Best for beginners

You all here are so much more experienced that I am, so what would you recommend as a starting point for a phero rookie like me? I tend to like musk, patchouli, and vanilla scents, and I stay away from amber. I was thinking about Phero Girl....

You all here are so much more experienced that I am, so what would you recommend as a starting point for a phero rookie like me? I tend to like musk, patchouli, and vanilla scents, and I stay away from amber. I was thinking about Phero Girl....

It really depends on your intentions.....PheroGirl is sexual.....extremely sexual....it only contains copulins.....but it is a truly intoxicating scent.....along the same lines is Une, which is the same scent with no copulins.....Sugared Honeycomb is also a sexy scent, but with no pheros.

If you want to jump in with pheros, I would suggest getting one of the unscented phero blends.....that way, you can layer it with any scent you choose. To start out, I would suggest blends like Treasured Hearts, True Confessions, or maybe even Dominance (very good if you work in a male-dominated environment). Blatant Invitation is very good, but also very sexual.

As far as scents are concerned, the Love Potion varieties (such as Red, Black, Original) all have the same base, and are very good to start with......very vanilla-y and just scrumptious.....

A note about the scents here.....even if you have not had a good record with amber, try some of the amber scents from here.....there are a TON of different amber notes available to perfumers, and they smell completely different. I always try to choose one or two scents that may not appear to be what I would normally wear....AND, I have been pleasantly surprised......

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!

Hi, Ninjabug:

You might like Allegro to start out with.

Ninjabug,

If you like musk you will LOVE Synchronicity. It has Drop Your Guard phero in it. Here's a little write up from the site:

"Synchronicity contains our exclusive "Drop Your Guard" pheromone formula, in a comforting, companionable fragrance that both women and men can wear and enjoy. A warm, resiny musk with a hint of vanilla and an inviting tease of intrigue."

• 1 month later...

I tried Phero Girl and find nothing sexual about it. I find people don't like the way it smells on me. It smells very clean and aquatic on me with a little honey. Not a sweet honey though but a very dry one. I am looking for a sweeter phero blend. I have only tried Phero Girl so far. Im thinking the Super one and Me, Jane.

Super for women may be what you are looking for - it is very vanilla yummy almost like a cake or good deep cake batter but others did not find it foody on me - it was a pleasant warm smell -

Note: i had only tried it once but had positive hits from strangers during the day - people just being friendlier and nicer but had a strange reaction from my not boyfriend but special friend - bolted from the house like it was near on fire - could be b/c he registered something new and different and went with first reaction - flee now figure it out later.

i did order a big bottle and will test it out some more once the bottle comes - hoarding the precious (sample) right now [said in the voice of gollum from l of the r]

If you read the review of each you are thinking about you will get a good feel for what is right for you - the ladies here are pretty honest and accurate in their assessments and experiences with each

Happy hunting

I tried Phero Girl and find nothing sexual about it. I find people don't like the way it smells on me. It smells very clean and aquatic on me with a little honey. Not a sweet honey though but a very dry one. I am looking for a sweeter phero blend. I have only tried Phero Girl so far. Im thinking the Super one and Me, Jane.

You may well like Super and Me, Jane better. Also make sure that you shake up Phero Girl before applying, as many of it's richer elements are quite heavy and like to sink to the bottom of bottles/vials.

• 1 month later...

Another noob here :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

All this talk of pheromones is fascinating-the recipes you ladies concoct! T'is amazing. So, I've worn the phero enhanced Love Potion and Sexology, but I didn't really notice a reaction from people(although Love Potion is lovely scent, perfect for going into Spring, but I digress). I know from my reading here that the effect is really a subtle thing, and I think perhaps I'm just not getting anything from it for the same reason that love/lust spells don't really do much for me-I don't have the proper energy backing it up.

So. It seems that I need to take my experiments with pheros in another direction. Maybe what I should be looking for is a simple social lubricant-something to make people a little more receptive to me in an everyday sort of way. I'm thinking maybe Popularity Potion? Then maybe later something like Dominance or Swimming with Sharks for work? Anyone have suggestions for me?

Thanks much!

All this talk of pheromones is fascinating-the recipes you ladies concoct! T'is amazing. So, I've worn the phero enhanced Love Potion and Sexology, but I didn't really notice a reaction from people(although Love Potion is lovely scent, perfect for going into Spring, but I digress). I know from my reading here that the effect is really a subtle thing, and I think perhaps I'm just not getting anything from it for the same reason that love/lust spells don't really do much for me-I don't have the proper energy backing it up.

So. It seems that I need to take my experiments with pheros in another direction. Maybe what I should be looking for is a simple social lubricant-something to make people a little more receptive to me in an everyday sort of way. I'm thinking maybe Popularity Potion? Then maybe later something like Dominance or Swimming with Sharks for work? Anyone have suggestions for me?

