Voodoo Valentine

Dolly

OK, wet, I get the currants.....strong. Kind of like I got with the first sniff of Sultry Afternoon. After about 30 seconds, it settles down, and I get grapefruit. Very juicy smelling. Then the vanilla comes through a bit, and a touch of a woodsy note. Upon drydown, I get mostly grapefruit, which I like very much, with just light touches of the other notes. A really nice scent for Valentine's Day!

OK, wet, I get the currants.....strong. Kind of like I got with the first sniff of Sultry Afternoon. After about 30 seconds, it settles down, and I get grapefruit. Very juicy smelling. Then the vanilla comes through a bit, and a touch of a woodsy note. Upon drydown, I get mostly grapefruit, which I like very much, with just light touches of the other notes. A really nice scent for Valentine's Day!

Oooh this sounds delicious, cant wait to get my tester I love full bodied currants, and GRAPEFRUIT?! LP scented, is amazing! Way to get me wanting Dolly :D

I LOVE this! I am so glad I went with a full bottle unsniffed! Grapefruit can go all skunky on me, but this one is sparkly and true! The currents give it a rounded feel, and the vanilla and sandalwood give it texture and depth. It is absolutely beautiful! I got it boosted with Blatant Invitation. YUMMMMM!!!

I may cry.

Wet, this was sheer heaven! Grapefruit happiness, tempered with sweet currant, all sexed up with vanilla and sandalwood. I rejoiced! I wanted to roll myself all in it...

After about an hour, however, it turned to detergent city. Soapy sudsy ickles. Must be one of the bases, probably the sandalwood.

<sigh> I wept openly.

It's da bomb if your skin plays nice. Mine I will keep to put in my scent locket. But dreams of a big bottle are dashed.

I'm dying to sample this, but trying very hard to give each sample their 'due'. But, oddly the whiff I did take put smile on my face, I'm not a huge fan of currants. Love the label !

The grapefruit was very strong for me and then finally the red current and vanilla chimed in. Actually, this ended up being a happy type of fragrance to wear.

I concur prettythings, this too has turned out to be very happy type fragrance for me...of course I liked it in the bottle too.

I love Voodoo Valentine. I’m glad I got a full sized bottle. Upon first application I get the Sultry Afternoon vibe just like Dolly said. It’s bright and fresh and in your face. I think it's the combination of the currants and grapefruit. After dry down I get the vanilla and sandlewood with a lingering grapefruit effect. This scent has a sexy vibe to it. I will be buying another bottle soon.

Wet, this was wet juicy berries and freshly cut grapefruit. After it dried down, I could no longer smell the berries. All I got was unsweetened yellow grapefruit (I am sure this was my skin, not the scent). After an hour it was gone and I was left with the faintest whisper of incense where my test spot was.

I'm dying to sample this, but trying very hard to give each sample their 'due'. But, oddly the whiff I did take put smile on my face, I'm not a huge fan of currants. Love the label !

I like this one, the 'currants' didn't overwhelm me and enjoyed the grapefruit, either it didn't last or I didn't dab enough on. I'll try it again this weekend.

eta: broke my sample last night, THEN it fell in my shoe :blink: , curses !

Edited by liz

I get yellow grapefruit with something in the background (i can't identify what the something is). It is a very soft scent on me, maybe i need to slather some more on

Nice but not sure if it is a love it for me - heck i got a whole bottle to try again

update: i didn't need more i just needed to wait this bloomed and wow - it is sweet musk and incense with the currants making the grapefruit a nice red grapefruit deep smell but you don't smell fruity - you smell wonderful - once again the ladies don't disappoint

Edited by knjsavy

Intitially the tangyness of the currents reminds me so much of Love at First Bite, but then the grapefruit actually amps this up on me to a real vitality aura, like when I need to WAKE UP I would wear this. There isn't much sweetness for me in the drydown, just a smooth bed for those two notes to lay on, as it were. But the overall experience isn't sour or skunky, just very tart.

Today I am trying this one on the sleeves of my sweater, so it won't touch my skin. Four hours in and it is still the gorgeous grapefruit and rich currant, with just a touch of warm sweetness. I really love this one. Like others have said, grapefruit is a huge mood elevator, and it is a bright, forward scent all way around.

I like this one, the 'currants' didn't overwhelm me and enjoyed the grapefruit, either it didn't last or I didn't dab enough on. I'll try it again this weekend.

eta: broke my sample last night, THEN it fell in my shoe :wub: , curses !

Awww Liz, :angelstar-kaos058: :angelstar-kaos058: I am so sorry!!! I will send you my sample since I got a bottle! Wanna request an email exchange? I am shipping alot of others tomorrow and I would love for you to have it!

Awww Liz, :angelstar-kaos058: :angelstar-kaos058: I am so sorry!!! I will send you my sample since I got a bottle! Wanna request an email exchange? I am shipping alot of others tomorrow and I would love for you to have it!

I just saw this TG and that would be very nice, but I asked 'the ladies' to sent me one as a forum member freebie. Thank you for offering. I'm considering a full sz btl.

This one is making me sooo sad! I can smell the yummy grapefruit but either the sandalwood or my skin is putting a smell overtop that just doesnt work with the grapefruit on me.

LOVELY scent otherwise. In the vial YUM! on me...:(

• 3 weeks later...

Very grapefruity and a nice touch of sweetness. And now that you mention it, yeah currants too. It's nice and fresh but with teh exception of a few favorite perfumes that happen to have citrus in them like some lime scents(which aren't as bad) Fairy lure, and BPAL cheshire cat, I try to stay away from grapefruit scents.I must have some synthasasia (sp?) thing going on cause I have problems with heartburn alot and citruses, especially grapefruit, even if it's just the scent makes me feel heartburn. It's really weird.

• 8 months later...

Now this is a Valentine's day scent: juicy, dark and seductive. Like in Smokey Kisses, the rose isn't overpowering, just a deep voluptuous undertone to the delicious currants. I definitely get the sweet vanilla too, all sexed up by the sandalwood. I'm not really getting grapefruit; blended with the other notes it really comes out on my skin as blood orange, which I LOVE; definitely not citrus cleaner like it's come out as in past candle-sniffing experiences. Whether or not I have a date this coming Valentine's day, I'll make a date with this one :)

Edited by Invidiana

• 2 months later...

i know it was intended for the ladies, but luna sent me a sniffie and i like it. i get grapefruit with a hint of vanilla, but more than the scent i like the effects. i felt kinda bubbly today (lots of smiling and laughing) and i got some attention, too. at one point, i caught four or five of my co-workers standing around (i mean, like, close to) me with goofy grins on their faces. too bad it is sold out, though.

• 1 year later...

This is AWESOME as a car freshener!!! Seriously, if you have it & something to diffuse it with in the car, I say do it! I arrived @ my 8 am class alert & in a great mood, even though we had a test that I wasn't looking forward to.

• 1 year later...

This is so juicy and cheerful. On wet, the grapeful and currants sing the same tune and on drydown, the currants took a heavy punch in the stomach and retreated. I'm not much of a grapefruit person but I'll keep my sample for days when I need a scent to lift my spirits.