Valentine Queen

therapygirl

Ok I've got to give a plug for this one, because she isn't getting alot of attention. This is a surprise winner for me. With all the wonderful descriptions and artwork I tended not to have alot of hope for this one. Boy was I wrong! It is crisp and clear and sweet. I LOVE bergamot, and it dances with the jasmine, lavender and grape beautifully. The sugar and cream give it depth but don't feel like a major part of the mix it. It has great throw too!

The Queen is regal and serene. Approachable, a touch sophisticated. Stately but sincere.

I had this on last night, and after a bit it mingled with Soiled Dove - it was a really breathtaking combo!

Lots of relaxing florals in here, which seem to dominate, but it's well blended. Ivy - the blackberry doesn't jump out at me, no. Tea is minimal as well, or my skin would revolt on me and it has not. I just reapplied so I can tell more about the drydown in a little while.

This is beyond pink sugar goodness, it's fushia sweetness with lovely florals and tea with light creamy goodness the jam and wine are perfect and not over the top. The lavendar is lovely and drifts in and out of this blend.

The intent worked most excellent also - i was having a trying a day and after putting this on and huffing away i became calm and happier, it is definitely helping me relax and unwind

I am so glad i got a bottle of this as i love it, love it :rolleyes::) :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

WOW me likey! My ladies you are brilliant at this perfume crafting!

This scent reminds me of a yummy scented shampoo (I knowfor some this commetn may not do this justice). But I love when you get a new shampoo and you get a whiff of your hair and you are like, OMG mmmmm! That is exactly what I get with this. I love it! I cant even try to pick up the scent notes but it is gooood!

Onto my wishlist this scent goes!

Well, there is no true "jasmine tea" leaf.

There are herbal preparations, oolongs, but all of those are prepared with or including Jasmine Flowers, Jasmine flower and jasmine oil, or jasmine oil added to the tea or other herbs.

The Jasmine Tea note I used in this is a secret (shhhh) but, I will tell you that it is based off many many hours of blending based off of three of my favorite jasmine infused teas, one green, one oolong and one a pure jasmine white.

It's just one blend in this perfume, I'm quite proud of it.

Thanks!

SG

I am an insufferable tea snob - and very particular about my jasmine pearls - with the very lightest oolong oxidation...gently wrapped about a single sambac bud.

I'll give the Queen a solo trial to appreciate Danna's artistry there...

I usually avoid tea notes as they seem to be Tide detergent notes on me more often than not...I have high hopes.

Thanks for the insight, Danna! I adore jasmine tea, and for many years I've been in search of the perfect jasmine tea scent, only to be disappointed time and time again because the perfume was not evocative of the delicate infused tea I love but--here is tea. Also, here is the flower jasmine.

I just wanted to verify so I wouldn't get my hopes up, but you completely blew me out of my seat. =D

Now I'm dying to try this, especially since this was already my favorite release with its wonderful whimsy.

I'm also tempted to beg that you incorporate that jasmine tea blend into its own major release! <3

Edited by cinderfallen

this had no creaminess to it at all on me. it was mostly a lovely, soft floral with a bit of sweet blackberry to it once it dried down.

very pretty, feminine, and lovely.

i wore it today for the valentine's party at work(school) and all the kids were telling me how good i smelled...so, i guess it's a winner!

only drawback is it didn't last too long and i had to reapply about three hours into the day.

I tried this last night. Now my nose is currently on strike, so I hesitate as to the accuracy here...

This is a stately fragrance to me. I do get a faint "tea-ness" but not a shouting LIPTON. That is good. Floral, with a bit of dry berry - not squishy, but high and dry and firm.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly this is all jasmine on me, none of the sweet elements. And jasmine doesn't always like me. :happybirthday:

But in the vial I get the blackberry which is so very nice!

• 1 month later...

Ok, lately I've had people telling my I had my expectations set too high, just as a default. (Haha, I'm a perfectionist, my standards are even stricter when it comes to myself!) But. Okay?

