Marley's Ghost

sultry brunette

I can't quite put my finger on the notes in here. There is something that smells old. Like dust in the moonlight. I can't describe the notes, but I love it.

Yeah, the only note that I am able to pinpoint is a licorice-y smell.....I don't know if that was an intended note, or just my wacky skin chemistry......but I like it, nonetheless!

At first application, this one seemed very sharp to me. Now after an hour or so, it is very pretty - something lightly powdery, and a slight hint of licorice-y-ness (thanks Dolly for identifying that - like the smell of real licorice).

I can't wait to see the final descriptions - this is a warm scent I would be happy to wear about the office as a "positive influence", if that's what it is intended for.

This one doesnt blend well with my skin but it is a very interesting scent. I definetly get the real licorice scent. Like black licorice with the salty coating in it.

I love the array of scents from LP, you ladies are true artists!

So I put this on Friday and it just never settled on me. It seemed...harsh? Licoricey I suppose. So I put it in DH's bowl. He tried it the next day.

EEE Ooww. He has different skin chemistry from me for sure! It was a wonderful woodsy incensey scent on him with a sharp spicey overtone. Very festive.

At least we rarely squabble over the vials - if it doesn't seem like me, it's usually fantastic on him.

So I put this on Friday and it just never settled on me. It seemed...harsh? Licoricey I suppose. So I put it in DH's bowl. He tried it the next day.

EEE Ooww. He has different skin chemistry from me for sure! It was a wonderful woodsy incensey scent on him with a sharp spicey overtone. Very festive.

At least we rarely squabble over the vials - if it doesn't seem like me, it's usually fantastic on him.

Oooh thats a good idea, I am gonna have to test this out on my bf. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This was really interesting. There is something ghostly about it that I can't put my finger on. I got the impression of something outside, it's actually kinda murky, like a swamp haha. Now the licorice or anise is amping up and taking over everything... oh well. I still like it to keep my sample.

• 8 months later...

I think that I had looked at Marley's Ghost when it first came out and was slightly interested, but I never did order it. I love sweet pipe tobacco notes and this has one of the most perfect sweet tobacco notes that I have come across. The walnut note is a bit strong and somewhat herbal at first, but it tames down and the whole thing is so beautiful in the end. I put on the teeniest drop on my wrist and I can just smell it wafting around and I am so pleased.

I collect perfumes that have the same names as my present and departed animal friends, so I was going to get Marley's Ghost whether the notes appealed to me or not. To find a perfume with the same name as one of my beloved departed cats and to find a scent that is just as special is just a gift. :thbf54f4bf:

• 3 weeks later...

This one is ghostly and delicious all at once, if that makes any sense at all. I'm really getting the black walnut, and I love it. It's like a luscious black walnut cake, which makes sense considering the supporting notes of oats, milk, honey, sugar and vanilla, but there is also something ethereal and otherworldly about it, maybe like ghosts materializing before the cake. It must be the smoke and dark woods casting that beautiful eerie veil over it. A black walnut cake good enough to call spirits from beyond the grave for a taste--if I was one it'd certainly bring me back for seconds!

:) (hey, with walnuts I just had to put the squirrel in)

Edited by Invidiana

I can't quite put my finger on the notes in here. There is something that smells old. Like dust in the moonlight. I can't describe the notes, but I love it.

I think that's the oats. I get that too, especially at the beginning. It's not offensive though... I've been layering it with one of the samples I got "Sweet Winter Chai" & the Chai deepens & lengthens the scent on me. Nice for just every day.

I know the purpose of this one is to help other people be kind towards you, but I just realized it has great relaxing properties as well! I dabbed a little bit on before taking a nap yesterday and smelling it lulled me into the most deep, restful sleep I've had in a while. Taking sniffs also helped me relax later in class despite the stress of being a grad student with a full-time job. Even if no one else does me any favors because I'm wearing this stuff, it does me enough of a favor with the self-effects. :^^:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...