Karmiel's Silken Moonlight

ivy_fiddlefox

Alright I'll add mine, I asked for a blend of White Sugar, Vanilla, and Amber. I wanted to get something similar to Love Potion White, and Mara said she'd use the same vanilla that she used in that LP. 3 of my favorite scents wrapped into one! :angelstar-kaos058: I know this is gonna go great with suagred honeycomb too :lol:

Alright I'll add mine, I asked for a blend of White Sugar, Vanilla, and Amber. I wanted to get something similar to Love Potion White, and Mara said she'd use the same vanilla that she used in that LP. 3 of my favorite scents wrapped into one! :angelstar-kaos058: I know this is gonna go great with suagred honeycomb too :lol:

oh-la-la! that sounds yummy!

• 4 weeks later...

Mara...Danna....it's perfect!! It's so soft and comforting, I love how smooth and subtle it is. I'm sniffing my wrist right now and I can smell the vanilla and the amber rounds it out so nicely, and although I asked for even more white sugar to be added, it isn't overly sweet, it's just right. The bottle art is beautiful as well, great choice and a great name! I'm not too good at describing scents, but I'm definately getting another bottle, and I just picked this one up today :thumbdown:

Oh, Karmiel, thank you so much for the kind words! :waiting: I am glad that you are enjoying it! Thank you for your order!

Here's the label and notes for others who are interested. I am out of town until 12/1/08, but Danna is in the studio, filling orders in a dervish. I didn't have time to post the new Customs available before I left, but they're bottled, labeled, and ready to go out the door. More HERE.

AD-SilkenMoon.jpg

Karmiel's Silken Moonlight

White Amber, Powdered Sugar, white powdery Vanilla - similar feel to LP White

This scent sounds delicious!! Ah, I love the white fragrances.

Mara and Danna, you two pick out the most beautiful pictures.

This one is soft and powdery. I don't know how they managed to make it feel silky, sensuous and fluffy all at the same time - but they did. Very pretty and subtle. On me it dies down to a very subtle scent that demands you lean in closer to smell it. This will be perfect to wear on evenings where my husband and I stay in and snuggle on the floor while watching several movies.

• 6 months later...

Oh my this one is so soft, it smells like a baby (don't get me wrong, I don't mean it in a bad way) it's just that this smells so pure, so white, it's hard to describe, you just got to try it. Hell I'm considering if I want a bottle of this precious, I bet you the wearer will seem young with this perfume that's how pure it is.

It's very clean, smooth soft and powder-ish yet sweet. I love it!

Oh my this one is so soft, it smells like a baby (don't get me wrong, I don't mean it in a bad way) it's just that this smells so pure, so white, it's hard to describe, you just got to try it. Hell I'm considering if I want a bottle of this precious, I bet you the wearer will seem young with this perfume that's how pure it is.

It's very clean, smooth soft and powder-ish yet sweet. I love it!

Me too.....E

I checked the stock there are only 2 bottles left..... :kitty4:

I was gonna order both @ the sale...but will leave one for you....and if by chance I dont get any...I am going to have a PE made up very similar to this-maybe add a pinch of floral...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one...

Happy shopping @ the sale....

Mmm. I do like this one. Nice light amber. Sweet without being too sweet. Texturally soft. Powdery. Innocent. Nursery. Angel kisses.

Aww Fawn don't worry about it sweetie!

I've got so much on my shopping and wishlist, so you can go ahead if you want :D

• 9 months later...

This is beautiful, white & delicate like a gently scented breeze... The whole, amber, sugar, vanilla thing smells so nice on me. Alas, it is sold out :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On my skin, this turned out to be soft and fluffy and smells a little like LP Silver minus the flora scent. I'll probably keep my bottle to layer it with other scents. It'll definitely layer well with Sugared Honeycomb as mentioned above.

