Potion 31

therapygirl

In the bottle I smell straight carrot cake: spicey goodness with cream cheese icing. On my skin, wet and after drydown, I just smell spices and a bitter vanilla that seems to make my nose itch.

I like the way this one smells in the bottle, but my body chemistry reacts with it in a not-so-good fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this one,cant wait to get my full bottle.

When i first put it on its very carrot cake-y, mmm

yum,then it turns to pure amber and honeycomb on me.

Its gorgeous! :carrot5of:

She feeds him bits of cake from the tips of her fingers...smeared playfully across lips...begging to be kissed clean of spicy carrot cake crumbs, sweet creamy frosting, vanilla, aged ambers and a drizzle of honey. Ahhhh, now that's sexy. Work your magic on someone specials this Halloween.

In the bottle: Very cakey, with a little of the sharper sweetness from honey.

On, wet: Warm, dark brown sugar. The spices in this are very subtle, and my nose has trouble picking them out. I don't get carrot cake out of this exactly, but there is a particular sweetness in there which is unique to cooked carrots.

Drydown: I agree with therapygirl that this one doesn't stay foody, but turns into a lovely very perfumey blend. If I try to pick apart teh notes, I can smell some honey and some spice, so I don't know how all those foody elements turn into this. It is very yummy, and complex.

As for effect... I just got some very nice attention from a co-worker that I've been nursing a little crush on. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I think scourager has said exactly what i want to say AND more lol

This is a pretty and sweet scent. Very warm and sugary but i do get a slight hint of one watery floral. It is very nice. Over time it fades a lil but still stays soft and girly with a slight vanillaish scent.

It is beautiful and I am tempted to hord what I can of it :001_302:

Wet, this is definitely the suggestion of carrot cake, if not the thing itself. And it stays that way on me for a little while, but then the drydown is decidely less foody, although still sweet. I imagine this is the type of scent people who like to smell sweet (without a specific reference) would really enjoy...the type that almost anyone could wear because it's a quality, not an actuality. I'm not quite sure if it's for me overall, but in the wet stage it's a yummy scent!

I scored a full bottle of this sweet creamy scent. I had worn this when it first came out then got side tracked by all the others. It wasn't until I saw there were 2 left that reapplied it then hurried up and ordered.