Sugared Magi

liz

as you all know I'm not good at LP reviewing or describing what it is that I love about it, but I just need to say..... I REALLY LOVE this one :cry: !! and I'll be ordering a full sz bottle, Merry Christmas to ME (again) !!!

(and full sz btl of"Wildflower", "custom blend" blended w/pheros, and some oils from NA, blah, blah, blah, bl....I swallowed my gum :cry: )

Edited by liz

I'm very pleasantly surprised by Sugared Magi. I was leery since myrrh notes tend to amp and go very sharp and headachey on me, and resins tend to go dry and powdery, but that isn't the case here at all. It's much lighter and more wearable than I expected, and would make a lovely holiday room scent.

I don't know what else to say but YUM! The fig comes out on top and the frankincense and myrrh are beautifully blended.

Oh yes, this one is totally delicious! Out of several samples that I put on in various sniffee spots, this is the one that I could NOT stop sniffing!

With this one, the fig is all up in my business. Whew! What an interesting, fantastic blend. Quite delicious, if I do say so myself. Ah, I love myrrh and frankencense. I feel like I'm in a holy place eating figs. ^_^

I knew you'd like it SB. ^_^

With this one, the fig is all up in my business.

I love the way you put that! It was the same way on me.....but that's ok, because I like having fig all up in my business! LOL

I'm very pleasantly surprised by Sugared Magi. I was leery since myrrh notes tend to amp and go very sharp and headachey on me, and resins tend to go dry and powdery, but that isn't the case here at all. It's much lighter and more wearable than I expected, and would make a lovely holiday room scent.

Ok I have to agree with you on this one. THis scent totally surprised me. I was not expecting ejoy this one. In fact I wasnt going to even try it, but just put it to my trade list. I am soooo glad I did. I figured I'd give it a shot as it is a sugared scent and I do enjoy trying them.

Oh yes, this one is totally delicious! Out of several samples that I put on in various sniffee spots, this is the one that I could NOT stop sniffing!

WOW THIS ONE IS DELICIOUS!!! Its warm and comforting. I can see how this is a christmas scent but I think it is SOOO much more than just this season.

MMMMMM!!!

I definetly say this one is a MUST to try. The scent notes are ones that I do not like, nor would ever think I would like or wear, BUT I LOVE IT! So do test this one if you are on the fence, you wont be disapointed.

I was holding out on buying more LP full bottles, but I must have one of this, onto my wishlist!

This started out very nice and bright, if more astringent than I was expecting, but after 1 hour it turned to laundry soap...I don't know which element turned on me, but I can't believe it! I'm so disappointed!

I'll try it again another day, but I fear my skin refuses this one.

• 2 weeks later...
This started out very nice and bright, if more astringent than I was expecting, but after 1 hour it turned to laundry soap...I don't know which element turned on me, but I can't believe it! I'm so disappointed!

I'll try it again another day, but I fear my skin refuses this one.

Once again we mirror each other. in the vial i liked this one - it was sweet incense with a nice calming feel, on i got a playdoh scent that got stronger, stronger and stronger - this goes in the try again later pile - and i so wanted to like this

• 2 weeks later...

Sugared Magi

In bottle: Sugared Frank ‘n Myrrh with greenish sweet fig.

On skin: ooh, this is lovely. It smells very similar to Sugared Frank & Myrrh but with the sweet, syrupy brown figs of Holle! I love resins and I love it when fig scents are sweet and dark, and this has both those elements. There is a hint of sharp-ish green to the fig, but it’s not bad at all. For now the resins are smelling a little bit pine-y and sugar dominated, but if this is like F&M, I know they’ll eventually mellow into a glorious smoky incense, and the fig will sweeten too. As the scent dries…the fig actually turns a little sharper? Not sure what’s up with that. It’s also the dominant note, I don’t smell as much of the resins as I expected, they seem to be background players in this scent (but the myrrh does develop lovely candle-wax nuances) and the sugar/fig seems to waver between smelling pleasant and smelling a little strange on me. thankfully the resins are very nice here. The scent swings between sugar and figs with the resins in the background. Then the scent changes yet again and becomes really lovely-a soft sweet musky fig scent with a powdery cosy feel, much sweeter than before, fig dusted with incense ashes. Now the fig is like Holle, sweet and sugary and soft, but this time, more golden, very indulgent and luxurious, I get a visual of an ancient queen feasting on honeyed figs from a bowl of solid gold. I really like it but I’m not sure if it’s love yet. I do prefer Sugared F&M, and Holle, but I have a feeling this is one that needs to age. Resins always get better with age, so I think this is what will happen with this scent.

• 1 month later...

I was so intrigued to try this one, hoped it wouldn't sell out before I had a chance to. What surprises me most is the green evocation in the vial. I get a pine-like impression. But as it dries down on me it's so soft, which also surprises me as frank n'myrrh tend to be OMGINCENSE! on my skin. This is sort of like smelling a wooden box which once held figs and retains a soft spicy/resinous quality. The sugar really makes it so snuggly...I think I'll be wearing this to bed now and again.

• 2 years later...

Forgive my dredging up such an old thread but, well, tis the season: this is quite the enigma: like curiouschic, "The scent notes are ones that I do not like, nor would ever think I would like or wear"...although I like fig in Carolyn's VAF, it's so iffy on me otherwise...and I hate resins...but this is so beloved and it being the season I gave it a shot, and it's unbelievably lovely...so smooth and powdery and sweeeet. If I hadn't known the notes, I don't think I'd have been able to pick out anything but sweetness. Sigh, another for the hopeless-pining list :)

Edited by tyvey

Not as resin-y to me. More like green fig with the frank n'myrrh lending a sort of woody impression.

ahhh....love the fig.

Inspired to wear something with fig in it.

This is a scent my SO would like in spite of the frank+myrrh then, since he doesnt dig the resins as much as I do.

I hope if anything like this one comes back, I get a hint of that pine you mentioned.

Might be a chemistry thing, or aging, or both, but I got so little resins from this that two separate people who smelled it on me thought it smelled like ginger cookies!! Just proves how powerfully allusive scent is-- I'm guessing it triggered "Christmas" to them which their brains interpreted as ginger cookies...