Sogni Incantati

cinderfallen

AD-SogniIncantati.jpg

Sogni Incantati

A spell for summoning enchanted dreams, crafted of Marshmallow, soothing Vanilla and a hint of Anisette!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MARSHMALLOW ~ Psychic awareness, protection, creation.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, nurturing, soothing.
ANISETTE ~ Wards away nightmares, protective, happiness, youthfulness, psychic powers, calming, soothing, meditation.
SUGAR ~ Wishes granted, magical fairy lure, attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches.
BENZOIN ~ Astral projection.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought that anisette would smell like licorice--but not at all! This scent smells like something you should drink. A rich, a little alcoholic vanilla ice cream, with little flecks of vanilla bean dotting it. Delicious.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The marshmallow is definitely there when wet. The vanilla is really warming and nice. This scent is very comforting and will make a yummy night time or bath scent! It dries down to soft, subtle and warm. Very nice. I will be getting a bottle to add to my arsenal of bedtime scents.

Hi Danna can you hold a Sogni Incantati for me until my sample that was missing gets here? I have a feeling I will love this one,but I want to smell it first and as you said, its already on low stock ^_^

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch!

I was going to order a trial size of this today, but it seems like if I did, I still might not get to get a bottle because it would be sold out by the time I had a chance to test it. Sees like some scents just go fast! The scents here are just that good!

Yep, I'm in that boat w/you...hoping *some* of the new releases will still be available when my sample package arrives...(prolly after the holiday...). But, there's *always* good stuff coming!

The marshmallow is definitely there when wet. The vanilla is really warming and nice. This scent is very comforting and will make a yummy night time or bath scent! It dries down to soft, subtle and warm. Very nice.

I agree.....very marshmallow-y at first.....kind of like when you open a bag for a roast....yummy! Then I get the vanilla......mmmmmm.....I really like this one......

I feel like falling in love all over again. This is a wonderful scent for all ages. Smells like warm baked goods. I can’t stop sniffing my arm……..J I am addicted to sugared honeycomb, but sogni incantati may be my new favorite scent. The scent makes your feel special, and sweet. I haven’t slept with the scent yet so I’m not too sure about the enchanting dreams, but I can honestly say that this scent puts me in a positive happy live-forever mood. It’s sweet, but not to sweet, you can definitely smell the marshmallows. I’m 26 and I feel like a little princess in a white gown filled with diamonds and gems. Please make this a permanent scent. I will have to buy a full bottle soon. :):)

I am constantly back and forth on this scent. IT is such a rich scent that is sooo sweet. It reminds me of marshmallow and vanilla. Very syrupy, I like it but am not sure if it is too sweet at times. I think it will be a fun layering scent.

If you love xtra sweet vanilla ish scents, do try, if it doesnt sell out before you can!! :)

In the vial this is a wonderfully fluffy blend of vanilla and marshmallow, but on my skin the benzoin rebels big time. It's the same reaction as with Super for Women and I'm convinced Dead Man's Float has benzoin in it as well because it does the same thing. *sigh*

However, I am going to test it tonight...I could use a nice enchanted dream or two. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Time to review. This is very yummy and vanilla bean ice creamy. Sweet and soft marshmallows.I also thought the aniseette was something like anise but nope. At least it doesn't smell like it. I don't really notice a big change of dreams.It might be helping me remember them better but I'm not sure... Although I did have a dream the other night with marshmallows in it... lol

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet creamy marshmellows - but the scent quicky disappears on me - the same thing happened with EGG

I am going to give this another try b/c i want to love it and get a bottle before it is gone if it not gone already

I scored a vial of this in trade, not sure how I'd like it because Anisette didn't go well with my chemistry in Marley's Ghost. BUT Sogni Incantati was really wonderful on me. Creamy, sweet and a little hint of licorice that actually resembled a strangely spiced booze or at least that's the best I can describe it, but I really liked it, though I don't know that it would be a sleep time scent for me. I ended up going for a bottle of it.

Hey does anyone ever try applying non scented lotion to moisturize their skin before applying perfume? I haven't' yet but maybe it would keep the skin from being so dry and sucking light perfumes like these all up....or maybe it would interfere with the scent.

I have, and it seems to make them last longer on the skin for me. I also have a few small unscented bottles that I have just added an entire sample to and mixed up. They are perfect. My favorite mix is a small container of cocoa butter body butter from the body shop (the small containers, not the big ones) and a sample of LP 11. mixed well with a butter knife. Love it.

Living up here in the great white north, I go through a lot of lotions and creams in the winter.

Hey does anyone ever try applying non scented lotion to moisturize their skin before applying perfume? I haven't' yet but maybe it would keep the skin from being so dry and sucking light perfumes like these all up....or maybe it would interfere with the scent.

