How long before having to reapply?

SWBookworm

I was just wondering about how long pheros last on the skin (potency-wise)? I can smell them in the morning if I've applied them at night (kind of a chemical smell, but not) but I don't know if that's just residue. Any input would be most appreciated!

I think it tends to depend on how long anything would last on your skin. Some people have skin that "eats" perfume, for example. But in my experience the pheromone components will always outlast the fragrance itself. Another factor is where you applied and how much. Normally, given that I apply to my wrists, the pulse points on the side of my neck, the jugular notch, the back of my neck, the part in my hair, and sometimes around my navel...an application will last for at least eight hours. If physical exertion is involved (heh) then maybe six hours at the most. But the potency would likely be consistent in any case, although again there are other factors involved when determining how a pheromone component (or mix) will affect someone.

Edited by luna65

I think it tends to depend on how long anything would last on your skin. Some people have skin that "eats" perfume, for example. But in my experience the pheromone components will always outlast the fragrance itself. Another factor is where you applied and how much. Normally, given that I apply to my wrists, the pulse points on the side of my neck, the jugular notch, the back of my neck, the part in my hair, and sometimes around my navel...an application will last for at least eight hours. If physical exertion is involved (heh) then maybe six hours at the most. But the potency would likely be consistent in any case, although again there are other factors involved when determining how a pheromone component (or mix) will affect someone.

I've been finding that the pheromones tend to stay longer as well. I just didn't want to overload by applying too many times.

If you wanted to project the same agenda/effect for an entire day, then you might want to refresh in the evening, but otherwise I would say you likely would not have to do so.

• 1 month later...
Must be my chemistry as usual but it just eats these scents up...I find I have to reapply in about every couple of hours... :blushing:

Try a couple of different LP scents. You will note in reviews and other threads around the forum, the ladies will mention certain LP scents that their skin "eats", but others will last right to the next morning. Try some of the ones the other users mention last a long time. This may help you find the scents that will go the distance for you. The other option is to get some D5 (sold in the store) you apply it as a base and it helps scents last longer. It makes it harder for the scent to slip through and be eaten by your skin. (Its not very expensive for a good dose of it either!)\

Hope this helps!

CC that's great advice!

But what does D5 stand for? Guess, I'll have to look into that a little later...Since learning about the forum it's like there's this whole new way of looking at perfume...I did not know what a big difference alcohol or pheremones (I think I spelled that incorrectly..lol) could affect someone or not affect them...lol. It's good that you guys know your stuff....

And thanks to M&D for their amazing scents!!

Cinderfallen has a point. If your skin isn't too dry to begin with, a good body oil after the shower could help. However, if your skin is dry and eating oils, it's inevitably going to suck up a regular moisturizer as well.

I belive D5 is a "cone" of some sort, or at least the base is (ie; silicone, dimethecone,ect), so rather that seeping into skin, it's sortof like an invisible "force feild" for perfume.

I personally don't own it yet, but I've read on the forums that in addition to preventing your skin from eating your perfume, it's also good if you love a scent but have weird skin chemistry with it, as D5 can help the perfume stay true.

I'm getting a bottle with my next order, and I'll keep ya posted on my own experience. But I keep my ears open round these parts, and that's what I've heard! :lol:

I belive D5 is a "cone" of some sort, or at least the base is (ie; silicone, dimethecone,ect), so rather that seeping into skin, it's sortof like an invisible "force feild" for perfume.

I personally don't own it yet, but I've read on the forums that in addition to preventing your skin from eating your perfume, it's also good if you love a scent but have weird skin chemistry with it, as D5 can help the perfume stay true.

Yeah, the D5 is the base for the unscented pheros as well......if you apply one of the unscented pheros first, and apply your perfume over it, it also helps......

Excepts from the following page: http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfume-Pheros.html

....Instead of the customary alcohol dilution, we've decided upon a pure Cosmetic Grade Silicone called Cyclopentasiloxane (aka CPS or D5). This product is clear, tasteless, odorless, non-greasy and non-stinging. It is used as a base fluid in a number of personal care products including skin creams, lotions, bath oils, suntan and shaving products and make-up. It imparts a soft-silky feel to the skin, and leaves no oily residue or build-up, while being slightly thicker than alcohol and slightly thinner than oil.

Cyclopentasiloxane dries quickly but is molecularly too large to be absorbed into the cells of your skin. In this, it has the advantage over it's close brother, Cyclotetrasiloxane (D4), (the other ingredient in commercial "Silk Base"), which does absorb into the skin and has been banned in parts of Europe due to fears stemming from health related issues of long-term exposure. Cyclopentasiloxane is considered a safe, hypoallergenic, inert product.

This is from the order page: http://lovepotionperfume.com/store/Pheromone_Blends.html

Pure Cyclopentasiloxane ~ aka CPS or D5. HIGHEST GRADE, cosmetic quality, skin-safe unscented silky base for fragrances, bath, body and hair products, and pheromone products. Molecularly too large to be absorbed into the skin, so may extend the wear of fragrances and pheromones - and preserve the fragrance or pheromone from reacting with the skin chemistry of the wearer. Considered a clean, safe, hypoallergenic product.