Betrothal Potion 2009

therapygirl

Betrothal Potion 2009

A simply gorgeous, delicately feminine perfume potion with a very specific purpose...for the marriage minded amongst us! The ingredients in this potion have come down in folklore throughout the ages as those that put men into a 'marital' frame of mind. This potion tends to bring out the chivalrous side of men, and seems to inspire in them the desire to treat you like a treasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, love, fertility, luck.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
NEROLI ~ Relieves tension and anxiety.
SWEET DILL ~ Attracts women, love, protection of the home, affluence, good fortune.
SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, courage, strength.
PANSY ~ Draws love, ensures your lover will think of you when separated, divination.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BASIL ~ Love, fidelity, empathy between lovers.
PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Adore Betrothal Potion! This one smells EXACTLY like fresh cut flowers! It is pure florals and crisp green freshly snipped stems! Gorgeous!

• 1 month later...

everytime i smell this in the bottle i am overwhelmed with the scent memory of a florist shop. all the greenery and flowers mingled together with the chill of the cooler where they keep the fresh cut flowers. it's incredible how identitcal the perfume smells like a florist store.

on my skin it becomes somewhat of a warmer, more gentle smell of intermingled flowers. to my naive nose, it simply becomes sweeter floral with more depth.

very beautiful, somewhat delicate, extremely feminine.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not usually a fan of green florals (they tend to go soapy on me), but this is very pretty.

The daffodil is the strongest note on my skin; as it dries down, Betrothal becomes less stem-green and eventually settles into a well-balanced floral.

This is bright, fresh, and feminine - however, it is not a shy and retreating fragrance. It has a soft feel to it, but the throw is pretty impressive for this type of scent.

• 2 years later...

This one's mainly Daffodil on me, but when I huff I can get a little bit of dill and some peach to poke out. If this one had more orange or peach coming out on my skin, it'd be a keeper for me, but I think I'll test this one more time and let it go to a more appreciative home. I will say however that this does smell exactly like fresh flowers. I wish that there was some more herb smells to it, maybe some mint. Flowers and me just don't seem to get along that great in terms of perfume.

I love this one too, and I'm not a huge fan of florals. I'm very picky about them and this is one of the very few that I care anything for.

We need it's opposite: a deep, dark, heavy funeral flowers scent. :vampire:

• 7 months later...

This smells exactly like those little bathroom cones with the gel stuff, i remember exactly cuz i used to like playing with those when i was a kid and fuck up the squishy scent base to it cuz it was all slimy and cool! It was called april rain or something like that :B

after it dries down it invokes a memory of when i was a kid in canada in the summer time getting all MEGA TAN, everyone had such nice yards and fence gardens and i would go into their garden and steal all the pretty flowers like a little shit then run away before anyone notices and make little bouquets for my grandmother who was still in alaska.

So like its all artificial greeny in the beginning and it starts to calm down in the middle and now its just white carnations in the end. Very subtle even tho it just kinda floats around the application area.

WAIT A MINUTE THIS FUCKER HAS SOME THROW!

I cant for some reason smell it at the application spot but its this huuuuge cloud around me, i just realized this :lol: it smells like theres some crazy fragrant flowers all over my room---you have no idea how neat i think this is even tho i already know about the throws some of these have

On me its alright, im a little iffy on the intent of this so i dont wear it out because im too young to get betrothed haha

Its cool but i wont reach for it cuz im too young! the intent of forever committed scares me! :fright04238:

The intent will only work if you want it to. ;) It's not like you could wear it and get a proposal from a random person.

I never intend to get married again and I like to wear the recent version, it's a classic floral for people who don't like florals.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, no big surprise as it's floral, but this one doesn't work for me. I got it as a freebie, and I didn't look it up before testing, so I had no idea what to expect. It is straight-up floral to me, and like A2F mentioned, it has alot of throw. I'm finding that with LP I'm liking alot of things I never thought I would, including some florals. Sadly, this isn't one of those. If you iike floral scents, however, you will love this one!

I'm not usually a fan of florals, especially green florals but I like this one a lot!

This is how I feel about it too; I've always considered it A Floral For People Who Don't Like Florals.

It's a loud floral with a greeny edge on me. It screams spring and youth. If you're going to go floral, just go all the way with this.

It's so great with EOW. I bet it will pair well with Aja too.

• 4 months later...

I can't believe I am just now trying this. I didn't expect to like it but I do! It is a really fresh and clean floral, to me it is in the same category as Sneaky Clean, though Betrothal has a lot more nuance.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

This is so pretty! I used it last night to cover up Bewitching Hour (which was NOT for me!), and it worked very well! I wound up using up my li'l sample of it and I'm slightly upset about that, although I have the newer version too and it doesn't smell much different to me. :/ 

In my Grandma's garden, she used to grow Columbine flowers, and at some point she taught me that if you nibble off the little ends of the petals, you can then suck out the nectar. And it. is. delicious. That's what this reminds me of. It smells like the way that nectar tastes.