New Releases for FEBRUARY 2009

Potion Master

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kiefer_sutherland_09.jpg

How's that...clues? clues? :)

OOOHHHHH !!!! That ought to bring her down to her knees !!!! Come on SG !! spill it !!

* as she types on her knees*

eta: curses !! she saw him and she didn't cave ! wonder if he's wearing underwear under that towel ?

Edited by liz

Oh no :) , please don't let it be "green beer".... :blue_dancing_banana: lol...

That's too funny I was just thinking the same thing !! then I remembered the day after the last time I drank green beer, ugh !

I'm thinking LP Pink return should be fun! And I KNEW it was coming back. I had a tingly feeling just yesterday on this.

*scampers off to read the LP Pink page for details*

When they hinted at it coming back I figured it was March releases at best... BUT THIS MONTH?!!!! OMG AMAZING!! :blush:

I went and read the page on it. It looks positively yummy. I'll get a sample just to be sure I do love it, but I'm looking forward to it. Sorceress looks interesting too.

technically it is a 'march' release but in feb. which is better!

Edited by starlitegirl

Really..not even for THIS???

2.jpg

Damn, it's so weird seeing this pic of him when I'm watching him now on 24. Must say, I kind of think he's even hotter now, but it might just be the sexy, take charge, kick butt factor of Jack Bauer. So much sexy and hotness with a side order of in control. Yum

And Sinister laughs herself silly watching us spin!

I've pondered Hoyden a bit (of course) and wondered if it were a more masculine type of Kittenish? See...the ribbon is blue, kitteh's eyes are blue..but then, we already have the men's scent in Sorcerer..so..

And what about the Bacchinalia? Is it going to be wine-laden? I mean, it *has* to be, right? Or...

Man I can't wait to hear more!!

I was trying to speculate earlier and I would think that it would be one that they didn't have in a current blend. So I was thinking popularity potion might make the most sense. Then I also thought intellectual but that's in one right now, though I don't think it's a big seller. But they're also very good with using a little of this and that to give something outside the phero blends like with sexology. So that might be it. Or it could be Dominance for Sorceress and some sort of counterpart for the men. I'm very curious to see about the phero and also the scent. LP pink is the only one I know. The rest, it's hard to even guess.

Okay, here are my guesses:

Hummingbird nectar - Sugar! And other things but it's got sugar! Hummingbird nectar recipe

Hummingbird Nectar Recipe

Directions for making safe hummingbird food:

• Mix 1 part sugar with 4 parts water and bring to a boil to kill any bacteria or mold present.
  • Cool and fill feeder.
  • Extra sugar water may be stored in a refrigerator.
  • Red dye should not be added.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bacchanalia - bacchanalia link

Roman history: The bacchanalia were wild and mystic festivals of the Roman god Bacchus (Dionysus in Greek).

Introduced into Rome from lower Italy by way of Etruria (c. 200 BC), the bacchanalia were originally held in secret and only attended by women. The festivals occurred in the grove of Simila near the Aventine Hill on March 16 and March 17. Later, admission to the rites was extended to men, and celebrations took place five times a month. According to Livy, the extension happened in an era when the leader of the Bacchus cult was Paculla Annia—though it is now believed that some men had participated before that.

Probably has some kind of wine. Might have scents that are representative of that era and roman culture. Wine is the most prevalent thing that comes to mind as well as berries and fruits.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know, but it's green...

A green scent, maybe something with something that pays some homage to St. Patrick's Day. But I'm not thinking really green. Some woods and something with a liquor component.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Flower of the Beast

Dragon flower!

Calla Lily - Black calla lily! So that's a major component I'm guessing.

La Fleur Cremeuse

Creamy Flower is the translation. So... a creamy floral

Shady Lady

Hmmm? Sexy female scent. Beyond that I've got nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Flower of Venus Flower of Venus is a rose!

In ancient Rome...the rose was known as the Flower of Venus and lent itself ultimately as an instrument of worship represented by the rosary. And this is only the beginning.

Loveliest of flowers...guarded by cruel thorns...the rose symbolized both heavenly perfection and earthly passion...both fertility and virginity. Voluptuous and sensual...the red rose was also known as the flower of Aphrodite...goddess of love. The white rose...on the other hand...was recognized as the flower of light...as innocence and chastity. Red and white roses together represent the unification of opposites. The Mystic Rose (a rose without thorns) symbolizes eternal spring. Its center was the sun...it's petals were the many harmonies of nature.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hoyden Dictionary definition

Main Entry:hoy·denFunction:noun

: a girl or woman of saucy, boisterous, or carefree behavior

The kitteh doesn't really match the name. So maybe it's softened a bit possibly with something creamy because there's a kitteh. The kitteh is playing with the rope. So something saucy, carefree, and playful? But not as 'sexy' as Shady Lady. Might not even have any 'sexy' scents in it. So no musk or honey is what I'm thinking. Aromas that are more playful but also spunky and carefree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorceress magical meanings of ingredients

pheromone enhanced power potion? Hmm? Magical qualities that increase personal power and possibly some sexual undercurrent. Could also be for psychic power increase given that it's sorceress. I'm thinking here are some possible components but I think the base might be might be something a scent that isn't as odd as mugwort.

AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.

CARNATION ~ Power, energy, protection.

DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.

