Sugared Apricots

knjsavy

i am surprised i could not find a post on this.

in the vial it was like warmed up high end preserves. On it was fresh peeled apricots - at their ripest peak - with a sprinkling of sugar.

this is wonderful sugared scent but it did not last on me - i applied a whole big vial and in minutes it completely disappeared, later it never came back - shame.

I will definitely try it again - maybe i was having an off skin chemistry day

• 2 months later...
i am surprised i could not find a post on this.

in the vial it was like warmed up high end preserves. On it was fresh peeled apricots - at their ripest peak - with a sprinkling of sugar.

this is wonderful sugared scent but it did not last on me - i applied a whole big vial and in minutes it completely disappeared, later it never came back - shame.

I will definitely try it again - maybe i was having an off skin chemistry day

I have a sample of this and love it! Layered with something vanilla it smells like apricot cobbler...mmm! It lasts pretty well on me.

• 2 weeks later...

All by itself, this starts out generically fruity, and it gives my nose a burn not unlike the one I get from unscented Cougar. I don't really get apricot for apricot's sake and unfortunately, it goes plastic in the end. It does seem to have a long life span on me. I'll try layering it with my Sugared French Vanilla and see what effects I get - not ready to give up quite yet.

• 3 years later...

Got this from a trade. I love this. We don't get to eat a lot of apricots here (I don't know why). When I first apply this, it reminded me of the LP base. I will use it solo or layer it under other scents which, at the moment, I can only think of either vanilla, honey or chocolate.

Oh, btw, the label is so straight forward, so non-fussy, so cute!

Edited by JOC

• 5 months later...

I have to rave about this since I'm getting another bottle coming in the trade. It is extremely concentrated and I love it! It's got more than just ripe and juicy apricots. There's some sort of amber, perhaps? Giving it depth and a mysterious vibe. Perhaps this has aged very well, it lasts for a number of hours and perhaps it's because I layer the scent by adding some into my lotion and spread the mixture all over my body before applying some of the oil on my body. I cant wait to try the rest of the Sugared line.

It is indeed a beautiful scent. You can keep it if you like, Xev! One bottle is plenty. Although I was not consciously looking out for it, I'm glad that I have scored a bottle from you earlier this year. The second one is just a bonus, either a backup or will go to my sister.

I swear I read in one of the threads, that Mara was possibly bringing back the Sugared line. It was Mara who posted too, not just a forum member.

Just remembered it was in a thread by Cinnamonmel, and it was about Caramel musk, I think.

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

Just to be clear, I don't think the entire line would come back, probably just a selection of them. Some of them, like Sugared Patchouli and Sugared Honeycomb, have always been available.

From the first time I tried this one it has been a favorite, I love to layer it with Valentine's Chocolate. The combo inspired my Sungold Cacao PE, in fact.

I have a total of 28 samples from the Sugared line...and that's not even all which were available! I have six in bottle form; Sugared Patchouli is my favorite (and my favorite LP) but Quince is a fanboi for Sugared Amber (on me, that is, not on him).

28! That's a lot and I don't think it's feasible to bring everything back so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the fruity and some floral ones which I enjoy.

I believe I have Orchids, Apricots, Forest, Berries, Honeycomb, F&M, Amber,Honeysuckle .... in samples or sniffees only.

It seems like I remember reading that Mara can do any of the "sugared" line as PEs because they were all fairly simple brews.

Yes, absolutely. We announced that early on so we wouldn't have to keep so many perfumes in stock. I get a few requests for them each month but I don't put them up with the PE releases because they aren't "new". This month I made Sugared Apples for 2 different people.