Scarlet Silk

coffeemama

O.K. let me start by saying that this one of the blends I was kinda ho-hum about, it didn't really jump out at me, but it came as part of the sampler so I had to try it.

WOW.

This smells like silk. I don't know how they did it.

Wet it smells almost aquatic, but not. As it dries it smells like silk looks, smooth & silken. After a while there is sweetness coming through with a very dry cinnamon, which is good for me since my skin tends to amp cinnamon.

Scarlet Silk is a gorgeous scent.

Ditto ! This one didn't call my attention in the least, but this a.m. I opened the sample and was pleasantly surprised, wore to work and kept smelling myself all day, I'm not sure what it is that I'm smelling (got to read the description), but I really like it, even a 'stuck up' atty complimented me :D !

Well, you enablers have convinced me! This is going in the next order.

Why you sneaky little minx!

Well, it's chock full of cinnamon!!! And COMPLETELY different than I might have imagined. Smooth and glossy, with a vague undertone of swirling colors just under the surface. In some ways very traditional, but not old-fashioned.

Today I have several on (YEE HAW IT'S SAMPLE TIME) but I keep whuffling this one...

I wore this today & I don't know if I carried myself differently or if it was the smell of the perfume, but I was told that I'm a "hottie" by two guys I was talking to, a girl who is generally unpleasant was very chatty with me today, & a random guy next to me was staring at me & I asked him if he needed something, he said "no" & continued to stare. Did I mention that this smells amazing on me? :blink:

Edited by coffeemama

This one truly smells likes silk. I must say I was expecting red hot cinnamon with a coating of silk. What this smells like to me is silky silk with a hint of cinnamon. Unfortunately, this scent doesn't work for me. :wub:

I am inexplicably in love with this one. When I wear it I can't stop huffing my arm, there is something smooth and deep under the surface that I just want to bury myself in. If you asked me what it is, I wouldn't be able to say...

DH likes it (on me - not for himself) so I may begin a hoarding campaign.

I had pretty high hopes for this one, and in the bottle, it smelled FABULOUS!

Soft, silky, and also sexy.

But I put it on my skin, and,.....GONE!

My skin totally ate it and all that was left was the mildest of mild linen scents that i had to press my nose to my wrist and huff to even catch a trace of.

Asked my hubby to give me a sniff, too, and he didn't smell anything at all :(

I hate when my skin eats oils!!! Bah.

:w00t:

Okay this is the weirdest darn thing.

One, I don't get any cinnamon. At all. Despite the presence of four different kinds, fer chrissakes! Two, the cloth accord ends up smelling...just like CKOne on me. Even more than CFM reminded me of that fragrance. It's crazy!

Edited by luna65

I'm not very good at describing the different things in scents, but I know I LOVE this one! :) The cinnamon is intoxicating to me LOL. And I did get several compliments when I wore it, so it isn't just me. I had to order a big bottle of this one. :)

I don't know what happened, but by about the third or fourth day of wearing this, it started having an odd powdery type odor to it after a few hours of applying it. The cinnamon disappeared. :) I'm bummed because I really liked this a lot.

I wish I'd had Jo Anna's reaction. Mine was more like Luna's. This was very nice in the vial and fresh on the skin, reminded me of what well-worn muslin might be like, never experienced anything quite like it. This changes quickly to this overwhelmingly dry, lily-like battleaxe of a fragrance that reminds me of stuff like CK One. I suppose this is a good example of an aldehydic, but do correct me on that if any of you know better. It was liked on me, but not by me. Swap candidate.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but I ended up getting a subtle, sweet, and clean scent. I don't think it was powdery on me (and I think my skin might bring that out in a lot of scents), and even though it wasn't listed in the ingredients, it smelled a little like berries or fruit to me.

I like it.

• 3 months later...

I admit I didn't love this in the vial or wet, but it seduced me very quickly. The scent gives me a major boost... at least as much as any phero! I haven't experienced that with any LP (except the unexpectedly, counter-intuitively horny-making Fairy Massacre, which I still suspect of being secretly laced with cops :lol: ).

This is making me swish my hips a little extra bit when I walk :lol: and I feel very woman hear me roar.

It feels extremely expensive and luxe, in an old-money, Gstaad/Monaco/yachting around the Greek islands kind of way. (I mean this as a compliment) I'm having dinner tomorrow with a celebrity/socialite crowd and will definitely be busting this out :(

I have a silk-linen blouse and this does smell incredibly precisely like that blouse - NO idea how one does that with an oil - M+D really are magicians.

My skin usually amps cinnamon like crazy, but I get NO cinnamon whatsoever at any stage, not even in the vial.

even though it wasn't listed in the ingredients, it smelled a little like berries or fruit to me.

Me too!! It "feels" a lot like Pillow Patter to me. After drydown I also get some floral that I can't put my finger on, way in the background ... something akin to stargazer lily perhaps but not exactly.

Oh crap, I notice this is on sale... AUGH

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

Wore this one last night for bed - I hadn't worn it in a long while and forgot how smooth and silky and slinky it is! I never would think that cinnamon could be so smooooooth...cinnamon usually hits my nose like a hammer (in a good way) but this is sleek and silky.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The funny thing is that I didn't get the cinnamon in this. It turned out to be a a lightly creamy and slightly sugary scent on my skin. I'll probably keep my sample for future reference.

The funny thing is that I didn't get the cinnamon in this. It turned out to be a a lightly creamy and slightly sugary scent on my skin. I'll probably keep my sample for future reference.

The cinnamon that I get is very faint and usually fades off, leaving me with a delicious sugary linen smell. Not that awful "sun-dried linen" that companies make with migraine inducing citrus and barely any linen smell - just delicious linen. It's sexy and I can't get enough of the linen note that LP uses!

• 1 year later...

I'm so sad this is all sold out and archived... I got so excited when I read the description, but was a day or two too late :(... time to brainstorm a PE I believe

A PE is always a good idea! But you can still check the trade page, if there is some Scarlet Silk available. As for me, I find Pillow Patter quite close to Scarlet Silk. Pillow Patter is still available.

• 5 months later...

I got this in a trade and I absolutely love this, its cinnamon at its very best, its just a very classy scent that lasts forever on me. I love how after about an hour it becomes very creamy and wraps me in a silk blanket kind of feel.... its a keeper that is for sure