Love Potion: PINK

therapygirl

I love this one too...one of my big fav'ts! yummy pink goodness!!

lol, I got another bottle of this today...

This is what I expected aquolina to be strong like, if it makes any sense...this is magical pink sugar

Edited by esmeralda

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend "burrowed" my bottle today...and she's was getting compliments like mad.

*sigh* well...thank god, I at least bought a back up bottle

My friend "burrowed" my bottle today...and she's was getting compliments like mad.

*sigh* well...thank god, I at least bought a back up bottle

Always get empty sniffees & pipettes!!! Thataways you cans be generous n keep that precious bottle, ha.

Always get empty sniffees & pipettes!!! Thataways you cans be generous n keep that precious bottle, ha.

I know!!! lol, I should have done that! *sigh*!

A duhhhh question Beccah...how do you get the roller out of the bottle???? Does the roller work the same after you put back in..ie..any leakage????

Thnx

Fawn

A duhhhh question Beccah...how do you get the roller out of the bottle???? Does the roller work the same after you put back in..ie..any leakage????

Thnx

Fawn

Fawn, the one great thing about this forum and the people here, no question is ever a Duhhhh...gotta love it here.

I usually take a pin and gently pry all around the ball area, rigth where the bottle groove is at and then when it is up enough I gently twist until it fully pops off...so far I have never had any leakage...

I have found that the cute lil 5ml bottles that are sold here, once I put the top back on the amount that comes out is very very small and I have to kinda roll the tip with my finger or mash a lil against my skin to make it easier to come out

but yeah, its great and no mess and no leakage

hope this helps baby girl

be blessed - djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

Erk, I usually use my nails/fingers to take the top whole ball thingie out (but it's a messy job)

I usually take a pin and gently pry all around the ball area, rigth where the bottle groove is at and then when it is up enough I gently twist until it fully pops off...so far I have never had any leakage...

Dj's idea is waay smarter than mine though!

• 2 weeks later...

Thnx for the tips djace & esme...I have so many empty snifees, would love to put some of my fav's in them for easy reaply @ work.... :D

I just got a sample in trade today of LP Pink, I was a little afraid cause my skin amps most pink sugars (Brown too) into something very chemical smelling :)

But, I really love this...so sweet, but not too sweet. Deeper undertones making it grown up.

We will see what Mr. Sensitive Nose thinks...but me likey... ;)

• 2 months later...
:( Please bring PINK back!! This is the BEST LP color I've had! I'll buy 10!!

How about some reviews for my ladies??

OK, I have the new LP Pink and the vintage side by side. The new definitely has more pink sugar and cotton candy. The fuzzy note that I notice in the vintage one is not quite as strong nor is the buttery note. Not that they're missing, they just take a backseat to the yummy cotton candy and pink sugar! My friend is swooning over this on me and I have already ordered a full bottle amped with Cuddle Bunny! You're gonna love this ladies!

I have Pink Sugar ans by far it is my favorite scent. I love warm, buttery, sweet sents. I may try LP pink... thanks for the review.

I have Pink Sugar ans by far it is my favorite scent. I love warm, buttery, sweet sents. I may try LP pink... thanks for the review.

LP Pink 2009 is everything Aquolina Pink Sugar only dreams of being....unfortunately it is sold out...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sooooo....It jumped out at me today.

I think.

The patchouli (?) in LP Pink. I have been using this all year, totally in love with it, and never detected it. I thought my nose was some kind of super duper patchouli sniffer, but apparently not. All was bliss until someone in another thread a while back mentioned that all the LP special editions have a base that includes patchouli. Huh, I thought, it must be a really micro amount in LP Pink.

And I forgot about that thread, until a couple of weeks later when I reached for LP Pink and rolled on a generous amount. Holy crap, there it was? Or am I imagining it? I can't believe I couldn't detect it before. It now seems so obvious.

