Flower and Flame

Maxine of Arc

AD-FlowerFlame.jpg

Flower & Flame

Fiery south-of-the-border Spices teamed with deeply sensuous, rarified Florals, unsweetened Xocoatl and Arabica, deep Woods and Musk. Fabulous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MEXICAN SPICES ~ Good fortune, prosperity, love, lust, protection, fidelity, exorcism.
XOCOATL ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
ARABICA ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
WOODS ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, hex-breaking, money, luck, enhances perception of beauty.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator, powerfully "magnetic" for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
GOLDEN MEXICAN FLOWER BOUQUET ~ Mood elevation, improves interactions with others, self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful love attractant.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was intrigued for this one, both because of the thread where Vivica described her idea and because of the notation on the sold-out list that if you liked Everything Nice (my favorite!) then you might like Flower and Flame. It's very spicy, with maybe some interesting uncommon spice notes- cumin? coriander? Not sure. There's a woody base, I think, and exotic florals I'm hard pressed to identify. Very unusual and complex, definitely worth a try.

Flower and Flame didn't work for me. I am more of a sweet scent person. It never really developed into anything. I am not sure what the overpowering smell on me was.

I definitely get a cumin-type scent from this one, riding on top of the florals.....it is very unusual, and will be nice as an occassional change.....I'll be keeping my sample of this.....I think it will age well....

Edited by Dolly

In the bottle: Chili powder, with a touch of cumin. Under that, is a sweetness, akin to Everything Nice's brown sugars.

On, wet: The sweet note is almost completely covered by the chili/cumin blend. It shows up periodically as a tantilizing promise of things to come, but most of the time I can't smell it at all. I'm also not picking up any florals at this point. It really is almost all a dry chili powder scent.

Drydown: I'm not sure what that is, some kind of musky skin scent has appeared, strong enough to match the chili, but not overshadow it. It's a dusky skin musk, sweaty, slightly sweet, and ripe with sensuality. If I met someone who smelled like this, I would think of sex, but as I'm alone, sniffing myself, it just smells foreign.

With my pasty whiteness, this scent just doesn't work for me. It doesn't smell like me, and since I don't have the memories of tangling in the bedsheets with a Latin or Indian lover, I don't really need to smell like I have.

Scourger - you made me spill my tea. But I get where you're going. This would be exactly how you might expect a raven-haired, dark-skinned beauty to smell...

Cumin smells like human sweat to me, so I imagine it will blend beautifully given some time to mature. I'm going to try it again in a couple of months after it ages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just tput this on. First off I notice something chocolate but it's not strong at all, now it smells like dead man's float (sarsaparilla I guess)with some chili powder underneath.Can't say it really reminds me of Everything Nice, not at all really. It's interesting but not quite as I was expecting. I'll see how it dries down and get back to you.

OK it's starting to smell spicier now.Ooh wow it is making my nose tickle when I sniff it, like chili powder, but not in a headachey way.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 8 years later...

A friend of mine gave me a trial vial a while back, I just found it this afternoon while rummaging through one of my perfume drawers. I love it when I end up with vintage samples!

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/FlowerFlame/

I actually enjoy spicy scents even if sometimes they don't work with my chemistry because of how I amp some spice notes. What I get out of this primarily is the spices and chocolate and the weight of the musk underneath. I think that the spices would overpower the other notes anyway when it comes to my nose. The same thing happens with Voodoo Fondue eventually. But I like this one, I think if I had a trial vial back when it was available I might have snagged a bottle just because.