• 2 months later...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! LOVE!!! :J001:

I was doing shopping in Crabtree & Evelynn (my FAV place to go... LOVE the scents of their products- JOJOBA oilz nice... ) anywayz i was wishing there could be a "close" scent thatz similar to their products! Then i got the package from JOC today! Thankyou JOC!

Fell in love with it the moment i opened the Cap. Itz EXACTLY the scent that I ADORE!! Musky and sweet~~ and powdery!

It has a very STRONG distinct vanilla aroma which gave my sister a headache... BUT when it dries down... there's a Bright subtle Sweetness almost like a bright version of baby powder? GAAAA... I LOVEEEEEE!!

I thought i can't do amber but then when i looked up the list... there's white amber?? Is there a big difference between the amber here and the amber in LP red??

there's white amber?? Is there a big difference between the amber here and the amber in LP red??

First..I am happy you found one you love so,and trust me, there will be Many :lol:

As far as your question,I would not know one amber from another,if they chose sides HAH...sooo,you might want to ask this in the Questions for Mystical Mara area,if no one sees this after awhile :D

• 2 weeks later...
I thought i can't do amber but then when i looked up the list... there's white amber?? Is there a big difference between the amber here and the amber in LP red??

Yes. I believe it's actually supposed to be an amber which is similar to the one in LP White.

I thought I had posted a review of this one too...clearly my mind is going.

This really doesn't remind me too much of LP White even as it was brewed to be somewhat similar, but it's a sweet subtle vanilla dusting powder on me, one of those sheer scents which I know a lot of people really love. LP White is more of a sheer version of the LP base, a gauzy scarf kind of scent, but it doesn't really go as powdery on me like KSM does.

It's just white amber, vanilla, and powdered sugar as far as I know. I don't think there's any kind of citrus or fruitness in it at all, and it certainly doesn't smell that way to me.

I thought there was a tangy background in KSM and that was what turned me off when combined with vanilla.

I actually get a bit of that too!! Like there a rather sharp note in the potion!! And i thought it was something to do with the vanilla! Please correct me if i'm wrong!! I'm trying to find out what it is thatz making that rather sharp note!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is such a comfortable scent to wear.... I just woke up and suddenly wanted to try out whether this is the winter scent for me :Hug_emoticon:

Now i have it on and i wanna go back to sleep again! :lol: This is so lovely :Hug_emoticon: Im so impressed with how little i need to put on to smell this!!! :)

Edited by bumbob

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just smelling this from the bottle it's smooth, light, sweet and perfectly blended. Why did I wait so long?

added 6/29/12: This smells like the base of Lady Frost! very nice

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 4 months later...

i thought this would be kind of foody, just looking at the notes, but this is a sheer, elegant perfumey fragrance. I felt like I was gliding around today. The amber dominates just slightly, but that's okay; I loooooooooooooove what it does on my skin. It's got the perfect amount of sweetness. And even though it's sheer, it lasted all day long on me, right up to my shower. I'm glad I got to try this!

• 3 months later...

I just got a bottle of this, so yay! It smells powdery and sugary, with a smidge of amber. I'm using it as a topper for Tabby w/Dominance to sweeten it up a bit.

It's not really foodie. It is definitely elegant, slightly sophisticated, light, and sweet. I'm guessing a good all-day perfume, good to put in one's purse.

I'm going to have to try this a few more times to make sure there's not that overly-powder dry down on me Molls mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Just an update:

So far, this is my favorite restful help-me-sleep scent. Sometimes I'll wake up and want to sleep in and feel sexy and hedonistic about sleeping in, and that's when I wearing Red Lace or Velvet kisses. This is more my, need to feel calm, cool, collected. Imagine crisp yet super soft white hotel sheets, a balcony door open with white wispy curtains billowing gently, and a really simple yet sophisticated nightie and robe. There's the saying of the world being your oyster, but this perfume makes me feel like my bed, or really this perfume, is my oyster, and I'm the pearl.

Yeah it wasn't until I read it that I looked at the label again and was like, "d'oh, no wonder I'm thinking of a sophisticated nightie, it's on the label!"