Now, I am not a fan of patchouli and it seems like my skin amps it waayyy up. I still like LP Pink, I think. I'm not sure. No, I still like it, its just different now. I feel a little foolish, like the picky kid that digs into dinner and is liking it until someone tells her there are onions in it (or broccoli, or whatever), then suddenly she doesn't like it anymore, when 5 minutes ago she was wolfing it down.

I'm just smelling it totally differently than I did before.

Olfaction is is a very strange thing sometimes.

All the Love Potion scents (the original plus the variants) have a base of amber-vanilla-patchouli. For me, that's the key to the LP series of scents being so good consistently. It's a great base to build on, IMO, because it can be as versatile as there are types of those notes available (i.e. many).

But yeah, it's interesting how we smell certain things which aren't in a fragrance, or don't notice things which are. Our brains processes olfactory information in a rather complicated way, heh.

Edited by luna65

And then Mara said this was a rebrew-#3..Xev, did you get a new bottle? Cause theres a chance that this time the LP base had a touch more patch in it? Just a little, I'm sure M&D have the LP base down to a science,but if your super sensitive to that note, you'd notice.

Every rebrew is gonna be just a wee bit different-I'm told.

And then Mara said this was a rebrew-#3..Xev, did you get a new bottle? Cause theres a chance that this time the LP base had a touch more patch in it? Just a little, I'm sure M&D have the LP base down to a science,but if your super sensitive to that note, you'd notice.

Every rebrew is gonna be just a wee bit different-I'm told.

Nope, I either have #1 or #2.

And you all will be happy to know that I've accepted LP Pink for what it is, patchouli and all.

I actually quite like all the LPs, its just that the patchouli tends to amp, either that or the other components get eaten up. But this doesn't happen with LP Pink.

• 2 weeks later...

So pleasantly surprised to get a sample of this...it really is cotton-candy goodness, but not to the point of being cloying. I once had some body spray back in junior high that smelled too strongly of cotton candy--it was so strong that I ended up using it as a room spray. This, though is a gorgeous pink scent, because it's sugary and seductive without being cloying at all. :drunk:

I have really been enjoying Pink lately.. I love this scent more & more each spritz its very addicting, though drydown wise I prefer Fairest (another pink scent) but for loudness Pink is really YUMMY :666:

Edited by KrazyKat

Ok so I got a sniffe of this in trade. I love this! It's very similar to Fairest wet. When it dries down I can smell the LP base in there. On the fade away, all the Pink is gone & it's completely the LP base to me. This is an absolutely gorgeous & ultra feminine LP variant.

Edited by Beccah1

To the Powers That BE: PLEASE bring back PINK! Make a HUGE batch! My office manager adores it, and puts him in the best mood for all of us worker bees! This should be a regular as your RED, No. 9, etc. When my husband was alive (he died 2 months ago), he just loved me wearing it. I'm almost out. I really don't want to be because it brings back such good memories.

To the Powers That BE: PLEASE bring back PINK! Make a HUGE batch! My office manager adores it, and puts him in the best mood for all of us worker bees! This should be a regular as your RED, No. 9, etc. When my husband was alive (he died 2 months ago), he just loved me wearing it. I'm almost out. I really don't want to be because it brings back such good memories.

LP Pink is available in re-brew. My understanding is that they had to substitute one of the notes since the original was no longer available but it's pretty close. According to the cart, there are 98 bottles available.

my condolances,Borderbumble.

maybe someone with an extra will make an offer (so you have an original)

my condolances,Borderbumble.

maybe someone with an extra will make an offer (so you have an original)

I thought either Danna or Mara announced that LP Pink was going to join the permanently available ranks?

Edited by xev

:lol:Happy happy, joy joy!!

What a way to end the week! Thanks for PINK!

And thank you for all your kind words.

• 1 month later...

I have been wearing this one a lil bit lately and I must say...ooooooh! This one ages nicely. The Pink flirty scent is there but it is much smoother and more cotton candy delicious!

It is a potent scent that has melded really nice has time has pogressed. I reccomend pulling this one out from its hiding place and testing it again, to enjoy as it matures :666:

I have been wearing this one a lil bit lately and I must say...ooooooh! This one ages nicely. The Pink flirty scent is there but it is much smoother and more cotton candy delicious!

