Happy Water

this is a very yellow scent on me...citrusy.

i like it 'cause it reminds me of a sunny, summer day (i guess that's where the happiness comes in, huh?).

my hubby likes it 'cause it's not all heavy, musky, and smutty like most of my other blends.

he likes when i change it up and go light, airy and happy once in a while.

i swapped for this one and am glad i did...i see this as a good scent for long spring/summer drives with the windows down, road trips, and fishing/boating days out in the sun :)

this is a very yellow scent on me...citrusy.

i like it 'cause it reminds me of a sunny, summer day (i guess that's where the happiness comes in, huh?).

my hubby likes it 'cause it's not all heavy, musky, and smutty like most of my other blends.

he likes when i change it up and go light, airy and happy once in a while.

i swapped for this one and am glad i did...i see this as a good scent for long spring/summer drives with the windows down, road trips, and fishing/boating days out in the sun :)

My man said the same thing....he loves my dark "repertoire" of scents, but once in a while he likes for me to go lighter....this one is good for that....light, fresh, and pretty smelling......with Androstenol to boot!

Happy Water is definitely a bright, happy scent. When I first put it on I can smell the bitter orange & bergamot, as it dries down the other florals start to come out. Ylang-ylang can turn very soapy on me & although I can smell it in this blend, the other notes are keeping it from taking over. I'm not a big fan of florals, but I think I'll keep my sample.

Happy Water is definitely a bright, happy scent. When I first put it on I can smell the bitter orange & bergamot, as it dries down the other florals start to come out. Ylang-ylang can turn very soapy on me & although I can smell it in this blend, the other notes are keeping it from taking over. I'm not a big fan of florals, but I think I'll keep my sample.

I'm not a fan of most florals, but this one is just so NICE. Glad I got three bottles.....I've gone through almost half of one already.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Happy Water is gorgeous and wonderful! It smells just like a stronger Florida water and is far more long-lasting on my skin; in fact, I think I like it better than Florida water. The phero part of it is phenomenal, too. I feel a rush of happiness and smiles when I first apply this one. This is a great blend.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi bethanyv, and welcome to our forum! :20628860864593fef0b8f29:

I have merged this with the correct thread, so please can you always make sure you do a wee search before making new threads, so we can keep things as clean and tidy as possible. Thanks muchly. :)

Also, any blends containing pheromones have their own review section here in the Pheromone FAQ.

Enjoy!

Blessings

Ail )O(

I had a sample of this long time ago but it was a spicy floral-ish scent so I traded it off since I'm more into foodie scents.

However, before I traded it off I did get a few compliments from my friends on this perfume. It's quite an elegant fragrance.

I love this one the scent is just beautiful,light not over powering.And it it was I think made with florida water so I just ran and put some on

I need a bottle of this one.

• 2 months later...

Hey all. Just thought I'd throw a little history at ya.

I own Actual Florida Water, I use it to cleanse candles workspaces and ocsionally in a spiritual bath.

I dont own Happy Water just yet, but of course, it seems M&D are sticking to the 'ol regime" when it comes to this stuff.

As the ladies have explained, legend tells of the fountain of youth being located in Florida(coulda fooled me-no offense to floridians, but its the land of the elderly,pastel houses and giant bugs-plus all the nuts roll down to Florida-why amI still in MI :lol: ).

But Florida water was one of the first American EDT's. and also a hoodoo-voodoo remedey in various cleansing preperations, which remains true to this this day. It was also known as Kanga water back in the day.

Common ingerdients for old school Florida or "Happy" water were Ylang Ylang, lemon, nerloi, lavender and clove.

The use for the first production of these these EDt's varied from aristocratic scenting to Old South root magic.

Once again, I think it's extremely cool that the ladies are going back to our past and putting theyre own spin on such an American Classic, can't wait to get my mitts on a bottle!

Thanks for listenin! Much Love-Lori

But Florida water was one of the first American EDT's. and also a hoodoo-voodoo remedey in various cleansing preperations, which remains true to this this day. It was also known as Kanga water back in the day.

It's not "kanga," it's "kananga," a derivative of the latin name for ylang-ylang. And also, hoodoo is a magickal system, Voodoo is a religion, so they're not interchangable.

