Dead Man's Float

Potion Master

Dead Man's Float: A festive sweet - a frothy old fashioned Root Beer and Ice Cream treat!

We've been bottling up the new releases here, and Danna and I are just so blown away by how amazing *Dead Man's Float* came out, that I had to post a review of it myself.

We managed to reproduce the most genuine sense of effervescence, that when you open the bottle, you actually feel like there's real bubbles tickling your nose. I kept catching myself recapping the bottle thinking I was going to let the bubbles escape! And the Sassafras accord we used makes the Root Beer smell 100% authentic.

For the ice cream, I used a dozen different types of vanilla plus other ingredients that so perfectly captures the vibe, that when I smell the finished product I can FEEL a round, creamy ball of vanilla ice cream on the back of my tongue.

Ahhh, I can't stop sniffing myself. You have to try this one!

• 4 weeks later...

Holy candle sticks! This smells so awesome! I could not believe it, you really did smell like you stuck your nose in an old fashion soda! It smells creamy and cool and bubbly and sweet. Wow, how DO they do it??? I guess you’d say it’s magic! Lol!

Pizza and Milk!

Pixie

I am really enjoying this! It does smell precisiely like a rootbeer float in the vial and wet, right down to the fizz of the soda. After it dries, it becomes a heavenly creamy vanilla with a hint of sassafras. Love it!

I don't like root beer. Never have. Root beer candy, jelly beans, floats? Yuck. Just not for me.

So why does this smell so good? Seriously, the only reason I ended up with this scent was because I wanted everything else in September's sampler pack. However, DMF turned out to be the surprise hit of the package. It does NOT have that artificial note that really annoys me about rootbeer-flavored things; instead this is just creamy and intriguing and more than a little wonderful. It is utterly distinct and different from anything else in my scent collection. Definitely a mood-lifter, and the boyfriend loves it too.

• 1 month later...

When I first got this, and sniffed it in the bottle, I thought it was way too sweet. Gooey, sticky sweet. Not for me.

Recently, I decided to give it a test swing anyway. Mmmm.

On, the sticky sweet becomes creamy. The rootbeer, sassafrass scent is bright and fun, only really good rootbeer tastes like this. (Sadly, I will drink even the bad stuff, but whoo boy, when you find the good stuff, you know it.)

As it dries, the cream steps back, and this settles into a lovely, spicey blend.

I will never put something away untested again.

• 1 month later...

I'm another one that really doesn't care for rootbeer. But since I decided I needed to go through my ever growing pile of samples to see what I love and hate, I pulled this one out, completely expecting rootbeer candies.

WOW I was blown away, it's sweet and rootbeer and gosh it's FIZZY. I can almost taste the ice cream. This is what I'd call a 'fun' scent.

• 4 weeks later...

I was really excited by a perfume that smells like root beer float, so of course I had to hunt down a sample!

I was a little disappointed because, on me, it doesn't smell like a root beer float.. Instead it smells like soda water + a bit of cream :) No sassafrass here... maybe it got left out of this vial lol

Anyways, I will give it A+ for capturing a true "fizz" scent!

• 7 months later...

I'm also not a huge fan of rootbeer scents but I though I should probably try it anyway cause i love rootbeer floats and fizzy scents. Yes wearing it, it isn't super sweet rootbeer but is fresh fun scent . reminds me of teh movie Donnie Darko, dunno why LOL I love that movie though.

• 4 months later...

This one does smell fizzy and creamy in the vial, for sure! But it doesn't like me at all. I get this weird metallic aura from it once it dries down, and I'm wondering if it has benzoin in it, which has a tendency to go bad on me, alas.

But then I layered it with some Sugared Cream and it's all good now.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
I wish I could have tried this one. Sounds amazing!

You are not kidding...oh to have been here a few years earlier!