It is a potent scent that has melded really nice has time has pogressed. I reccomend pulling this one out from its hiding place and testing it again, to enjoy as it matures :666:

I have some saved back that I had amped with IW. Might have to pull it out and see what happened while it aged, like a fine wine.

I have some saved back that I had amped with IW. Might have to pull it out and see what happened while it aged, like a fine wine.

IW and cotton-candy is quite the pair-up!

It reminds me of Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde.

( I cant be smart AND fun, you want to hate me but you cant)

I have both IW and LP Pink but not the two together, it sounds brilliant.

For me it's just as potent and OH HAI LP BASE as it was the first time I wore it, although that's the point of this version to me. But I can see where this one would provide a nice softening effect in combination with something like IW or even SWS.

IW and cotton-candy is quite the pair-up!

It reminds me of Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde.

( I cant be smart AND fun, you want to hate me but you cant)

I have both IW and LP Pink but not the two together, it sounds brilliant.

I thought it would be an interesting mix--I'll wear it tomorrow and will let you know! Loved Legally Blonde, so it can't hurt....

@ SW, I love 'Legally Blonde' in a bottle idea. I'm wearing the Pink today, something I didn't catch earlier, but the patchouli & fruit combo in this gives amost a fig accord to it. I love my sniffee & I'm almost out of it :^^:

@ SW, I love 'Legally Blonde' in a bottle idea. I'm wearing the Pink today, something I didn't catch earlier, but the patchouli & fruit combo in this gives amost a fig accord to it. I love my sniffee & I'm almost out of it :)

I loved it when I first got it and then got sidetracked so I'm glad I've got an excuse to try it again!

I got a sniffee of this in the last order. It smells a lot like LP original on me. Maybe a touch lighter. I love it, but since it's so similar on my to LP Original, I don't see a reason to buy both (especially when there's soooooo many others out there)

BTW, it's absolutely LOVELY layered with Shelly's Sweet Bottom!

Edited by paganlady

• 1 month later...

ITA with the UT comparisons to Pink Sugar. This is several (big) steps up the evolutionary ladder from it, more complex, warmer, and doesn't have that 'crystalline' kind of sugar smell that Pink Sugar has, if that makes sense. You know how sometimes Pink Sugar can make you feel sort of ridiculous, like you're a walking around in a 5 year old's pink tutu ballet costume with pink rhinestones and sequins, pink tights, pink shoes and an elaborate pink headdress, or is that just me? No disrespect as sometimes that's actually the effect I want, and it's a great cover, but you DEFINITELY don't get that from LP Pink, it is way way more sophisticated and nuanced.

ETA great lasting power. It's been 7 hours since I put this on and I am still catching lovely pink-vanilla whiffs of myself every time I move :)

All that said - so sad for me, as usual I think my body just hates patchouli, pushes it more to the front than it wants to be- in fact when I first put it on that's ALL I got, and it gave me a sneezing fit!! Disaster, I hope this doesn't mean I'm allergic to patchouli and so the whole LP line is out for me :)

Edited by tyvey

When I first put this on, I was worried, because there was kind of a... I'm not sure how to describe it... a sharp, almost chemical scent? It was like cotton candy gone bad. Might that be the pink sugar?

Now, after a few minutes, it's softened a lot. There's some apricot peeking through, and the pink has mellowed and just become a soft blanket of sweetness and cotton candy over the amber vanilla base.

Lovely!

• 3 months later...

To be honest, I really didn't like it when I opened the bottle. It was so sweet and funky smelling but I told myself that I must try it out.

On application, I had exactly the same kind of feelings .... how can I do this to myself? And I was ready to wash it off. Boy, am I glad that I didn't! The sweetness mellowed down soon after and the scent disappeared very quickly (within 2 to 3 hours) so I had to reapply at the same spot.

I've never tried such scent before (I always stick to fruity and flora scents) and I think this has given me some confidence to step outside my comfort zone.