Shelley B's Honeyed Amber and Musk

katz

I put some of this on yesterday evening, and I can STILL smell it this morning.....I smell like I had a hot night last night!

Don't you just love this one, Dolly ? ordered one to split w/'coffeemama', now just the wait. Congrats on your new level too ! :D

Don't you just love this one, Dolly ? ordered one to split w/'coffeemama', now just the wait. Congrats on your new level too ! :wub:

Thanks hun.....yeah, it is really great....I got a sample of it in my most recent pkg, and it makes me so happy that I ordered a bottle, unsniffed.....I knew I would love it though......I used to make my own blend from amber, honey musk, and vanilla, and it was a good combo, so I KNEW that with the ingredients that the lovely ladies have at their disposal, this would be a winner!

Is it anything like Amber Enchantment which is my current favorite.

I would say no, because this is obscene while Amber Enchantment is sweet and somewhat more innocent.

OH Coffeemamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!! it's here !!!! it'll go out tomorrow !!

liz :D

I too ordered a bottle unsniffed from all the great reviews here, then digging through the samples i have not tried yet i found a sniffeee--yay

I think i will try it tonight - oh what dreams may come!

The only other direct comparison I can think of, in my experience, is Arcana's Queen Crossbones. They both have the honey-Egyptian musk-amber components (although QC has other ingredients too).

A fragrance which is somewhat like the experience, but not exactly, is Alternative Breeding's Prelude, which is coconut-amber musk-myrrh-teakwood.

O turned to baby powder on me, probably because honey and vanilla don't always play well with my chemistry. But I imagine for those people it does work on it might provide the same evocation.

Edited by luna65

Does anyone know if this smells like BPAL's "O"?

Would anyone be willing to sell (or trade) a sample or partial bottle of it?

i did not get my bottle yet but when it comes i would be willing to trade you half of it (i ordered empty bottles from another site but i have to wait for them to come in)

Just as a heads up - i have had horrible luck in trades (on my end) - i got one trade ran over by a bus, and my other two i mixed up the contents of the envelopes but i do make amends when i mess up

I did replace the destroyed items and i am sending out the mixed up items once i get them back, so far the ladies here have been great and patient with my trade jinx

The honey claimed dominance and then let the amber and musk dance. It took a while in the dry down to smell the amber and musk. I agree that this is not an innocent scent, it's a grown up sexy one to be sure. I am very glad I was able to order a full size bottle. This should be rebrewed, simply because the combination of ingredients are so good together.

This should be rebrewed, simply because the combination of ingredients are so good together.

I agree with that! This one is next on the list to have my sweetie sniff......I won't be seeing him for a week, but when I do......it's ON......

i did not get my bottle yet but when it comes i would be willing to trade you half of it (i ordered empty bottles from another site but i have to wait for them to come in)

Thanks so much, Knjsavy! I will post a message to your trading thread about this.

OH Coffeemamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!! it's here !!!! it'll go out tomorrow !!

liz :thumb_up11:

Hey coffeemama, checked UPSP and it reads that the pkg was delivered ? wondering if that means that it was delivered to your town ? or to your residence ? I got your pymt, THX !!

liz, I got my package!!! :J001:

This is soooooo good, I can't wait to wear it tomorrow, I think I'll layer it with some EST...

Coolness !! and congrats on your new level :w00t: !!

I am normally not one that does well with honey. Actually, it usually amps to a sickly sweet and then turns waxy on me. This one, however, is perfectly done. I like it.

Not a full-bottle for me, the honey is still a touch strong for regular wear - but this would be perfect phero cover for a night out on the town. Anyone interested in a bottle split (or even a 4-way split), let me know.

I just realized why I like this so much. This is like a more grown up (sexed up) version of the Body Shop's White Musk perfume oil, which I love. This is sooo much better. Once it dries down on me, it is all musk and amber with the faintest whiff of honey. I changed my mind about the bottle split, I want one all for myself.

Okay Shelley, you will laugh at this, I bet.

As I said, there's another fragrance like this, and the first time I wore it for my Quince he said it made me "smell like a wicked strumpet." But he meant that in a good way, of course, So when I wore this on Friday night, layered on top of one of his other favorites, he sniffed me and said, "Oh you're smelling like a naughty girl again." And I replied, "Yeah, but does it make YOU want to be a naughty boy?" And then he sort of tackled me. ;)

...and he was, he was a very naughty boy!

See even though this makes a great phero cover, I'm sure, the fragrance itself is so sexually suggestive it does, like, at least half the work for you!

I will be testing this one on my darlin's sniffer tonight......will keep you all posted......I personally LOVE it......

Okay Shelley, you will laugh at this, I bet.

As I said, there's another fragrance like this, and the first time I wore it for my Quince he said it made me "smell like a wicked strumpet." But he meant that in a good way, of course, So when I wore this on Friday night, layered on top of one of his other favorites, he sniffed me and said, "Oh you're smelling like a naughty girl again." And I replied, "Yeah, but does it make YOU want to be a naughty boy?" And then he sort of tackled me. :lol:

...and he was, he was a very naughty boy!

See even though this makes a great phero cover, I'm sure, the fragrance itself is so sexually suggestive it does, like, at least half the work for you!

Ok - you are right - I laughed. :-)

Sadly - the DH doesn't like the honey ones and I am a honey ho.

As I huff the HAM on the arm like a drug.

I will be testing this one on my darlin's sniffer tonight......will keep you all posted......I personally LOVE it......

I forgot to update! My sweetie sniffed this one on me, and liked it....said it was sensual....I agree!

• 2 years later...

This is actually fairly similar to "O" on me - I get the warmth and powderiness of the amber, livened up by the tanginess of the honey. It's like it *tries* to be dirty, but it doesn't quite succeed, and it ends up instead as a warm, sensual yet comforting scent. Very nicely done!