CRIMSON BLACK

Dolly

AD-CrimsonBlack.jpg

Crimson Black

Red Resins, for purification and blood; Leather from Russia that lines her skin; the blackest roses left on her grave; far eastern spices that she stirred in her tea; Vampire musk and blood red fruit. Dark, sexy, slightly wicked, musky and thick, the vampire in you can come out to play! Crafted of all the things that keep one young, beautiful, sexy and slightly wicked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VAMPIRE MUSK ~ Self- confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
RED RESINS ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients, love, protection, exorcism, potency.
BLACK ROSES ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
RED FRUITS ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
VANILLA CREME ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing, Goddess energy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got my package today! YAY!!!

Crimson Black is one that I ordered a full size of, completely unsniffed, because it just sounded so much like my kind of scent. And, it didn't disappoint me. Wet, I get the fruitiness, with some musk in the background. Then, the rose comes out. But, it's not a prissy little dainty rose. It is a big hefty DEEEEEEEEP rose. The rose stuck with me pretty strong for about an hour, then it started to mellow a bit, allowing the leather and musk to peek through a little bit. The fruits kind of pop in and out every now and then. I don't get much resinousness RIGHT NOW, but I think that this one is one of those that will probably deepen with age.

It is a darker scent, but it is really unlike anything else that I currently have in my arsenal. I think that even the ladies who don't care so much for dark scents would like this one. My man even likes it......

GOOD JOB!!

I got this one in a full bottle too. How odd! :001_302: I agree with your write up, Dolly. I put this one on a special wrist spot while I was madly trying on all the others. I keep getting whiffs of it...mmmm. I am so glad I went ahead and ordered this baby before I smelled it.

Is this...red musk and coffee? I feel like there are some crossover notes from Nasty Habits and maybe Dark/Honeyed Seductions, but the coffee is the only note I can smell for sure. It's the most prominent, like sugared coffee musk with some kind of floral overlaying it.

I...am going to come back to this. I think something's interfering with the scent. (Must be, right?)

Edited by cinderfallen

Do ya think it does her justice?

AD-CrimsonBlack.jpg

I think so! You did a good job!

I like Crimson Black too. I'm going to have to get a full sized bottle of it. In fact that's why I'm here now, to do some shopping. I also have Blood Martini and have tried them both together. The combo is awesome. The rasberry in Blood Martini mellows out the roses in Crimson Black and everything is in harmony together.

IMO though I think that CB is a great scent all by itself. It has depth to it.

This one is wonderfully blended. I was not sure that the leather would work on me. The last two that I have tried with this note did not work with my chemistry. The musks and resins are perfectly dark and the roses are really mild on me. The leather gives just a hint of bite and the fruit is a sweet reminder that there is more to this than there appears to be. The notes merge together perfectly and the dry down is a soft secret whisper to come closer. Come on, lean in for the bite!

• 2 weeks later...

When I opened my package a weeek ago this is one of the scents that totalyl drew me. Today (after waiting for my body to get over my LP new scent oversdose) I have tried it again.

This is a lovely scent. It is super fruity on me with a darker musk that isnt over powering. The fruity scent I get is sweetened by anice flowery scent (not overly flowerly, it just adds a depth of warm sweeteness, not syrupy). I think this is a scent that needs to be shaken as I am finding the scents seperate if not shaken but when shaken they all meld together nicely.

So after thoroughly enjoying this scent and being amazed at the depth and body of the smell I am NOT going to get a full bottle. The reason is I dont find it mixes with my personality. (That is the best way I can say it).

I will defiently keep my tester and see how this one ages, and prolly use it at some point, ooh this would be great in a bath. But I am finding that Crimson Black is a litle too mature for me to use regularly. It is lovely but a lil too full bodied for a youngin like me :)

Well done on this one though, AMAZING!

Oh and I think I will have to try this with Blood Martini, I am curious of how it will blend. Good recommendation Countess!