BLADDERWRACK and KELP ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

DANDELION ~ Promotes psychic powers; aids in psychic communication, wishes.

GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.

LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.

MUGWORT ~ Love, fertility, preserves youthful beauty, psychic power, protection, prophetic dreams, healing, astral projection.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, psychic powers.

THYME ~ Protection from negativity, rejuvenating. Health, healing, sleep, psychic power enhancement, love, purification, courage.

------------------------------------------------------------

Those are my guesses.

Edited by starlitegirl

I'm not big on florals, so for me this month is most likely just LP Pink and maybe shady lady and hoyden. Sorceress depends on what's in it. Hummingbird nectar has me curious, but I suspect there might be some florals in it.

I do want to buy a bottle of Popularity Potion and another of C&J TT so far. Fairly certain I'll get LP Pink. Then I'll have to see the other ingredients in the other ones.

Now that I've got so many that I love, I seem to be slowing down on my purchases, but also because I know what works and doesn't work for me. I was thinking about getting cuddle bunny and soulmate but with no guy and me not even dating, it seems sort of silly. I can always get them later. So now I'm mostly getting pheros that aren't sexual in nature unless they are in a scent I love because that's like a 2 for 1 deal :D

At least I feel less guilty now about how much I was buying. Now I just get ones I really like a lot. In this economy, I'm trying to be more realistic about what I actually use because I feel buyers guilt when I buy lots.

This month i am going to attempt to be more prudent, i'll start with the sample pack and go from there (and maybe one bottle) i definitely want Lp Pink but i just have to get better with the timing of my purchases, i buy, buy again and then turn around and buy again - arrghhh the life of an addict

This month i am going to attempt to be more prudent, i'll start with the sample pack and go from there (and maybe one bottle) i definitely want Lp Pink but i just have to get better with the timing of my purchases, i buy, buy again and then turn around and buy again - arrghhh the life of an addict

OMG! You're my twin! That's what I was doing, and it was so confusing for them I think because I'd have a bottle here and a bottle there. So I'm going to wait for this new round of releases then place an order with the bottles and samples I want. And then wait and hold till next round. Otherwise it's just sheer insanity or a bottle here and there. This way, I can just sit on my fingers and wait until I have one good size order. It also forces me to pay attention to how much I'm spending and I look at my order to see if I'm being silly with purchases, like what do I really need a sexy phero for if I don't have a guy? Makes zero sense unless I love the scent in which case, totally different.

like what do I really need a sexy phero for if I don't have a guy? Makes zero sense unless I love the scent in which case, totally different.

I get what you're saying, but it actually is good for the imagination and the mood, y'know?

Okay, here are my guesses:

Those are my guesses.

WOW !!!! You've been busy starlitegirl !!!

Re: Hummingbirds and feeding them - Such a weird thing - I've been trying to put up a hummingbird feeder *forever* at my place- they all end up leaking and I have to get rid of them due to the sugar water attracting ants... Last one I bought was glass, screwed into a sturdy plastic base...not ONE minute after I put it up, the glass neck sheared completely off!! I stood there with my mouth open watching the sugar water go everywhere...

My boys would love to be able to watch the little buzzers drink up, and so would I but... :cry:

confounded!

*gets popcorn and watches everyone go nuts*

hehehehehehehe.

But you are all wrong.

heheheheheh.

Ok, sort of, but not really but, really mostly wrong and some SO wrong it's funny.

Ok, back to work! LOL

oh... you're having WAY TOO MUCH FUN :cry:

eta: I can't spell

Edited by liz

Hey CC.... do you think SG will 'blab' if she get's 'looped' ? How about it SG, join me/us for shot or three ?? hmmm ? put the lime in the coconut....lalalala.

Edited by liz

*gets popcorn and watches everyone go nuts*

hehehehehehehe.

But you are all wrong.

heheheheheh.

Ok, sort of, but not really but, really mostly wrong and some SO wrong it's funny.

Ok, back to work! LOL

I'm mostly wrong? Seriously? No, I can't be *that* far off. Maybe with a few but you ladies always do names that fit from what I can see.

Okay if some are so wrong, I'll say Shady Lady, I don't know but it's green, and Hoyden might be really off in the scents I guessed. Sorceress I still think is going to have personal power and maybe personal psychic power elements given it's a sorceress. Not sure what the phero would be though. Something empowering I would imagine which is why I guess dominance since there's no dominance - or some home blended option that's got some element of dominance. Nothing sexual though. That wouldn't make sense unless your going for dark sex magic or something. *shrugs*

And I might be off on the ingredients for Bacchanalia depending on how M&D envisioned it. But I think I'm close with the others.

No hints or clues? I'm still sticking with my guesses even if they are so wrong, because I don't think they are completely wildly wrong. Maybe just headed down the wrong path. *shrugs*

She's apparently earned her name "Sinister Girl"... Although, I do have to agree that it is fun watching this thread. I am just patiently waiting for the descriptions. Being on the prepaid subscription I am a little more patient than I used to be - I know that they are coming one way or another.

That said, I am curious at who is "so far off it's funny". This has definatley got to be more entertaining from SG's seat than from mine. :)

Last year I took a crack at guessing one of the months based on the artwork and names and Danna was so funny, she was all, "Luna, have you been spying on us?" :)

Although I turned out to be wrong on about half of what I did guess, heh. It's all in fun, I figure.