creamy kind of mood and it's just slightly sweet.  Not overly so, just, like, that natural sweetness which tonka can possess, although I know the coconut is also contributing to that.  It's cuddly and cozy for sure, like the kind of thing you'd wear if you didn't want to get out of your pajamas and you wanted breakfast for dinner.  The wood aspect is really softened by the other notes, they all play really well together.  If you liked Northern Comfort I think you would like this too, although it's not quite as woody.  It also makes me think of PAX a bit.

@luna65, I'm looking for another nitetime, put me to sleep blend, did you feel this helped you to sleep?

This is a little sweeter than I expected but it is amazing! I don’t get much coconut, it’s mostly sandalwood and vanilla, and something else I can’t quite identify but it’s not reading as coconut. Balm bomb I’m not sure of, I might have to turn some of this into a small spray and see if it effects me, but my cat loved it!

Is this similar to Mtoto at all? I have and love that one. 

It’s a sweet and a cuddly scent to me. A soothing and calming scent. I think the tonka and coconut give the sweetness but is balanced out by the mahogany and teakwood. It gives me the impression of lying near a beach watching the waves on a cloudy day where it’s nice, cool and calm. This one might be my go to for the monthly grumps or just to have a relaxing day. 

• 1 month later...

I really like this one, I got a sample to ensure this would work for me, and its a great night time scent, I'm so glad it does not have lavender in it as I have so others with that note that I love to have a non lavender that can multitask, nighttime and everyday wear to calm me down.

• 6 months later...

Just have to brag about this scent. It has become my go to “in a funk” relief scent. The sweet, clean scent immediately makes me feel better and the balm bomb relaxes me. Maybe because it reminds me of summer days. Such a brilliant combo and a complete lifesaver when I’m in a grumpy mood!