Wine & Dead Roses

sultry brunette

Wet, I was not at all impressed with this one. I got really strong wine. After it dried and had some time to blend with my skin, I love it. The rose is definitely there, but soft and powdery on me. I can smell some dark resins in the background. I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

This one went really wonky with my chemistry, so I am not going to do a detailed review.....but I would just like to say that I am happy that my full bottle found a good home, thanks to Brunette!

• 2 months later...

Contrary to what I thought would happen, this does not stink. The wine is very soft on my skin and quickly yields to equally soft roses with a tinge of booze. Not really any earth at all - if there's anything extra going on, it's the spices. Really nice, a gently seductive scent. My sinuses don't like it too well, but I do, so I may have to get a bottle before long.

• 5 months later...

Wine & Dead Roses is normally a scent that I wear at home/bedtime. But today I was feeling the pull of Der Gawthe (thanks, Luna), so I put it on.

It is a beautiful scent - softly rose with just a dusting of earth to add some depth. The "wine" is very subtle when wet, at least for me, and just keeps the rose from being "bright" - quiets it to a whisper.

My coworker declared that it was gorgeous, but when I told her the name she recoiled at the "dead" moniker...she has very delicate sensibilities. I may decant her a vial, but alter the name a tad....although that just feels wrong.

Edited by Pony

:lol:

My mom had the same reaction when I gave her of a bottle of Goth Rosary's Funeral Flowers lotion (because she loves white florals). She said, "Why would you name something that?!"

• 2 months later...

I was skeptical of this at first because I was afraid of the "dead roses", but this isn't any rancid rose scent. It's really more like "Wine and Black Roses" because it's all potent, sweet and bloody wine with deep, dark velvety roses. This is going to be a bottle for sure!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

STRONG RED WINE to begin with, 30 seconda later morphed into a subtle rose flavoured red wine.... Slightly powdery on me too :) I rolled my whole lower arm... and I LOVE IT :J005: its VERY LIGHT and fluffy... imagine getting a whiff of red wine... this is what it reminds me of :J005:

I LOVE IT :J005: IT LURES PEOPLE TO SNIFF YOU!! :D

• 1 year later...

This was very strong red wine on me at first, and I LOVED it. There was a wonderful spiciness to it that I just couldnt get enough of. The dry down goes to soft roses and florals, which is still ok but I liked it wet better. A very intriguing potion this one! I am looking for something to layer with Closer, and I think this one would do well with it!

• 11 months later...

This is GORGEOUS. A beautiful, fragrant rose with just a wisp of something else underneath -- I could live with this forever. DD -- she's such a sweetie! -- sent me a sample vial of this and I cannot believe I never tried this before. I guess the name steered me away, which is unfortunate because the name and fragrance are so light years apart. The wine is well-controlled, the rose not the least bit funereal.

I am so so sad this is no longer available in fb size.

Edited by Just Ducky