Love at First Bite

luna65

In the bottle, the currant is very bright and tangy, it's really all I can smell (not that it's a bad thing, of course). It lasts for a while on me and then moves to the background and the sweet notes come to the fore. It's a nice mix of the honey, vanilla and chocolate, no one thing is really stronger than another. There's a sense of everything sort of tied together, I figure the orris root and the amber are grounding it a bit. It does have a "cute" aura to it, I can imagine girls of all ages wanting this one!

Edited by luna65

I would love to try that mix, but I am not a big fan of chocolate. I tried BFF and it was more of a chocolate scent so I threw it away. :-(

In the bottle, the currant is very bright and tangy, it's really all I can smell (not that it's a bad thing, of course). It lasts for a while on me and then moves to the background and the sweet notes come to the fore. It's a nice mix of the honey, vanilla and chocolate, no one thing is really stronger than another. There's a sense of everything sort of tied together, I figure the orris root and the amber are grounding it a bit. It does have a "cute" aura to it, I can imagine girls of all ages wanting this one!

I would love to try that mix, but I am not a big fan of chocolate. I tried BFF and it was more of a chocolate scent so I threw it away. :-(

darling you must never throw away an LP you must always trade, ones unfortunate find is another ones treasure

I have to say, I've only ever done that with samples from one company and it wasn't because of the smell, but rather, this particular etailer was so inherently evil that I could no longer bear to have her products in my house. In fact, they weren't even hers, she was just a reseller but claiming to do her own blending. So out they went and I did a banishing and that was all she sold (to me).

But if you don't like something: swap it, sell it, or give it to a friend. This is the artisan perfumer fans' credo.

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting, I get the currant for sure. I smell a soft chocolate scent more after a slight dry down. I' not sure about the orris,I don't know if i notice it much.I guess it is kind of a "cute" scent. I think I need more testing with this to talk more but it's still a keeper for me!

i think my sense of smell doesn't always work well,especially when my nose feels all dry :(

• 2 months later...

The currant, vanilla and amber are the dominante notes on me. It is very pretty and almost like a sweet floral. It almost smells like it has carnation in it, althought I don't think it does. The chocolate is very subtle and hardly noticible on my skin. My overall impression after drydown is a mouthwatering hard candy that is not overly sweet.

I have to say, I've only ever done that with samples from one company and it wasn't because of the smell, but rather, this particular etailer was so inherently evil that I could no longer bear to have her products in my house. In fact, they weren't even hers, she was just a reseller but claiming to do her own blending. So out they went and I did a banishing and that was all she sold (to me).

Let me take a wild guess here: www.femaleditions.com? Her web site is down, but I don't know if she's out of business or just re-doing it.

I'm with you. The only chocolate scent I've ever liked is scented 'Dominance', and I was already familiar with a rose / chocolate blend so I knew I'd like it. There has been no other chocolate body or house scent that has tickled my fancy.

So I'm glad you said that about 'BFF' because I can happily skip it now. :toast:

Let me take a wild guess here: www.femaleditions.com? Her web site is down, but I don't know if she's out of business or just re-doing it.

Spot on, as my OTL would say. ^_^