Jo Anna's Gilded Gardenia

ivy_fiddlefox

003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif ahhh this is my favorite gardenia perfume ever and everyone better save me a bottle LOL it's interesting cause the blend seems to have a creamy butteriness to it but it must be from the sugar and the type of sweetness that the honey and gardenia has melding together. This smells lickable. Sweet without being too sweet and still has the sheer smoothness of gardenia.

You're killing me Ivy. It sounds like it's just what I was looking for. It's so hard to find a great gardenia scent.

Psst, Southern Gothic...seriously!

Hee hee! I know; however, the combination of everything in that fragrance was too strong for me, not to mention green. My body does not do nice things with green. :D

This is a lovely gardenia, very lush and deep with just a hint of creamy spice. The sweet notes make for a nice anchor, I think, rather than making it too sweet. The honey is especially nice in the wet stage, like I'm smelling a gardenia blossom and there's a bee nearby awaiting his turn.

I had mixed some gardenia oil with Sugared Honeycomb attempting to achieve just this!

Jo Anna you are going to drop from delight!

I had gardenias lining my patio in the tropics, and this is what it smelled like in the warmth of the afternoon.

I had mixed some gardenia oil with Sugared Honeycomb attempting to achieve just this!

I had gardenias lining my patio in the tropics, and this is what it smelled like in the warmth of the afternoon.

Ahh, what a lucky person to have had this scent naturally provided for you at one time. I received my box yesterday and this was the first thing I grabbed. I'm wearing it today and I must say, this is exactly what I had in mind. I wanted to create a location vision with this scent not just another fragrance. I love it!

Oooohhh, this one is wonderful. This is the first gardenia that I have tried that doesn't give me a raging headache. I was leery about the honey, since it does funky things with my skin. The honey is VERY subtle, which is wonderful. Just enough to perfectly complement the vanilla and warm it up.

I am not super familiar with what different flowers smell like so when I put this one on I did not know what to anticipate. After apply this one, I got a total tropical reminder. It reminded me of a creamy pina coladas memory.

This scent is wonderful soft creamy a lil floral and nice and tropic.

Very nice JoANNA!

Anyone wanta split a bottle of this? :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

This is a very pretty white floral, much smoother than some others I've tried. (Sometimes white florals can be a bit strident to my nose.) However, I'm not sure it's really "me".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Revisited this today. On wet it was a nice and slightly greenish flora scent. At dry down, it turned plasticy. My daughter likes this bottle so she can keep this bottle while my spare bottle went to an ex-colleague of mine.

• 1 year later...

This was a sample sent from LP. At first, though lovely, WOW floral! Very forward floral out of the vial. An hour later, still floral but not so in your face. Softer (warmer?) but still floral. It's very nice but not for me for a bottle purchase but I didn't let the sample go to waste! I don't remember ever using up samples before like I have the ones I got from LP. These not only did not sit around for long...they are all gone! Thank you LP!

• 1 year later...

I have received so many compliments lately wearing Jo Anna's Gilded Gardenia. I'm not sure if it was always so beautiful as I traded for this a couple of years ago and was not around for the original release or if aging/my chemistry has added a new spin on it, but this fragrance has been making burly Michael Chiklis type men go misty eyed around me all of a sudden. It's sugary, fresh, slightly creamy, and youthful yet elegant and I easily consider it one of my top 3 favorites.