Marcy Goldman's Wheat Siren

sultry brunette

AD-WheatSiren_sm.jpg

Wheat Siren

Wheat Siren combines the scents of Autumn Harvest with the heady aromas produced by the expert Wheat Siren in her kitchen. The way to a man's heart? Flour and Flowers, and kisses of Honey & Spice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WHEAT ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness, fertility, money.
OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
HONEYCOMB ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion, intensifies love spells and success spells, love, money, success, power, increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a nice floral. The flour adds a nice powdery base. It has a darker sweetness, which must be either brown sugar or honey. I can also smell a hint of either nutmeg or clove. I think that there might be a hint of daffodil or some greener type floral in here as well.

Maybe people haven't been shaking their sample vials? For me, this one is very foody.

In the bottle: A grain, almost oat-like, with sticky sweetness, and a hint of something juicy, like wet raisins.

On, wet: vanilla and grains, with bright, juicy currants. Very quickly, the currants take over, and the rest is just a sweet background for them.

Drydown: the currants settle in, and a honey note comes forth, drizzled across the cake which the grains and other sweet things have become.

Not my type of scent. I may be bending more and more on my non-foody stance, but I still don't want to smell like cake.

Wow interesting how differently this one is interpreted by different people!

This one was a close cousin to my beloved Hathor, at least on my skin.

Wet I was not at all thrilled - almost fruitcakey. Too fruity and sharp. But after about 1/2 hour, I began to get the rich sweetness of grains. By the end of the evening, I was huffing my arm and feeling the need to pull out my Hathor to compare. Yup, cousins.

Wheat Siren stays on my radar...will try again in a few weeks to see how she matures.

I wore this this long weekend while I was baking bread and making cheese - Yummy Holiday Presents in Process! I thought it would be a perfect ode to giving thanks for the bounty of the holidays.

This time I got the lilies...it was very floral at first. Then after a time it settled to that warm golden goodness. I wouldn't say it was exactly "foody", & I don't usually like to smell like food, per se. DH thought I smelled wonderful.

This is very yummy. I really like natural organic scents and this one is fantastic. I can smell the grains and the honey blends them all perfectly. This is what I had wished heartland smelled liked. This will be a big bottle purchase for me.

• 1 month later...

This was not as foody as i thought it would it be

It is warm doughy bread with light caramel and a hint of cloves? This has the clean hay scent i like - fresh hay drying in the sun with a bit of spice, fruit and honey - delicious

So glad i got a sample to test - this goes on the big bottle list

Never gave this one a try, giving it a testing right now. Not good at describing, but so far I like it, reminds me of something I've tried/experienced before, can't put me finger on it. Hmmm.... something orange-y, but not citrus, gotta read description again :Hug_emoticon: . Don't laugh.

AHA ! Orange Blossoms ! it's fading a bit, now I'm getting Clove/Honey.

24 mins later....Wheat !

Edited by liz

This is so different on everyone...I love it. I finally tried it tonight and got soft spices for the first 1/2 hour which finally opened up to the floury goodness behind it. Flowers? I got none of those! Just spicy baked goodness. mmmm new comfort scent w/ a pair of flannel pj's and a cup of tea.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

This is quite foody to me, not very floral. I get oats and honey, it's like porridge. On drydown it takes on a "cooler" feel, if that makes sense - perhaps it is the florals peeking through. It does have go a little perfume-y on me, but I still like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I cannot express what I am smelling in notes, I can only express myself in images or feelings I get.. with that being said. Let me tell you how wonderful and womanly this makes me feel. Wheat Siren to me feels like I am a beautiful maiden chef working in the castle of a powerful Lord somewhere in Scotland or England, wherever those fancy hunky highlander lords live.

It makes me feel like I am a diamond in the wheat.. Like I am a misplaced gem, a jewel, that has the powers of seducing men with her pastries and cakes ~ I feel like I am in a castle somewhere baking, the windows are open, or the tapestries are, it's warm and there's a breeze. The breeze sweeps in the smell of the rose garden that sits outside my kitchen or where the hearth is, and I am wearing a cream lacy dress with cleavage and tits the size of watermelons, they have to be this way because they are plumped up and have flour on them. There I am baking, hair cascading down in raven colored ringlets adorned in baby's breath, and the Laird of the castle comes in seduced by my pie,(s) and , he is salivating, he is enchanted with me, my pie, the smell of roses and baby's breath, the flour smeared across my bosoms, and face.. I know what he is thinking, He wants to give me a facial and smear something else on my chest and cheek.. I know this because I baked with this intent. I know he wants to knead me, the way I knead dough.. I know because I am an enchantress, I am the Wheat Siren.

That's the feeling I get from this, it's really beautiful and sexy on me, with florals in the background that don't pierce or overwhelm. It also makes me feel like a seductress, like time travel or something. I feel so very special and womanly when I wear this, like someone from centuries ago. This is a very special one indeed.

I really love this!

Wow ladyv! I love your review. Never gave wheat siren a second thought, now I'm curious to sample this one!

