Love Potion: PINK

therapygirl

To be honest, I really didn't like it when I opened the bottle. It was so sweet and funky smelling but I told myself that I must try it out.

On application, I had exactly the same kind of feelings .... how can I do this to myself? And I was ready to wash it off. Boy, am I glad that I didn't! The sweetness mellowed down soon after and the scent disappeared very quickly (within 2 to 3 hours) so I had to reapply at the same spot.

I've never tried such scent before (I always stick to fruity and flora scents) and I think this has given me some confidence to step outside my comfort zone.

Try it again in a week! ...I really like this now,even though it was just "nice" when I first tried it.

Love Potion Red was the same way for me,and I did not like one note in it,the apricot,I think, and now it is one of my very favs.Love Potion Original too,in fact LP Original just gets yummier every time I try it.

I plan on re-trying many that I passed over the first time,or two :)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This was a surprise hit for me! I was afraid it would be too candy like and sweet, but it turned out to be one of my favorites. It's got that wonderful LP base, but the berries give it just a touch of sweetness like it could be Sparkle Fuchsia's distant cousin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is sparkly pink fairy floss with a hint of creamy vanilla and something flaintly resinous lurking underneath. (purr)

• 2 weeks later...

A soft, warm, vanilla- and patchouli-tinged cotton candy scent.

Lighter than expected on my skin, but that may well be because I was bracing myself for a loud and bold fragrance after seeing it compared to Pink Sugar.

Interesting how LP Pink seems to remind people of various scents... on me it smells surprisingly similar to a daytime, brighter version of Naughty on the Nile. I did a side by side comparison, and yep, that's it - Naughty on the Nile without the incense. A definite keeper.

• 1 month later...

I believe I have tested LP Pink once after my report about 11 months ago and I have stated elsewhere in this forum that LP Pink does not work for me. The pinkness turns kind of sour or something. Well, I'll have to take that back.

I decided to wear LAM Pink Amber with LP Pink today. This is because of all the pink smellies I have been using the last two weeks (Sparkling Fuchsia, Pixie in the Dust, etc). I 'borrowed' my daughter's sample and ran the dipper stick around my neck after applying some LAM Pink Amber on my torso. I smell lovely and different from previously.

I must say that previously I had LP Pink on the back of my hand only. I now know that this evaluation method will not tell me the real character of the scent. But for scents which really puts me off from the back-of-hand test, I'd probably put them to rest. Scents which I think has a small element which does not agree with me will definitely deserve a full body test! I'm glad that I kept the sample for my daughter and I decided to test it out today.

I just love LP pink. It will def be on my next order. On me the patchouli comes out just a bit for that "dirty" smell but in a good way, not too much.

Is pixie in the dust a pink scent? If yes I'll add it to my list

ETA: I looked up Pixie in the dust too and only came up with Sea Monkey's musk in the pixie dust. That's it right? Is the musk heavy in this one or is it more on the PINK side?

Edited by Raq On

I just love LP pink. It will def be on my next order. On me the patchouli comes out just a bit for that "dirty" smell but in a good way, not too much.

Is pixie in the dust a pink scent? If yes I'll add it to my list

ETA: I looked up Pixie in the dust too and only came up with Sea Monkey's musk in the pixie dust. That's it right? Is the musk heavy in this one or is it more on the PINK side?

Yes, I was refering to Sea Monkey's PE .... I think I got the name wrong, oh dear! Sorry!

Sea Monkey turns out to be a very light and happy scent on me. A light pink candy with a very light frosting, if this makes sense. You're hearing this from someone who didn't like pink scents until a month back! BTW, I had a hit with a teenage girl at my school.

Has anyone tried this amped with Cougar? I'm pondering it for a future order.

Not amped, but I wore it with the scented Cougar potion once. The fragrances blended well and smelled AMAZING. As for the phero effects...at one point, I had a small circle of admirers right in the dog food aisle at Target. :D I imagine that amped with Cougar it would be a hit!

Not amped, but I wore it with the scented Cougar potion once. The fragrances blended well and smelled AMAZING. As for the phero effects...at one point, I had a small circle of admirers right in the dog food aisle at Target. :D I imagine that amped with Cougar it would be a hit!

Brilliant! I never thought to mix the two together!! I'm going to try that!

