Christine's Sin City

sultry brunette

SB !!!!! What is the name of your custom blend ? I'd like to try it, especially because of the 'carnelian' my fav stone.

Liz - It is called Sin City. I am not sure if the ladies have made a full batch yet...

M & D - is Sin City ready for others to purchase yet?

Edited to add that I ordered a custom sugared last night that contains: Vanilla, Ylang Ylang, Amber and a splash of grapefruit.

Edited by sultry brunette

SG - I just sent you an e-mail...

Liz - I had requested a minor modification to Sin City, so I didn't think that they had brewed a batch yet. It's not a regular sugared, it is a true custom based on a sample that I sent them that I blended and some nebulous concepts. I am sure that they will let us all know when it is ready. I know I am excited. I plan to order several bottles, a lotion and maybe even a bath oil.

Liz - It is called Sin City. I am not sure if the ladies have made a full batch yet...

That's the ticket, SB !! keep me informed pls

• 1 month later...

I just got the e-mail this morning, my new customs are done! I had two that were actual customs (as opposed to a custom sugared) and one custom sugared. I am sure that the ladies will post descriptions as soon as they can come up for air.

Liz - Sin City is done! Yippee! This one, I can't even describe what is in it... It was based on a nebulous scent description and intent. It is dark, thick and intoxicating. Intent is based on the 2nd Chakra (emotional healing, sexuality and personal power) and it has a carnelian in it to intensify that effect. You'll just have to wait for the description for more details on ingredients!

My other custom was the fig mousse one. I am not sure what it is called yet. Here was my request: Fig, Vanilla, Brown sugar, a drizzle of honey, dark raspberry "sauce" and dark chocolate "sprinkles." I asked for the chocolate to be very subtle.

My sugared was pretty simple. I'll keep you on your toes for that one... You'll just have to wait until they are posted!

Edited to add that I have already tried Sin City, and it is fantastic! We did a little tweak on it to lighten the top notes a hair, so I am sure that the final version will be PERFECT.

SB -they sound amazing especially Sin city - if those go up for sale - my personal belongings will soon follow - i must get money for the precious, [said in gollum voice while wringing hands]

Liz - Sin City is done! Yippee! This one, I can't even describe what is in it... It was based on a nebulous scent description and intent. It is dark, thick and intoxicating. Intent is based on the 2nd Chakra (emotional healing, sexuality and personal power) and it has a carnelian in it to intensify that effect. You'll just have to wait for the description for more details on ingredients!

Terrific !! I'll keep my eyes open for description. Awaiting "Dolly's" PE right now.

ps: I can't find your post describing it ?

Edited by liz

did Sin City have something orange in it ? or did I make that up ?

Neroli oil is orange. It is sweeter than the standard orange oil. I think it is from the blossoms. I am not sure if they used straight neroli or a combo of orange oils.

DOH ! :) (I knew that)

• 2 weeks later...

Deep Arabian resins, strewn with petals of rose and orange, a hint of citrus, and softened, only slightly, with a dusting of sugar. Dark, thick and intoxicating; based on the 2nd Chakra for emotional healing, sexuality and personal power.

This one is beautiful and deep. The resins give it some long staying power! The florals and citrusare not overdone, just enough to temper the resins. I love it! It starts out dark, sexy and powerful then dries into a softer flirty and seductive scent. This would be a perfect one to pair with unscented Dominance.

This review is based on a pre-release version that I have from the development stage, there were a few minor tweaks so I will post a new review once my box arrives and I can try out the final version.

This sounds crazy all over the place and I love it! Does it make your second chakra tingle?? :)

I don't know if "tingle" is the right word, but I do feel more in control and sexy when I am wearing it.

Hey, it never hurts to have a tingling second chakra!

Hey... so it's ready for release, GREAT !! SB ? you mention the rose and orange, then 'hint of citrus", is that in addition to the orange ? I ask only because I OD'd on citrus wearing Perry Ellis 360 many years ago, I'm not implying that it would even be remotely the same , but scented PG:Cougar is the most I can handle. Just curious ^_^ . But IT DOES SOUND FABULOUS !!! Kudos to you !

Edited by liz

Hey... so it's ready for release, GREAT !! SB ? you mention the rose and orange, then 'hint of citrus", is that in addition to the orange ? I ask only because I OD'd on citrus wearing Perry Ellis 360 many years ago, I'm not implying that it would even be remotely the same , but scented PG:Cougar is the most I can handle. Just curious ^_^ . But IT DOES SOUND FABULOUS !!! Kudos to you !

I think it is orange blossoms (more floral) and a hint of citrus in addition to that. It is by no means a citrus scent. It is just enough to temper the resins. Think Turkish Delight with a hint of citrus, orange blossoms and a little sweeter. It doesn't smell the same as Turkish Delight, but those were the types of resins that I asked for (really deep ones). And the rose is pretty faint. I can't pull it out on me at all (I can sense floral, but not rose specifically), but it will probably come out slightly on those that amp rose (and I don't think it will be strong on them either, the citrus helps to combat that effect).

It's available for purchase in the customs section now.

I think it is orange blossoms (more floral) and a hint of citrus in addition to that. It is by no means a citrus scent. It is just enough to temper the resins. Think Turkish Delight with a hint of citrus, orange blossoms and a little sweeter. It doesn't smell the same as Turkish Delight, but those were the types of resins that I asked for (really deep ones). And the rose is pretty faint. I can't pull it out on me at all (I can sense floral, but not rose specifically), but it will probably come out slightly on those that amp rose (and I don't think it will be strong on them either, the citrus helps to combat that effect).

It's available for purchase in the customs section now.

I know, I just ordered it icon4.gif!!!

