Dolly's Dark Side

Dolly

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or just post here.....but for any of you who are waiting for Dolly's Dark Side, all I can say is O! M! G! This is heavenly! It starts out almost sweet with the dark florals and vanilla......then it gets darker and richer......then even darker, till it is all dark florals with a deep black musk and resins.....I am ecstatic! It is exactly what I envisioned!

I had originally ordered 2 bottles, but I just ordered 2 more! I am loving myself!!!!!!!!

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or just post here.....but for any of you who are waiting for Dolly's Dark Side, all I can say is O! M! G! This is heavenly! It starts out almost sweet with the dark florals and vanilla......then it gets darker and richer......then even darker, till it is all dark florals with a deep black musk and resins.....I am ecstatic! It is exactly what I envisioned!

I had originally ordered 2 bottles, but I just ordered 2 more! I am loving myself!!!!!!!!

Okay, why did you have to go and start talking dirty to me. I'm trying to be really good about not buying ALL the scents available. I was fine until you started describing this scent. Curses!!! :love:

Edited by Jo Anna

Okay, why did you have to go and start talking dirty to me. I'm trying to be really good about not buying ALL the scents available. I was fine until you started describing this scent. Curses!!! :love:

Oh, and you and I have the same chemistry, too......so it will probably smell on you like it does on me......it is not as dark as say, Carpe Noctum or Dirty Sexy, but it does darken as you wear it, and the floral makes it a beautifully (slightly sweet) feminine scent, but with a mysterious undertone.....

edited because I can't spell

Edited by Dolly

Edited to add that I have a bottle of Dolly's coming. I just knew that it would be fantastic. So glad I snagged it before this review came out! I think customs are typically only made in 12 bottle batches... So if Dolly has 4 now, and I have 1 - that only leaves 7!

I think Liz said she ordered one too.....

I think Liz said she ordered one too.....

yesssss ! I did ! that leaves 6 !

ps: Dolly great avatar !

yesssss ! I did ! that leaves 6 !

ps: Dolly great avatar !

Thanks, Liz!!

Ohhh... we are down to five if both Liz and knjsavy got one! I am sooo tempted to order another... I do have the willpower to wait for mine to come... I do, I said...

ARE YOU SURE???? pssssst.....you may want to stock up before they're gone.......

AHHHHH! Damnation! That is what I say! I apparently do NOT have the willpower. Ok ladies, we are down to three bottles if my count is accurate...

Edited to add that i am logging off before the evil temptress can convince me to order anything else! I am going to wait until my sampler gets here before I even consider my next order! Oh, wait, it should be here this week ... - modify to say "I am going to wait until I have sniffed everything in my sampler before I even consider my next order!"

Edited by sultry brunette

SB - This appears a case where I can beg for a sample of your incoming bottle of Dolly's scent. *smiles while showing the biggest dimples* :A002:

Geez this scent has staying power! I woke up this morning and I can smell sweet violets and amber......wow.....it smells good even now!

SB - This appears a case where I can beg for a sample of your incoming bottle of Dolly's scent. *smiles while showing the biggest dimples* :love:

Only because I love you... Perhaps if you are really nice, I'll split a bottle with you (I have a 1/2 size roll-on that I can put it into for you).

Only because I love you... Perhaps if you are really nice, I'll split a bottle with you (I have a 1/2 size roll-on that I can put it into for you).

You're the bestest friend in the whole wide world. :love:

OH MY I am going to be dangerous! I have been slathering on my custom scent since yesterday, which left a bit of room in one of the bottles.....SO, I just went and added approx 1 ml of Essence Oil.....this scent covers the cops smell PERFECTLY! So, those of you who want one that you can blend up and apply "on the sly"....this one works!! <<evil laugh>>

I sat by and watched it go :) If anyone wants to do up a sampler of this one for me...I'd be indebted :D

CC, it looks like there is one left in stock....you may be able to catch it if you hurry....

Dolly-

Does this resemble your Dark Seductions (original) that you lust after??

Dolly-

Does this resemble your Dark Seductions (original) that you lust after??

Only the violet with amber.....Dark Seductions had soooooo much more, with other dark florals and stuff! I am totally coveting my last remaining bit of DS! Nobody will be able to pry that baby out of my hands!

Edited by Dolly

I was actually expecting this to be darker and more resinous than it was. So, I turned away from the ingredients list and tried to forget the previous reviews. I sniffed it anew.