Raq On, Sparkle Fuschia is lacks the patchouli of LP Pink but has a pumpkin note so while in the same family to my nose they are very different.

BlueBear I agree that's a great idea. I'll try it one day at work next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I did one of the craziest thing two nights ago. Two dots of Sugared Egyptian Musk, 2 dots of Pure Sugar and 2 dots of LP Pink and I smell lovely. I would have added either LAM or BAM Pink Amber if this discovery was made in the morning.

I seem to have D thing for pink scents recently.

• 3 months later...

This is definitely going to be in my next order along with Pure Sugar and OCCO Pink. I used to not like sugar smells, but the sugar based scents here are amazing (MRF was my first step into sugary perfumes). I'm also loving that the berry scents I've ordered here aren't plastic-y, so I'm really excited! I'm waiting for all the new phero releases before I place another order.

IDK, wouldn't that be Sparkle Fuschia?

Not IMO, they're two different scents, although admittedly both pink. But Sparkle Fuschia is a pink-and-spice based scent, whereas LP Pink doesn't have the spice element to it, so it's more creamy/candy-like.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really wonderful and will go on my "big bottle" buy list! I'm not a fan of pink sugar - at one point I was wearing it all the time and now I can't stomach it, so I was a little worried about how LP Pink 2009 would be. In the vial it's LP original with a bright pink note - not the pink sugar I'm used to, more like cotton candy. I slathered it on and fell in love with it! The pink sugar is grounded with the LP base, it's so perfect!

This is really wonderful and will go on my "big bottle" buy list! I'm not a fan of pink sugar - at one point I was wearing it all the time and now I can't stomach it, so I was a little worried about how LP Pink 2009 would be. In the vial it's LP original with a bright pink note - not the pink sugar I'm used to, more like cotton candy. I slathered it on and fell in love with it! The pink sugar is grounded with the LP base, it's so perfect!

Welcome!! Isn't LP Pink wonderful? I'm a fan of pink scents? While I do enjoy Pink Sugar, I like to wear LP Pink whenever I want something more substantial.

Welcome!! Isn't LP Pink wonderful? I'm a fan of pink scents? While I do enjoy Pink Sugar, I like to wear LP Pink whenever I want something more substantial.

Talking about substantial, are you referring to the LP base, the amber and the patchouli? The pinkness wears off after a while and it's that particular element that makes me feel grounded. I'm not sure if this makes sense to you.

Talking about substantial, are you referring to the LP base, the amber and the patchouli? The pinkness wears off after a while and it's that particular element that makes me feel grounded. I'm not sure if this makes sense to you.

Sorry JOC, I just now saw this! I mean the feel of the fragrance as a whole compared to the Pink Sugar commercial fragrance as a whole. I think Pink Sugar is very light and youthful and almost seems to be made entirely of top notes. LP Pink, on the other hand, has multiple layers and deepness (probably from the patchouli and amber) that adds a little maturity to it. Does that make sense?

I had never even heard of aquolina's Pink Sugar til the phero forums, I think a lot of people were using it as a cover. One day, I remembered to try it out at Sephora or Ulta... anyhoo, sprayed that on one hand, swiped my LP Pink on the other, and asked DH to pick the winner...

Not surprisingly, he said LP Pink, absolutely.

IIRC, I thought they were quite similar, though I could tell them apart. He thought they were much more different than I, *and* preferred LP fo sho! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry JOC, I just now saw this! I mean the feel of the fragrance as a whole compared to the Pink Sugar commercial fragrance as a whole. I think Pink Sugar is very light and youthful and almost seems to be made entirely of top notes. LP Pink, on the other hand, has multiple layers and deepness (probably from the patchouli and amber) that adds a little maturity to it. Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense although I have not tried Pink Sugar. I wore this to my facial two weekends ago and I was told that I smell like some bubblegum lipstick.

• 2 months later...

LP Pink is gorgeous....I can't believe that the patchouli in this one is actually more noticeable on my skin, compared to other LP colors...

It starts out with a very pink and sugary vanilla...

Then the patchouli kicks in and it feels musky and more earthy...

To be honest I always wore LP Pink layered with another LP, but this is the first time that I test it alone...Yes it is very layerable, but it is just lovely on its own...

