Love Potion: PINK

therapygirl

AD-LPPink-LovePotion4.jpg

All the powerfully seductive aromas of our original Love Potion® Perfume, with the addition of the most delicious fairy floss cotton candy pink sugars imaginable! Dreamy in the extreme!

Combines four buttery Vanilla oils from around the globe, added to gorgeously thick Amber and Patchouli resins, sweet Berries, and Sugars galore!

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
BERRIES ~ Attraction, love inducing, stamina, vigor, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love, romance, passion, femininity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.

How about some reviews for my ladies??

OK, I have the new LP Pink and the vintage side by side. The new definitely has more pink sugar and cotton candy. The fuzzy note that I notice in the vintage one is not quite as strong nor is the buttery note. Not that they're missing, they just take a backseat to the yummy cotton candy and pink sugar! My friend is swooning over this on me and I have already ordered a full bottle amped with Cuddle Bunny! You're gonna love this ladies!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got more of a strawberry thing with the original, whereas this is definitely cotton candy in the topnote...hopefully this might wear better on me (the "lighter" LP variants tend to rebel sometimes).

Ok TG I am sooo jealous that you got yours first! lol, BUT I am glad to hear that it is working great like the original LP Pink!

I have quite a few bottles on hold. I want to amp some with Pheros, I am thinking Cuddle Bunny phero would be great for this one. I am also thinking maybe some BI in one...hmm any thoughts on cover for BI?

I have BI in alot of bottles and it hasnt once been a problem. I think LP Pink will cover it beautifully!

Oh thanks TG, I definetly dont want to take away from the fab smell of LP Pink, but the ladies are great at what they do, so it doesnt surprise me that they can blend it soo well :banana052:

Looks like BI and cuddle Bunny LP Pink it is :666:

Oh thanks TG, I definetly dont want to take away from the fab smell of LP Pink, but the ladies are great at what they do, so it doesnt surprise me that they can blend it soo well :Hug_emoticon:

Looks like BI and cuddle Bunny LP Pink it is ;)

I am definitely doing the LP pink with some cuddle bunny and i'm thinking one with treasured hearts or drop your guard...wait, is that still available even? oh well, definitely the cuddle bunny... I should do one with super sexy but I think I better get a full size of that seeing as how it is on the endangered list.

thanks for the cuddlebunny suggestion Curious

djac

I have BI in alot of bottles and it hasnt once been a problem. I think LP Pink will cover it beautifully!

I have BI in Something Voodoo and I really can't tell a difference between my reg. bottle or my amped bottle. I think LP Pink sounds like it would work well with BI, good choice!

I am definitely doing the LP pink with some cuddle bunny and i'm thinking one with treasured hearts or drop your guard...wait, is that still available even? oh well, definitely the cuddle bunny... I should do one with super sexy but I think I better get a full size of that seeing as how it is on the endangered list.

thanks for the cuddlebunny suggestion Curious

djac

I cant take credit, I may of thought about it but i think TG may have suggested it first or I somewhat stole it from someone elses thoughts lol. Regardless it is going to be great! lol

Ok now I am thinking I should add a couple of bottles :Hug_emoticon:

I have BI in Something Voodoo and I really can't tell a difference between my reg. bottle or my amped bottle. I think LP Pink sounds like it would work well with BI, good choice!

Thanks MDD, this is good to know as Something Voodoo is similar consistancy to LP Pink. YAY! Excited!

This year's offering combines four buttery Vanilla oils from around the globe - from Madagascar, France, India and Mexico - added to Amber from Tunisia, Patchouli from India, native American Berries and Sugars galore!

There is something in here that my skin does not like. It is very sharp and almost acrid. I think it might be one of the berries. So sad. Some pink scents do this one me.

OK. Edited to say that the throw on this smells fantastic. My skin, however, burns my nose. Since I am not a scent locket kind of person (I prefer to slather it all over myself and let my skin heat it up), and my skin is kind of close to my nose ... I am sadly putting my sample up on my trade post.

Edited by sultry brunette

Here's my take on the differences in the Pinks:

The original LP Pink is flowers/fruit with LP base.

The '09 version is LP base with pink elements.

I prefer the new version, it has a great presence and great sillage. The top note is all cotton candy to me, there's actually a kind of fluffyness to it. And the way the base is crafted in this version is everything I love about the LP variants. So although I wouldn't say I'm a pink kind of person, I really like this take on Pink!

Edited by luna65

sultry brunette, that happened to me, too, with Fairest. I could even smell it directly in the oil; but I think aging has taken care of that. Why not keep it around a couple weeks at least?

