Pheremones and breastfeeding

Is it safe for me to use all of these perfumes particularly the pheremone blends, I have a 16 week old baby and I breastfeed? Will the pheremones have any impact on baby (would they go in to the breastmilk). I am particularly interested in:

Love Potion Red

Love Potion Black

Super for Women

EOW

Super Sexy woman

Is it safe for me to use all of these perfumes particularly the pheremone blends, I have a 16 week old baby and I breastfeed? Will the pheremones have any impact on baby (would they go in to the breastmilk). I am particularly interested in:

Love Potion Red

Love Potion Black

Super for Women

EOW

Super Sexy woman

Welcome, Iss! And congratulations!!! :blush:

Our position on this subject has always been extremely conservative - we feel it's best to be as safe as possible while breastfeeding, and would recommend using any scented products in moderation, or not at all, during this time.

On the up side, our perfumes do not contain any phlatalates or silicones which could be absorbed into the skin, which are two of the greatest concerns regarding using scented products during this time.

You also might find your skin exceptionally sensitive for a while. Our perfumes are quite concentrated, so perhaps using a scent locket or applying the perfumes to the center of your bra at your cleavage area might be a good idea.

If I were you, I would not apply the Super perfume or Super Sexy pheros directly to my skin. (Clothes and hair should be ok.) EoW should be safe, because it is in fact only a combination of vinegars that produce a pheromonal effect without actually having any pheromones in it. RED and BLACK should be fine too, but I would be conscious of increased skin sensitivity to the strength of the oils and discontinue use directly on the skin if you sense any discomfort.

Love Potion Red

Love Potion Black

Super for Women

EOW

Super Sexy woman

keep in mind synthetic pheromones can keep neurotransmitters "firing" and therefore reduce deep sleep .

an infant breastfeeding has zero choice in what they are exposed to when they are hungry, so i would be more concerned with ANY scent (even totally natural, as natural essential oils can still encourage headaches/allergies/sleep deprivation,ect) and then especially additional pheromone usage.

i nursed each son for 10 months each and wouldnt even wear my essential oils until i could pin down patterns of eating/sleeping/ect ( my kids never even settled into patterns until after 1 year!).

a 16 WEEK old baby cannot tell you something bothers them unless they cry.

pinning down a source for the crying was challenging enough without additional sources on my part :magicstick:

sorry, let me introduce myself.

my name is Lor and I was lucky enough to participate in an alternative medicine/herbfarm for many years.

hope my 2 cents helps.

my name is Lor and I was lucky enough to participate in an alternative medicine/herbfarm for many years.

hope my 2 cents helps.

LOR!!!! You're here! YAY!!!

keep in mind synthetic pheromones can keep neurotransmitters "firing" and therefore reduce deep sleep .

an infant breastfeeding has zero choice in what they are exposed to when they are hungry, so i would be more concerned with ANY scent (even totally natural, as natural essential oils can still encourage headaches/allergies/sleep deprivation,ect) and then especially additional pheromone usage.

i nursed each son for 10 months each and wouldnt even wear my essential oils until i could pin down patterns of eating/sleeping/ect ( my kids never even settled into patterns until after 1 year!).

a 16 WEEK old baby cannot tell you something bothers them unless they cry.

pinning down a source for the crying was challenging enough without additional sources on my part ^_^

hope my 2 cents helps.

Hi Lor

Thanks for your advice.

It wasn't so much wearing the perfumes whilst breastfeeding that I was enquiring about, but rather whether they would have any impact on baby ie getting in to my milk. I wouldn't dream of wearing any perfume whilst feeding him, I don't wear perfume atall usually. I breastfed my toddler until he was 2 and love the bond it creates, so it is important to me, I don't want you to think that I am not putting baby first, I am, it is just that (getting personal here) my love life has suffered somewhat since baby was born (tiredness, poor self confidence on my part, body changes etc) so I was just considering on a special evening (anniversary coming up) wearing a pheremone blend or something that made me feel a little sexier and perhaps enticed hubby but my concern was whether wearing it for one evening would cause any harm to baby through my milk. He sleeps through 8pm til 8am (I know that is amazing at 16 weeks) so night feeds are not a problem, I just wouldn't want anything to affect my milk production or seep in to the milk, if you see what I mean?