EDITED TO ADD: I figured out why I find this to be a mature scent. It reminds me of a scent that would smell great on my mother. I may have to slip this in her stocking or get her a tester :)

Edited by Curiouschic

• 2 weeks later...

This one strikes me as very much like Blood Martini, but with added floral. The red fruits are the most prevalent element in the wet stage, and then on my skin the rose and the resins merge wonderfully on a bed of dark musk. I don't really get the vanilla so much as just a suggestion of sweetness and I'm sad I'm not really sensing the Russian Leather (which I love) but hopefully with aging it may emerge. Yet another wonderful deep dark scent!

This one strikes me as very much like Blood Martini, but with added floral. The red fruits are the most prevalent element in the wet stage, and then on my skin the rose and the resins merge wonderfully on a bed of dark musk. I don't really get the vanilla so much as just a suggestion of sweetness and I'm sad I'm not really sensing the Russian Leather (which I love) but hopefully with aging it may emerge. Yet another wonderful deep dark scent!

I had that impression at first too, but then I put Blood Martini on one side and Crimson Black on the other.....it was then that I really was able to distinguish the two.....sometimes with me and my nose, that is the only way I can pick up on the subtle differences....

• 1 month later...

This is awesome, deep fruits with vanilla and cream that settles into a warm muskyness. i don't get too much of the leather - it blends in well and gives all the other scents a nice bottom.

i just wish it had a farther throw, so glad the ladies generously sent me a bottle of this

i don't have blood martini so i wonder what other scents it will go well with.

• 8 months later...

K. First off I love the concept of this and the label art-aces high right off the bat for THAT!

Danna I adore this as another Vamp scent as well. I can picture this scent being the frqagreance of the very lady on my bottle.

At first-Black Leather-and lots of of it-sortod a domanatrix leather that you cant take away. Heavy-heady, I love leather, and I love it here. Theres also a ripe red fruit thing kickin, it takes a second hand to that leather and blends very nicely(if you can call such as badass scent "nice"), all told..

As time passes that lovely leather note stays and the fruit backs off a bit, leaving room room for the 'Vampire Musk"(which to my nose Sg, is is a more resiny dragons blood-which I like as opposed to the cherry type-blended with a dark musk.)

Not getting much Vanilla Creme here, on my skin, the leather and berryish resin fruit overcomes all--this is perfect and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Another perfect peice from our Sinister One! Well done my friend! Thanks! :lol:

Softer and more feminine than I expected. This is a softer musk than I thought, it is a great night on the town scent.

I agree here and with Cheesy's review... I recently got this one in a swap and it is nice and sexy...never would have thought that I would be interested in this one...kept hearing word about it and decided to go for it and try it...I like it alot....very very sexy, but to me it is not overly dominatrix so to speak. it is more feminine that I imagined it would be...

cheesy, I do get the leather and I like it... I like the leather scents, prolly why I adore Down and Dirty for women. I get a lil bit of fruit which isn't overwhelming and fades to the background pretty quick. But I am liking the leather in here.

be blessed -djac

• 2 months later...

I knew this was right up my alley just from the label art and description alone--how can I pass up anything having to do with vampires? (er, except for Twilight) It's fruity, creamy, rosy, leathery, and musky all at once, a very dangerously delicious scent. I get the fruit and vanilla at first, which deepens to dark velvety roses, and the leather and musk finally come out and give it that gorgeous sinister touch. So glad I got a bottle from the get-go. Love!

:666:

• 3 months later...

I am not sure how to describe this one. I get a sort of slight floral scent with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I layered this over OCCO Ambrosia and I have to say that I smell amazing! The sweetness of Ambrosia has mixed nicely with the rose, leather and musk that is in this. To me Ambrosia is all come hither and let's get naked together...there might even be chocolate involved and Crimson Black is very dark and dangerous.

Together, the dark and dangerous is more tempting. "Yes, I bite...but you'll like it."