This totally met and exceeded those expectations. <333 So much love for this blend! It's exactly how I pictured it'd be, with a hint of rose and sweetness and just the lightest, lightest touch of blackberry jam that doesn't tip this to the too-foody side of gourmand. I love the hint of jasmine tea I get, too. I think this will be my replacement for the original Love Potion Pink.

(Danna, amazing job! This and Southern Gothic is just fabulous!)

Ok, lately I've had people telling my I had my expectations set too high, just as a default. (Haha, I'm a perfectionist, my standards are even stricter when it comes to myself!) But. Okay?

This totally met and exceeded those expectations. <333 So much love for this blend! It's exactly how I pictured it'd be, with a hint of rose and sweetness and just the lightest, lightest touch of blackberry jam that doesn't tip this to the too-foody side of gourmand. I love the hint of jasmine tea I get, too. I think this will be my replacement for the original Love Potion Pink.

(Danna, amazing job! This and Southern Gothic is just fabulous!)

Thank you sweets- that means so much!

• 6 months later...

I can't believe I didn't review this before. I actually fell in love w/ it, after smelling the sample Djac gifted to Sugar. Pony gifted me a bottle & I'm absolutely in love. It has to be that Jasmine Tea note SG specially blended. I would love to get my hands on a blend featuring that!

I just had to say that I've been wearing Valentine Queen to bed the last couple nights and having the best rest. The first night, I had the best dreams! It was the feeling I got from the scent, very light and airy, and it followed into my sense of well-being. And in those midnight moments when you get to the edge of waking but not quite? I'd smell the light, rosy-sweet scent of Valentine Queen and know that was why I was feeling so nice. I always have epic adventure story dreams, semi-lucid in that nothing bad ever happens--everything feels like I'm watching a movie, a fun one--but these nights have been especially good and riveting. (I've been sleeping in to find out what happens next!)

Sometimes I wish I could find a layering note so I could make it more vanilla/creamy/full-bodied, uh...a little more like the original LP: Pink (hint hint! lol) but that'd just be adding a pleasant extra to an already rocking 'fume. Right now, this is definitely my favorite LP blend.

Thanks for the good dreams, Danna. This scent makes me smile. :blink:

Edited by cinderfallen

There are some things I'd definitely rather smell than taste, and lavender wine is one of them. I'm sure it tastes like bath oil (I tried lavender chocolate once...yech), but it sure smells heavenly. The fact that the tea is jasmine tea adds a sexy, feminine touch. As it dries down I get more of the purplish fruitiness of the blackberry and the added sweetness and depth of the sugar and cream. Valentine Queen is a sophisticated and ladylike scent that is at the same time relaxing and sweet. :)

• 1 month later...

Generally speaking, I don't like tea. It tastes odd and bland :Polar-pressie: same with coffee. I need copious amount of cream and sugar to be able to drink either, but I love the smell of both.

I generally go for straight foody scents, but this blend is so pretty and delicate and feminine and sweet. It's perfumey and refined without being cloying. VERY lovely blend... adore it :Xmas-Hug:

• 2 months later...

Crazy about this one. Who would think to mix blackberry and jasmine?? which are the predominant notes on me after a while, and which are a divine combination. I am usually a little wary of jasmine, its huge head, its potentially room-clearing throw, but in this one it is secretive and demure and very well behaved ;) . It doesn't seem possible from the notes, but this one is not bombastic, it feels calm and self-assured and quietly dignified. It is strangely imagination-stirring and inspiring.

ETA I have it on again now - a P91-boosted version - and maybe it's partly the experimone, but I do feel like a queen. I feel I am (or should be) sitting on a large velvet pillow, wearing layers of exquisitely tailored, embroidered, multi-jewel-colored silk, sipping tea, and eating shortbread cookies that have blackberry jam on them. VERY REGAL.

Edited by tyvey

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been taking my sniffee out of my daughter's box quite often recently, in anticipation of a bottle from TG. Yeah, a full bottle for me and a sniffee for my daughter! Lol .... okay, I shall refill her vial whenever she needs to.