I love Pink Sugar, but I think I fell hopelessly in love with LP Pink...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh my god, I think I have found a staple. I LOVE LP Pink. Wow. WOW. This is like cotton candy, berry heaven with a touch of vanilla and buttery smoothness rounding out the gragrance profile. I really amp the berries at first, and I love that it turns into a sugary, playful, sexy number. I'm going to try this out with some Treasured Hearts.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't sure about this at first. I've never tried a Pink before. From the bottle I smelled vanilla and bubble gum (my 6 year old daughter went crazy for it!). It was fascinating as it dried down..... it smelled creamy, like cocoa butter and caramel. A very warm scent that reminds me of perfect, moisturized, flawless skin (I know that's odd, but it is what kept coming to mind). Suntan lotion & candy. I will have to try this one again as, even though I like it, it doesn't feel like "me".

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love wearing this.

Its the best "pink" fragrance I ever smelled and its my favorite lp I tried so far.. :)

This would be amazing as a spray with pheros!

I had never even heard of aquolina's Pink Sugar til the phero forums, I think a lot of people were using it as a cover. One day, I remembered to try it out at Sephora or Ulta... anyhoo, sprayed that on one hand, swiped my LP Pink on the other, and asked DH to pick the winner...

Not surprisingly, he said LP Pink, absolutely.

IIRC, I thought they were quite similar, though I could tell them apart. He thought they were much more different than I, *and* preferred LP fo sho! :wub:

I said this earlier but I think it is worth repeating: LP Pink is what Aqualina pink sugar wants to be when it grows up. Superficially they are similar, but LP Pink has soooo much more depth and complexity. It really is like comparing cotton candy to something from a gourmet cupcakerie.

Edited by xev

• 1 month later...

I am afraid I'm not impressed with this one, though I am still interested in eventually giving other pink scents a try:

Wet: Diabetes in a bottle. The cotton candy and pink sugars are predominant, and my pancreas has no mouth but must scream.

Dry: The vanilla and berries come out, but the berries remind me more of Captain Crunch and Fruity Pebbles-though that might be the point. I can't seem to detect any amber or butter at all, but I'm under the impression it and some additional ingredients toned down the sugary scent of it.

Verdict: Due to past raves I've read about it I really wanted to like this one, and I will probably give it a few more tries, but I am looking forward to the re-brew or at least look in to other Pink scents that might be a bit less sweet than this. I'll wear it all over tonight to see what some men might think of it, but it will be in addition to Leather, so I'll have to be careful about drawing conclusions should I post anything about this in addition to this review.

...or not. I was foolish today and wore a bit more Leather than I perhaps should have, in fact considering the day before I should have been more conservative in my application of it today and waited until the day after before trying it. It's very easy to forget unscented pheromone blends are much more concentrated. I'll try that phero blend again on Tuesday, and see how it goes.

Anyway, Pink 2009 reminds me of Fruity Pebbles and Captain Crunch Berries mixed with Cotton Candy. It's not a bad thing, but I think LP: Passion & Desire is a true classic in comparison, IMHO. YMMV.

ETA: Next time, I'm wearing spicy and/or fruity scents with Leather, it feels kind of odd to wear it with a pink scent, it's like the phero demands that I at least try to smell more sophisticated. I will obey.

Edited by Queen of Swords

I'm sorry to hear that you don't enjoy LP Pink. I didn't like it at the beginning but now, it's one of my favourite. I hoarded a couple of bottles as I know that I will go through this rather quickly and I did not want to risk the rebrew smelling different.

Totally agree with you on that. There are plenty of scents to fall in love with. LP Pink, conveniently is a permanent scent which means I do not need to worry about I will run out.

• 2 months later...

I wish this worked for me. Even diabetes in a bottle cotton candy would have been fab!

But no...I get a waxy/plasticky cherry chapstick layered on sunscreen. :(

But I'm on the last few days of the dot right now, so that could be why? I'm going to try this again one more time next week. And if it doesn't work I'm gonna have to give it away. :/

• 1 month later...

I still love this very much but haven't boosted this as I like my pheros to be UN. I think Cougar will go very well with it, although I often use OCCO Pink under it and UN SS4W or UN PP as I am a huge fan of the that two pheros.