Thanks much!

Dominance is GREAT for work.....I swear by it when I have some of my more "difficult" male clients. It puts them in their place, and makes them STAY there.

Drop your Guard is also very good.....although I have not used it in the Unscented form, I have used Synchronicity and like it very much. It makes everybody just feel "groovy" for lack of a better word.....

Treasured Hearts is another good one for use among friends and in social situations.....I call it the "spread the love" blend. Everybody who gets within range just LOVES you.....

Thanks much!

Hey Quinn, another noob here

I think you have it - hit looking overload (i was the same when i started with pheros - where are the hits am i doing something wrong do i need to apply more and etc) since we are new we are looking for the hits so the subleties at first passed me by - i think i was on hit alert so much it gave out a wierd vibe that actually repelled hits - it sent mixed signals to my target audience

Once i relaxed and was more myself - the social lubricant as you say (i love that phrase my have to coop it) and pushed the looking for hits more in the background i was able to notice them more (don't be surprised by a few weird episodes - a lady who was not so nice to me and never had any contact with me whatsoever one day kept hugging me, a man on the street told me "don't let him get in my pants" - who the him is i don't know and did not stick around to find out)

We just need to fine tune our antenna, happy hitting

Never ever be shy or afraid to ask Questions here or feel like you are a pest - keep asking, heck re ask the same question over and over if you wish - the ladies here on this board are amazingly nice and knowledgeable

PS kool avitar

Dominance is GREAT for work.....I swear by it when I have some of my more "difficult" male clients. It puts them in their place, and makes them STAY there.

Drop your Guard is also very good.....although I have not used it in the Unscented form, I have used Synchronicity and like it very much. It makes everybody just feel "groovy" for lack of a better word.....

Treasured Hearts is another good one for use among friends and in social situations.....I call it the "spread the love" blend. Everybody who gets within range just LOVES you.....

Thank you! I never would have thought of Treasured Hearts, but you make it sound wonderful. Drop Your Guard and Synchronicity sound great, too. I want to try Dominance(and boy, do I love your description of it), but I feel like I should probably use a light hand with that one-I'm told I can be intimidating. Don't know why. I've always thought of myself as being kinda timid.

knjsavy, thanks for the compliment on my avatar! And I think you're absolutely right. This forum does seem like a very friendly place!

I want to try Dominance(and boy, do I love your description of it), but I feel like I should probably use a light hand with that one-I'm told I can be intimidating. Don't know why. I've always thought of myself as being kinda timid.

If you get self-effects from pheros, the Dominance will help you with that! It puts me in my element........I am normally alpha as it is......but, this makes me really FEEL it on those days when I'm not feeling so much in-charge.......

The amber in the LP versions (original, black, red - 'love potions') are very low-key. I think it's a softer amber on whole. I have a variety of ambers, some that are very resinous, some that are reminiscent of soap on me that I have to blend with others, and the sugared one that's delicious. The amber used in the Love Potions (not all the scents but the ones with LP in their name) is what I would refer to as soft. I think it's always good to try samples, especially when they are only $5 and will last you a little while. Also, if you don't like a scent you can always swap the sample in the trading forum for another, so it's a good investment instead of going for the bottle right away. I sample all the scents before I buy them because there have been ones I thought I would love that I didn't and ones I didn't imagine myself liking that I loved. It's hard to tell just by the description what a scent is going to do on your skin.

Phero Girl is a wonderful scent - I had it and I have une which is the non-copulin version. It's a delicious honey aroma, very well blended, but then again, I'm a honey junkie.

Hi Ninjabug!

Pherogirl is a lovely scent, but the cops somewhat limit it's use in that they are intended for sexual attraction. There is so much more to pheros than that.

Something like Happy Water has alpha-androstenol in it, which will give both you and those around you a happy, upbeat feeling. Uncomplicated, smells good, and should let you see an identifiable result.

Drop Your Guard is one of my favorite mixes here - Dolly got it right - it's "groovy, baby"...a laid-back and contented vibe. It's in Synchronicity, if you can find a samp of that.

The phero-amped perfumes can be had in $5 samples, as starlitegirl said. Give a couple a go - if you don't like them, we'll take them off your hands in a trade for sure.

The unscented mixes all have a pleasant subtle aroma (as opposed to those from elsewhere I have tried that really truly stink...) and are great for using alongside any perfume of your choice. Descriptions are all pretty accurate to what you will experience, I think. That is a larger investment right off the top though, unless you can hitch on with someone doing a decant. You might want to start with some of the amped perfumes first.

Hits are a very subjective, subtle thing. It is almost like...an extension of your body language. Once you quit looking for a reaction from everyone in the room, you will begin to notice differences in the way people react to you - boom, HIT!

Have fun with it!