Love Potion: Autumnal Equinox 2008

I can't believe that this hasn't been reviewed yet! I searched high and low, and no review in sight! Here is what the website says:

Completed and empowered on the Autumnal Equinox 2008 - a delicious Love Potion® variant, this time with the fall aromas of Acorn and dry Autumn Leaves, freshly harvested Sweet Corn and Pumpkins! Deep and delicious, and 'spelled' for the wearer to capture her heart's desire!

Ingredients: VANILLA, CORN, ACORN, PUMPKIN, PATCHOULI, BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR, AMBER, MYRRH, CINNAMON

When I first put it on, I could smell the vanilla, pumpkin, corn and cinnamon. After it dried down, the resins really started to come out nicely. Now, several hours later, the amber and myrrh are very nice. There is a hint of waxy undertones for me, and I attribute that to the butter. This one I am able to wear for about 6 hours before that waxy undertone starts to really come forward. By then, the rest of the scent has faded enough that I can just slap on something new for the afternoon.

Don't let the Corn and Acorn fool you. They don't smell "weird" at all. They add a nice crispness. This scent is really wonderful! I have a full bottle and a couple of hoarded samples.

I wondered why this hadn't been reviewed. I love all the Love Potion variants, but this one I think particularly captures fall crispness. There is an earthiness to it, but it is a cool fragrance, not warm.

I wore it this weekend while out mending fences, and with the sparkling white snow and the cold crisp air, I kept getting a lovely whiff of this drifting out of the warmth of my coveralls (hey - quit laughing! perfume is entirely appropriate for ranch chores...). Ponies appreciate good smells too. :pony3:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised there are not more reviews of this.

I get marshmellow taffy spiced bundt cake, it is crisp, spicy and sweet but not real foody.

Great scent - definitely a bottle purchase

• 8 months later...

The butter does not like me, again.

I love butter in oh so many ways... :o

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS SO MEAN TO ME!

...not always, but some dairy accords hate me with a deep buttery passion. (Mmmm, buttery passion...)

I like the patchouli in this one, though, it reminds me of the patchouli in LP Pink '09. I realize they're probably not the same but my brain is saying hmm similar.

Thankfully LP Autumnal Equinox '07 is wonderful on me, and hopefully '09 will be too.

• 3 months later...

Well I've had this bottle since the sale, & I have yet to review it(so sorry). To me this is a dryer sweetnes. Almost like Pumpkin Pie w/ whipped cream on top, somehow a little dryer though. Of course when it inevitably fades away it goes to the LP base, but every varient does this on my skin. Either way it's really yummy, & I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yummm...creamy, sweet, a bit woody, a bit spicy...autumn is my favorite season, and what better way to bring it to me, even in the dead of winter, than than either this or the 09 blend? 09 is more honey-fruity and this one is more woody-spicy-creamy, but both are beautifully autumnal. I never thought I'd come across anything creamy-woody before, but obviously it does exist! It must be the acorn that gives it that woody feel. The sweet pumpkin and corn round it out with a bit of fruitiness, and the resins deepen and warm it up. The patchouli just adds that hint of earthy sexiness without going into hippie territory at all, and the rich brown sugar and vanilla only make it more delectible. Cinnamon, that trademark autumn spice, gives it a final spicy touch. Gorgeously done! :D

• 1 year later...