And thanks for that clarification, luna65. I really, really, really fell in love with the original so I'll be bracing myself for the arrival of the new version now. =) (I loved those flowers and fruit combination, specifically.)

sultry brunette, that happened to me, too, with Fairest. I could even smell it directly in the oil; but I think aging has taken care of that. Why not keep it around a couple weeks at least?

Already traded it off... I have plenty in my stash to keep me occupied. I will let someone else enjoy the loveliness of this one.

• 2 weeks later...
How about some reviews for my ladies??

OK, I have the new LP Pink and the vintage side by side. The new definitely has more pink sugar and cotton candy. The fuzzy note that I notice in the vintage one is not quite as strong nor is the buttery note. Not that they're missing, they just take a backseat to the yummy cotton candy and pink sugar! My friend is swooning over this on me and I have already ordered a full bottle amped with Cuddle Bunny! You're gonna love this ladies!

I don't know much about the first Pink as I came along too late...but hot damn, I like this LP Pink 2009...wow wow wow...this is great Mara and Danna wow wow wow...you did a fabulous job!

and yes, this will be perfect with some Unscented cuddle bunny added in... I just need to make it to payday

....runs off to email the ladies

djac

I like this and so does the husband. It actually smells like I *expected* aqualina pink sugar to smell, but where as the aqualina was weak and lacking in depth, LP Pink is richer and more complex with a nice creamy note underneath the sweetness.

This has become my new favorite pink scent, not too sugary, but just sweet enough. I remember trying a sample of the old version, and didn't like it as much as this version, 2009 has more pink sugar and fairy floss, and I get a soft and creamy drydown, whereas the older version seemed to be more floral in my opinion.

This is wonderful, pink deep deliciousness.

I think somesome said it was similar to aquolina pink sugar but without the cloying sweets, this is airy cotton candy with a depth, it has a great throw and superb lasting power. I see why it sold out so fast

Alright, if you dont know already I am a HUGE LP Pink original fan. So when I got my sample of the 2009 version, I was very excited!

After smelling 2009 version and testing I think I enjoy the original a little better (so if you have any samples or bottles laying around, please pass my way!)

However I do enjoy this new one. There is one note in it that doesnt love my skin though. This note is on the forefront during the wet and drydown stage. However after drydown it mingles into the background and I dont notice it as much. Thank-goodness it fades (it is the same note that throws pure sugar and pink emerald off on my skin.)

After drydown I get delicious cotton candy and other yummy pinkness! I have gotten many complimetns when I wear this one, so a definite keeper for me.

Great to blend with pheros too, lots of fun!

I received my bottle yesterday, and all I got to say is

WOAW!! OMG

I got a bottle for the sake of it to be honest. I thought - okay this is pink and everyone has been raving about it...so might as well give it a shot before it's all gone, so I went for the a bottle, and I prepared myself to sell it if I didn't like it. Cause the regular LP base (meaning the vanilla-amber-apricot) just doesn't work with my body chemistry, my body makes it smell rancid. LP red was nice, but my chemistry amped up on a spicy note that it itched my nose...

However...this one suprised me big time. I was so scared to swipe it lol, so I only dabbed it like an inch only so it's easy for me to scrub it off just in case.

The first thing I smelled was pink stuff...like somesort of berries/candy/vanilla stuff, there was so much depth and I was able to smell something spicy in this one as well but it was extremely light (it kinda takes the innocence quality away...veddy veddy sexy)

In all, I wish this didn't run out! I feel horrible!!!! omg, and it ran out so fast!!!

Cause the regular LP base (meaning the vanilla-amber-apricot)

The LP base is actually vanilla-amber-patchouli, apricot is a prominent note in the original blend, but I'm not sure about any of the variants.

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...

I love this scent! It's smells so girly and pink and sexy too! It smells like pink candies, but with a sophisticated edge to it.......grown-up candy. :hotjump:

And whaddayaknow.....the man-toy was totally smitten with it as well! I didn't expect him to love such a sweet scent on me, but boy, did he ever. He kept burying(sp?) his nose in my neck and shamelessly huffed away.......

So now I'm on the fence......should I get a back-up bottle or not? I have over a bazillion perfumes as it is........I'm not sure I'll ever run out of *anything* at this point........but......but.......we lovez this so.....

I love this scent! It's smells so girly and pink and sexy too! It smells like pink candies, but with a sophisticated edge to it.......grown-up candy. :)

And whaddayaknow.....the man-toy was totally smitten with it as well! I didn't expect him to love such a sweet scent on me, but boy, did he ever. He kept burying(sp?) his nose in my neck and shamelessly huffed away.......