Well, thanks for the correction, but I actually got the spelling off wikipedia. Soooooo, I'll have to go ahead and correct them.

All I was tryin to do was tell our fellow forum members about the roots of Florida water. That's all. I just think its kindof cool that there's so much history behind Happy Water. That's it! (and yes I need a spell check in general on this thing-I do my best).

All MY BEST-to you!! :angelstar-kaos058:

Ps-In my opinion, religion is also in the eye of the beholder. My boy has been to New Orleans 5 times and has met many folks that consider Hoodoo they're faith. I'm no expert. But I can't tell these people that they are wrong either.

• 1 year later...

Bright and cheerful is how I would describe Happy Water.

I wore this on the back of my hands (with Mojo Potion) today to a meeting on how to change our marketing efforts in order to expand the program. I wanted us to feel happy although it was supposed to be a serious meeting. The office was rather warm and I am certain the three of us were affected by the pheros. We were generally very relaxed and happy all through the 3-hour meeting.

Bright and cheerful is how I would describe Happy Water.

I wore this on the back of my hands (with Mojo Potion) today to a meeting on how to change our marketing efforts in order to expand the program. I wanted us to feel happy although it was supposed to be a serious meeting. The office was rather warm and I am certain the three of us were affected by the pheros. We were generally very relaxed and happy all through the 3-hour meeting.

I love Happy Water! Bright florals are normally not my "thing", but this is one I would love to see come back!

@Dolly I know this was the first bottle I went thru completely, actually I don't think I 've finished any other bottles entirely since, lol.

One of my faves too!! Especially in warmer weather, the scent is perfect and it really does make me happy!

I have a beta of Woozy Floozy that I scented with Happy Water......I call it my "giggle juice".....talk about happy! I do wish this one would come back though.....

Edited by Dolly

I have a beta of Woozy Floozy that I scented with Happy Water......I call it my "giggle juice".....talk about happy! I do wish this one would come back though.....

Me too. It would be fantastic if it comes without pheros. My daughter loves this but she knows that she cannot use it.

• 11 months later...

hey guys, im not really so good with notes and all so by just reading the ingredients in the perfume descriptions doesn't really give me an idea how it would smell like! :) but i really love this one. i have a VERY TINY sample vial that Mara included in my first LP purchase and i really love it but my heart was broken when I tried to search for it and found out it was sold out. :( i use it on my FIRST BLOODY DAYs bcoz it's very calming... SO, my question and i hope you guys have patience with me being a total noob, is there any other perfume in LP that's close or similar to this one?

• 6 months later...

Happy water is still one of my all-time favourites. It's so much uplifting. The fresh fruity scent with flower blossom notes makes me happy whenever I wear it. I'm sure that the alpha-androstenol contributes a big part to that happy feeling. Is there any chance for a rebrew?

Happy water is still one of my all-time favourites. It's so much uplifting. The fresh fruity scent with flower blossom notes makes me happy whenever I wear it. I'm sure that the alpha-androstenol contributes a big part to that happy feeling. Is there any chance for a rebrew?

Me too.....I am wearing it now, as a matter of fact!!

Just looked at my recipe, I think that I can...or a reasonable facsimile. I wrote everything down at the time, but I have a feeling that I added dashes of this and that at the end and didn't write down every step, so I could try, but I know I'll never get it exactly exact.

You sure you want a rebrew? It almost feels like sacrilege to mess with the memory of this one. :lol:

Just looked at my recipe, I think that I can...or a reasonable facsimile. I wrote everything down at the time, but I have a feeling that I added dashes of this and that at the end and didn't write down every step, so I could try, but I know I'll never get it exactly exact.

You sure you want a rebrew? It almost feels like sacrilege to mess with the memory of this one. :lol:

YES

I love this blend!

• 5 years later...

It is minus 4 outside my house today and the winter and snow is getting me down so I put some Happy Water on and it's like spring in a bottle. I feel so uplifted and happy. The citrus notes in this blend meld together so beautifully. I'm normally a dark scent girl but in the dead of winter this is a perfect pick me up scent to wear...