I have an order of CPS on the way (1oz from here - can be found and the bottom of the phero page) because it's supposed to help scents last longer and minimize absorption as well as keep them close to bottle scent. I can't wait to try it and see how it works.

I'm so glad I went "full bottle" on this one...it's soft, comforting and yummy! I get mostly the "clean" vanilla off of this, and only after an hour or so does the Anise come through in a gentle way. The buttery base to it also comes out after some time has passed...I'm thinking if I put a light vanilla lotion on first (got to be a non-foody one out there?) it will help this scent project and last. Meanwhile I'm happily slathering...yum! I probably should not wear it on a day that I'm sleepy at work, cuz all I can think of is being home, in PJ's and curled up w/a book.

I was a bit skeptical because of the anisette as well, but it's just the right amount, I love it and bought a full sz btl too.

• 1 month later...

Sogni Incantati

In vial: marshmallows and vanilla beans!

On skin: I don’t smell much anise, but I do smell lots of creamy vanilla, fluffy marshmallows and white sugar! A little bit of something like almond as well. This is delicious! It smells fluffy and soft and incredibly endearing. Gourmand but not cloying. It reminds me strongly of a body scrub I have, which is marshmallow scented and full of real vanilla seeds, little dots of black in a creamy scrub. It smells of vanilla marshmallows. And not too dissimilar to this scent. though this does seem to go a tiny, tiny bit plastic on the skin, it’s not too bad. This plastic phase does fade after ten minutes and then whoa! The throw increases! A little cloud of vanilla marshmallow loveliness wafts all around me. It’s pure vanilla and marshmallows now. It reminds me more of that scrub, which is a good thing because now I have something to layer it with. This is a cosy, comforting fragrance which I could definitely fall asleep and dream happy dreams with…I’ll need to try that out.

• 3 years later...

Ahhh thanks for finding this thread...wore this to bed the other night and that is exactly how it is on me too,maybe a tad more licorice,which for some strange reason my brain was trying to turn to Lavendar :huh: ...very soothing and relaxing :)

my btl of the 1st brew has aged beautifully, marshmallow-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...mmmm

can't wait till the rebrew gets to that stage

Much like Liz, I love the way the original version has aged, it's so soft and delicious. With the new brew, the wet stage is a bit dodgy because the benzoin is very pointy on me, but it dries down into a fluffy pillow which I do like, it's very soothing.

Just wet, I get clouds of marshmallow, then the licorice comes out, really lovely. Unfortunately benzoin is almost always a death note on me so the dry down period is really tough for me. I am going to try to wait it out, but this might be the only time I wear it.

I love the re-brew of Sogni. To me it's pretty much identical to the first brew. I get the same creamy, fluffy vanilla marshmallow with just the slightest hint of aniseed in the background. I haven't compared the two next to oneanother yet though.

The re-brew seems to burn off a bit quicker than the original, though it may just have been because I tried it after gettibg home from work after spending the whole day in theatre so my hands & arms were stripped off all natural oils from all the washing.

I'll re-test again with more moisturizers on board & comparing to the original :)

I didn't like it on wet. It was sharp and nose piercing to me. An hour after dry down, it mellowed down a lot and the licorice in the foreground. I'll need to test it out on my body tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little while ago I finished off my entire bottle of the original. I reached for it * a lot*, especially at night. Summer nights, winter nights, autumn nights . . . So comforting and cozy, and the scent remained true to the last drop.

I'll give anything that has sleep enhancing properties a try, even with anise (not keen). This does smell to me a little like marshmallow, but a LOT like those 6'' hollow liquorice sticks full of coloured sugar and sealed with a blob of coloured icing. I stop smelling this fairly quickly for some reason. I do feel it makes me go sleepy.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried this last night. I wasn't sure what to expect from a perfume with licorice in it. I'm not that keen on anything licorice/anise scented or flavoured, so I didn't expect to like it. But I really, really did. I think the marshmallow acted as a cushion to what I perceive as the sharp licorice edges. As I was reading in bed, I kept smelling this soft, sweet aroma, and I couldn't figure out what it was for the longest time. It wasn't overpowering, but it seemed to envelop m, and I can't really believe that it took me so long to realize that it was the Sogni Incantati that I'd applied to my wrists and throat a few hours before, after my bath. And given that I have issues getting to sleep, I might even have to say that this blend helped me relax quite a bit, because once I put my book down, I was OUT. BF was up this morning before I was, and that NEVER happens, so I guess it might have helped me actually stay asleep, too. And that is a miracle. And a blessing. Going to wear this again tonight. I like bedtime perfume.