So now I'm on the fence......should I get a back-up bottle or not? I have over a bazillion perfumes as it is........I'm not sure I'll ever run out of *anything* at this point........but......but.......we lovez this so.....

After seeing how much I use the original LP Pink, I had to nab NUMEROUS bottles of this one. THis is a HOT seller (thank-fully the ladies brewed some more!) Id say nab another bottle of this goodie. There will always be a place to wear a pink yummy scent! And since this is such a hot brew, it may become a hard one to find after awhile.

STOCK UP :001_302: (this is a good one to do that).

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, I can't wear this. It has the same pink sugar note from Amber Enchantment and smells even more like Pink Sugar in general that I immediately get a memory association reaction. Nothing bad, but my body knows it's smelled it too much before. =/

Surprisingly, though, not as rich and musky/vanilla-heavy as I usually expect from LP. *g*

Sadly, I can't wear this. It has the same pink sugar note from Amber Enchantment and smells even more like Pink Sugar in general that I immediately get a memory association reaction. Nothing bad, but my body knows it's smelled it too much before. =/

Surprisingly, though, not as rich and musky/vanilla-heavy as I usually expect from LP. *g*

I totally have the same issue with this one and Pink Emerald (and Pure Sugar) due to that one pink sugar (I think it may be cotton candy). To be honest I cant handle this on dry down, however I have found that this note almost disapears after dry down and then works very nicely. If you can handle getting over that initial overpowering of this, you may find it works nicely.

Oh and on the vanilla richness of this, yah it is definety missing the heavy LP vanilla, as the pink sugars tend to overpower it.

This has to be my favorite Love Potion (enter color) -- even yummier than RED! At least it does not attract moose.

I have the remake version. I definitely LOVE the cotton candy high notes. Accidentally spilt half of the sample all over me. I was in heaven!

This has to be my favorite Love Potion (enter color) -- even yummier than RED! At least it does not attract moose.

I have the remake version. I definitely LOVE the cotton candy high notes. Accidentally spilt half of the sample all over me. I was in heaven!

I remember that! Bahahah :blushing: !that was priceless! Im glad Mr. Moose didnt stick around long .

P.S.Glad to have you join us again!

• 5 weeks later...

this is a pretty, candy sweet girly fragrance but it doesn't come across as too sweet like a kid's scent.

there are some definite grown-up notes in there that make this elegant and just plain gorgeous.

my only complaint is that it's too soft and really doesn't last long on me.

when i first put this on it's perfect and i LOVE it, but within a couple hours, i am only getting a faint pink sweetness coming from my skin...like it's my own scent and i'm not even wearing a perfume.

i wish this could be the same scent it is, but amped WAY stronger so it would last longer.

this is a pretty, candy sweet girly fragrance but it doesn't come across as too sweet like a kid's scent.

there are some definite grown-up notes in there that make this elegant and just plain gorgeous.

my only complaint is that it's too soft and really doesn't last long on me.

when i first put this on it's perfect and i LOVE it, but within a couple hours, i am only getting a faint pink sweetness coming from my skin...like it's my own scent and i'm not even wearing a perfume.

i wish this could be the same scent it is, but amped WAY stronger so it would last longer.

Try getting it in a lotion (love the shea and aloe) and then layer the perfume over the top. It really should last longer, especially because the Ladies (and John) really scent-up their lotions (unlike other places). It has the double effect of doubling the scent plus the lotion puts a layer down so your skin won't drink the scent so quickly.

Edited by SWBookworm

I second the lotion suggestion, but I recommend the body cream as it is heavier and seems to stick around longer than a lotion.

Good thought TG!

• 1 month later...

Man oh man, I have been meaning to write a review as soon as I fell in love with it.

This scent is ... like a dream. You know when a scent just fits you and says something about you that is spot on...this it it!!!

I really hope LP PINK will remain a staple that will be re brewed over and over again.

It is sweet on me, but at the same time there is a citrusy note to it, that makes it an energetic scent.

It's got a foody feel to it too, so it's yummy, fun, girly, sexy...I can't get enough of it, I would like to bathe in this stuff.

The best part is, my skin LOOOOVES it! The scent just lingers on me forever, and I keep smelling it for hours. If I put some on my hair, then I'll wake up with it the next day.

Me and LP PINK are like best friends. :party:

Thank you Love Potion for creating such an exquisite scent!!! :begging:

I do like this one. There is something in there that is too sharp on me to wear it strait up, most days. But when I layer it with a little bit of a softer scent it works beautifully.