Amber Enchantment

Dolly

i love me some amber and was sooooo excited to try this.

i'll likely be burned at the stake for saying this but...it's just way too sweet for my tastes :blush:

maybe a good layering scent, but straight-up I could never wear this alone. it makes me gack.

i love me some amber and was sooooo excited to try this.

i'll likely be burned at the stake for saying this but...it's just way too sweet for my tastes :blush:

maybe a good layering scent, but straight-up I could never wear this alone. it makes me gack.

Lol, you aint going to be burned at the stake! <_< It's nice to see you on here sadtamato. I am enjoying reading your reviews and looking forward to more! :)

This one is definetly a sweet amber. I think it is great for people who arent absolute amber girls.

Your right about layering it though, I think it would work quite well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Reminds me of a sweeter musk in the pixie dust, stronger though. I like it but it's a little strong for my nose. Powdery sweet berry amber.

edit: ok it's not like musk in the pixie dust as musk in the pixie dist is fresher and more cotton candy like, guess they've both just got that pink sweetness.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 3 months later...

i got a small sample of this and figured i would try it out today (sunday = home alone in front of tv day). wet, it smells like cotton candy. after drying down it smells like a mix of strawberry incense and my sister's old bath products. might be good if i wanted to try and sweeten some of my men's scents or use in a diffuser, though.

• 2 months later...

I absolutely LOVE this. I can't pull my nose away from my hand because it's like Pink Sugar, but better! It just has a sexier edge than Pink Sugar, which I can't really describe but is gorgeous nonetheless. It's probably due to the depth of the ambers which Pink Sugar is missing. Utterly nomable! :beggingpleasesmiley:

• 9 months later...

I'm new to LP, but looking at all the reviews I've done recently makes me really aware of the binging I did at the recent sale! Yikes.

In the vial, this scent initially struck me as very sugary and girly, so I wasn't too sure how it would play. Upon dry down, this is still very flirty and feminine, but will definitely be something I reach for when I want something light and a bit frivolous.

• 1 month later...

Me too! haven't put my finger on it yet but LP Pink 2009, Pom Nom, and Esmeralda's Pink Emerald all have something about their pinkness that goes sharp/stabby with my chemistry. Not this one, which is candy fabulosity.

Edited by tyvey

Me too! haven't put my finger on it yet but LP Pink 2009, Pom Nom, and Esmeralda's Pink Emerald all have something about their pinkness that goes sharp/stabby with my chemistry. Not this one, which is candy fabulosity.

I have that same issue Tyvey. Maybe I need to get my hands on some of this

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to like this but....

This goes wonky on me like LP Pink 2009 :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird, but sometimes when I smell pink scents like this one in the sample vial and in the bottle they smell different. They smell better in the smaller size for some reason, even with other companies' products. They don't smell bad in the larger bottle, just different and not as good to me.

Out of the vial,you might be getting a stronger first smell,than from just the roller of the bottle...the only true test is to wear it,and even then,try it several times...I will never,ever forget how close I came to not trying LP Red again...and falling in Love with it !!! :Hug_emoticon:

...also,I shake everything!

But what about when you actually put them on? I've noticed this too but the difference disappears once it's on the skin.

It is different, even on my skin. Maybe when it's in a small bottle it ages faster or something? I tried shaking it and it still smells the same on my skin. I'll try it again later!

• 1 year later...

I think scents do age faster in sample vials... seems like it in my experience, anyway.

This one always smells so good in the vial. But on me, not so much. In the vial, it's pink, sugary sweet amber. But on my skin, it becomes this strange, totally unattractive scent. Medicinal, almost. Bleh. Thank goodness I brought something else to switch to today...