What I get is a dark floral with a heavy sweet vanilla right after application. As it dries, the florals stay in the front, but the resins start to add some depth and the black musk starts to pull up and join the party. The violet stays prominant on me throughout all of the stages.

I was actually expecting this to be darker and more resinous than it was. So, I turned away from the ingredients list and tried to forget the previous reviews. I sniffed it anew.

What I get is a dark floral with a heavy sweet vanilla right after application. As it dries, the florals stay in the front, but the resins start to add some depth and the black musk starts to pull up and join the party. The violet stays prominant on me throughout all of the stages.

Yes, it wasn't quite as dark as I expected......BUT, I still love it! I think it is wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really get darkness here at all. When I first tried my lil sniffee care of SB, I got a lil dark floral musk that did not work for me.

I just got my bottle in and I get the "now for something completely different" please note this must be said with the accent :)

I get the florals must be violet, it is very strong. I dont catch musks or resins as Id note them I get more of a tart sweetness (kinda like a grapfruit candy tartness, but not a grapefruit scent)in this one, not a lot of vanilla at all. Oh it is morphing and the musks are coming out. It rounds off the scent and softens it a bit.

I like this as it gives off a scent that is unlike any of the others. It is a very strong potent scent. I think it would be great one to blend with a phero as it would hide the phero scent (or cop scent) well.

This one is a little too strong for my everday use but I'd where it proud on a night out with the girls! Dark sultry night club or lounge...very appropriate for dolly's dark side :lol:

I have this one on one back of the hand and mara's rocket fuel on the other. The two compliment each other nicely..odd but they could blend well.

Ok this is crazy but as the scent morphs some more I get a scent that reminds me of a grape tart candy that I use to get when I was younger. It is totally not a "bublegum" grape smell, nor a real grape scent but that other grape used in candies (reminds me of a powdered candy). Hmmm, crazy. BUt i still like this very much!

EDIT: I really do think this is just lovely and full bodied, I love the morphing and wear...

EDIT AGAIN! There is a matureness coming out as the musk finds its place. There is something in this that reminds me of my older sister when she wears her liz claiborne scent...interesting. I still am enjoying this very much :)

Edited by Curiouschic

I told you it was different!! This one morphs A LOT, and goes through many different phases during wear......and it only takes putting on a LITTLE bit to last a long long time......

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this today and had to come back and rave some more - this is such a lovely dark sweet honey violet - plus i put it on at 7 this morning and it is still going strong after 7pm with no refreshing.

I got so many compliments on my lovely aroma

I am absolutely over the moon for this! Really, I love it ever so much! I am not good at picking up on scents so I don't really know what it is I am smelling...it definately is unlike any other...I just know it's lovely. I will definately be the best, and most unique, smelling girl in the room!

Currently hoarding this like a mad woman! :cry:

Hi Rosebud-

You need to email the request to Timessquareproductions@yahoo.com

I'm not in the studio, so it has to go to the email!

First email-first get!

SG

It's a race to the finish! :nanerturtle::nanerturtle: Now ladies, play nice and don't break out the light sabers..... :lightsaber1::lightsaber1:

Me, Me, Me :)

I'm about to put in a new order soon, can you add this to my order?

Ok, it's yours!

if you want to add it to your order, just order a custom sugared, and in the notes section of that item, write in DOLLY'S DARK SIDE. ok? I will hold the bottle aside with your name on it.

Thank you so much!

:)

Hey Mara, if another bottle ever comes to light again, dibs :666:

Well, I'll leave that comment up for posterity, altho I still want a bottle. I finally got a sample. This starts out nicely enough with vanilla and some strongly violet-influenced florals, but it loses that fizz pretty quickly and becomes a slightly amber-y floriental with a little something dirty. Some kind of lemon and/or citrus touch in there eventually. As it dries and ages on my skin, it gets deeper, better overall. It's pretty good, it just wouldn't be my absolute first choice.

Edited by Nightlife

• 1 year later...

I love me a lot of LPs, but so far, hands down, this one strikes me as the sexiest.

It took me forever to try this because I have never liked any "dark", "black" or "deep" scents, am very skittish about resins, and though I adore violet in food/candy, it usually turns into a SOAP and/or PLASTIC FEST on me. WELL.

I wore this out tonight and it made me feel like ... the sexpottiest sexpot who ever sexpotted. There's nothing else to say.

Oh, ETA: it "feels" like Poison (original) to me. Doesn't smell like it at all -- just has that same overtly sexy, mysterious, intense quality.

Edited by tyvey