I never gave my sniffee a second thought until this year, but wowza! I'm not normally into this type of foodie, but the guys seem to adore me when I wear it. Seriously, this scent needs no help from pheromones. Anyway, I have been meaning to get a full bottle of this.

Edited by Beccah

Its not what I expected at all. This was a big surprise for me and the BF loved it.

I think he pictured me making pie like a meideval wench, because he did a braveheart impression and wanted me to play along.

I didn't , then he did Sean Connery and I told him to stop talking.

• 4 weeks later...

Its not what I expected at all. This was a big surprise for me and the BF loved it.

I think he pictured me making pie like a meideval wench, because he did a braveheart impression and wanted me to play along.

I didn't , then he did Sean Connery and I told him to stop talking.

Yeah, it is crazy how much of an effect this has on the gents for sure, even my crab ass SO.

• 7 months later...

I'm going to have to get a sample of this. From the list of notes it sounds just like what I would want to wear. But then the reviews mention cloves, currants, lilies etc. which aren't listed and I don't see anything that is close to these at all. Going to satisfy my curiosity by trying it soon.

I like the smell of oats and oat-scented lotions (archipelago has one that I adore) so I've been keeping my eye on this as a potential.

• 4 months later...

This smells a little like Hathor with a little spice in the background. It's a very comforting and cozy scent to me. I can't pick out the individual ingredients. I might have to try this at bedtime.

• 1 month later...

I'm not quite sure if this is my type of scent. There's definitely something spicy about it initially. I would say with a twinge of greenness. Perhaps that's the wheat and oats combining with the ginger. And after that it softens to a sweet honey, which I enjoy, but the opening sharpness and intensity make me want to back down from this one. We'll see how it does on a re-test though.

I'm not quite sure if this is my type of scent. There's definitely something spicy about it initially. I would say with a twinge of greenness. Perhaps that's the wheat and oats combining with the ginger. And after that it softens to a sweet honey, which I enjoy, but the opening sharpness and intensity make me want to back down from this one. We'll see how it does on a re-test though.

I think your bottle might have travel shock. I'd let it sit for a week & try again.

I need to retry this. I tried it a couple of times and while I liked the wheat part, that was actually a small role compared to the rest which reminded me of some small perfumes I got from Saudi Arabia as a kid--a bit too perfumey in a really old-fashioned way--kinda floral which surprised me. But I'll give it another go.

I think your bottle might have travel shock. I'd let it sit for a week & try again.

You know, I'm sure you must be right. I hadn't taken travel shock into account at all, and being so new, I've been letting things sit, but only for a day or two. I hadn't even considered that a week might be a more comfortable time period for a scent. Thanks, Beccah!

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I'm sure you must be right. I hadn't taken travel shock into account at all, and being so new, I've been letting things sit, but only for a day or two. I hadn't even considered that a week might be a more comfortable time period for a scent. Thanks, Beccah!

Just wait, soon enough you'll have so many bottles that you'll be lucky if you can get to the new ones sooner than a month, at least! ;)

This is a nice soft floral on me warmed up with the oats and flour. There is a dark sweetness that's almost reads sticky or syrupy. Must be the honey. This stays somewhat perfumey on me... And the honey doesn't take over. It's a really pretty scent for fall. It's a sexy "flour on the cleavage/baking all day" scent.

• 4 months later...

Miss hazel gave me a sample of this! Excitement!

So In the vial it had a very pronounced flour/vanilla oat thing going on and I wasn't feeling brave enough at the time. But today, I really wanted the cougar in it so I slathered away.

Once it hit my skin, it wAS BAM VINTAGE OLD SCHOOL MUSK with a powdery vanilla and a hint of sweet flour. There's a (very) faint hint of light honey and wheat that's wafting around the application and I thought breakfast in bed would go nicely (and I was right)

I'm super happy I got to try this, even though it doesn't smell like baked bread--its more like I'm smelling the process of it being made and there's nothing cooler than that :-D

• 10 months later...

I recieved a sniffie of this in my last order (I think?) and I love it when I get an Old School LP surprise! I do get the comparisons to Hathor although this is far more floral on me than bread-like, or even oat-like. I think I would like this better if the orange blossom note wasn't so sharp on me, because the background is actually really nice.

• 11 months later...

I love this so much it hurts. :surprised:

I'm inexperienced with LP, but I've always been a perfume fanatic. I would have never chosen this for myself, as the edible aromas are not for me!

However, it doesn't smell very food-y at all! It is definitely sweet and has a classic feminine smell. Very light and pretty!

I still love this perfume! It doesn't fail, when I wear Wheat Siren, people are always ultra nice to me. Men & women. This gets lovelier as it ages, & a little goes a long way.

• 3 years later...

I enjoyed this when I first got the sniffee but have always put it away, safe and sound in my vault. I get primarily orange blossom, honeycomb, vanilla and amber and projects a very soft, approachable and warm vibe. Totally love this and will be missed when the sniffee is gone.