Yeah! I am excited to hear someone elses' review of this one. Jo Anna is going to try mine, and I am going to make her post a review as well... Her chemistry is opposite of mine, so it will give a good perspective from both sides of the spectrum. She is also a "rose amper," so for those questioning this because of the rose she is a good test subject.

Yeah! I am excited to hear someone elses' review of this one. Jo Anna is going to try mine, and I am going to make her post a review as well... Her chemistry is opposite of mine, so it will give a good perspective from both sides of the spectrum. She is also a "rose amper," so for those questioning this because of the rose she is a good test subject.

You can use me as long as this doesn't end up smelling like Bologna on me, okay. And, yes, I sang the song when I spelled Bologna.

I love this scent. It is dark and sexy. The rose is faint, with the orange blossoms and citrus peeking through and tempering the deep resins. When it dries, it has a soft, almost powdery, quality. This is a unique combo. The resins are still there, so it is dark, thick and soft all at the same time. Like a warm thick blanket of the softest velvet.

Did you get the finished result already? How would you compare the two?

The sample you have is of the finished result. The biggest difference is the top note. The citrus and orange blossoms temper the resins and make it more sexy. It is also a little sweeter. The first version was a little darker than this one.

The sample you have is of the finished result. The biggest difference is the top note. The citrus and orange blossoms temper the resins and make it more sexy. It is also a little sweeter. The first version was a little darker than this one.

Oh! I haven't got my package yet as the team is just getting back. Did you manage to slip a sin city in there?!

I can't wait!

SB ? Was this the scent that was going to contain "carneilian chips" ? or did I make that up ?

with or w/o *chips*, it smells great !

Edited by liz

Argh! I put them in SB's first bottle, but them I forgot to add them later. If anyone didn't get carnelian chips for them, I will send for you to add. D'oh! :A002:

me please ? I'll be placing in an order for new releases, so you can send it then, k ?

Edited by liz

me please ? I'll be placing in an order for new releases, so you can send it then, k ?

I should have one in the shop - I purchased and am waiting to do the monthly one as well to add to it...that'd be swell...

• 3 weeks later...
It smells Indian to me. It has a resemblance to Nag Champa incense mellowed out with floral and fruit. A little bit goes a long way, all I had to do is put a tiny bit on and the scent became intense. A sexy and hedonistic scent, it fulfills the promise of it's name, Sin City.

Isn't it something?! IMO, this is definitely a "I do this for ME" type scent...it just resonates with something inside, and makes me happy. If others like it, swell! I can't wait to try this one when there is the merest *hint* of humidity in the air...it's dead dry out here right now.

Christine kindly sent me a sniffie of Sin City, as well as some amped with Dominance. It is a very heavy attar-y blend. Just the tiniest drop was enough, and really overwhelmed me for about 1/2 an hour. After drydown I found the smell pleasant, but just not me at all. It remind me of my straight natural attars.

Now my co-worker, who is very into the heavy blends, absolutely insisted I let her try it as soon as she smelled it on me. I did and it smelled fantastic on her. She wore it yesterday & today, and also shared it with one of the integrative therapists in our building. For them, it's scent-nirvana!

Its funny I tried this one before and I didnt think it was for me. But today I decided to try it again and WOW it is amazing. The scent floats up to me and is sooo intoxicating. Very nice. Oooh I wish I had realized this when there was some in stock. I would love to have even a little bit of this...so if anyone wants to give up even 2ml of this I would happily do a tradsie!

Its funny I tried this one before and I didnt think it was for me. But today I decided to try it again and WOW it is amazing. The scent floats up to me and is sooo intoxicating. Very nice. Oooh I wish I had realized this when there was some in stock. I would love to have even a little bit of this...so if anyone wants to give up even 2ml of this I would happily do a tradsie!

Pony has a vial of this with either BI or Dominance (can't remember which), you might check with her.

This one smells so much better aged. My original design was a lot darker on the front with the a similar dry down (it had dark musk in it). It was created almost 4 months ago and is sooo much better than when it was originally done. The final version is also getting better with age... I think the resins in here need some time to meld and blend.

Side note: Anyone who likes Turkish Delight will like this one... The resins are very similar.

I would love to have even a little bit of this...so if anyone wants to give up even 2ml of this I would happily do a tradsie!

Me too...if anyone has any amount of this (sample, partial bottle, etc.) to sell or trade, I am interested.

Sorry ladies - I DID have Sin City with Dominance, but my officemate nearly trampled me to get her hands on it! In fact, it is on her desk right now, and I daren't try to reclaim it.

It is absolutely gorgeous on her! I know that is no consolation...

This is too funny...and proves I should read my boards more often. Pony, I didn't think you had a sniffie of Sin City, so I added one to our swap package. It's sealed and I don't want to break it open again, so if you want to swap that w/mary? I'm gonna offer CC a lil' decant swap...

psst, CC - D'you wanna swap for a decant of Sin City? I feel badly you're not getting the GGardenia split...

• 3 weeks later...
I love this one. It's really nice. I got it for its soothing qualities. It's just so naturally calming. I love it.

Ditto !! I only wish I had purchased 2 of this blend. Very nicely done SB !!!

This is too funny...and proves I should read my boards more often. Pony, I didn't think you had a sniffie of Sin City, so I added one to our swap package. It's sealed and I don't want to break it open again, so if you want to swap that w/mary? I'm gonna offer CC a lil' decant swap...

psst, CC - D'you wanna swap for a decant of Sin City? I feel badly you're not getting the GGardenia split...

Oooh! Katz, I just saw this! I am VERY interested :blue_dancing_banana:

Is it you taht also has a sample of medium. I am curious of thatone too!

Shall we figure trade out? I am sure we have a couple others stashed that the other so desires :o