Love Potion: PINK

therapygirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY! Hubs said, "I like that one!" I mean, with enthusiasm! Like, he really liked it! HA! Who knew I'd ever get more than a grunt or a "humph" or a "meh" or - my personal favorite - *crinkles nose and turns head* followed by "blech!". Seriously? But PINK gets the "I like that one!" I knew he had it in him somewhere!

Oh, yeah, I really love this one too :lol: Ordering a bottle of this with next order!

FINALLY! Hubs said, "I like that one!" I mean, with enthusiasm! Like, he really liked it! HA! Who knew I'd ever get more than a grunt or a "humph" or a "meh" or - my personal favorite - *crinkles nose and turns head* followed by "blech!". Seriously? But PINK gets the "I like that one!" I knew he had it in him somewhere!

Oh, yeah, I really love this one too :lol: Ordering a bottle of this with next order!

My SO isn't into this one, but little kids LOVE me when I wear this one :) Actually, I use to dye my hair cotton candy pink when I was 21 & they love me as much as then.

Does everyone still love this??

This is one of Mara's most popular scents ever, so I'm fairly certain lots of people do love it, now and always.

Does this have a strawberry vibe or more of a pink vibe…. Strawberry tends to turn plastic complements of my skin chemistry…..

It doesn't smell like strawberries to me; just pink. Like cotton candy but not sickly sweet.

Thanks Luna. I'm hoping to get a fb in my next order, but since this is (thankfully) permanent...I may have to wait depending on November and December's NR's.

Have you smelled it? at least get a sample. You'll be running to a full bottle!

Lol! Because this is permanent, I've been putting off getting it for almost 10 months, even though it's one of my favourite LPs. It's pink, but it's a grown-up pink. Very sexy.

Ha! I know! It's so hard to get everything you want each month, so the permanents tend to take a back seat to the NR's.

BB, your right about the full bottle. I'm not even going to sample this, just going to full bottle it, unsniffed!

It doesn't smell like strawberries to me; just pink. Like cotton candy but not sickly sweet.

Have you smelled it? at least get a sample. You'll be running to a full bottle!

Skip the sample...run to the full bottle NOW! LOL :lol2:

Ha! I know! It's so hard to get everything you want each month, so the permanents tend to take a back seat to the NR's.

BB, your right about the full bottle. I'm not even going to sample this, just going to full bottle it, unsniffed!

Yeah, I really like this in my collection. I used to put the NRs ahead of the permanents, lol.

Yeah, I really like this in my collection. I used to put the NRs ahead of the permanents, lol.

What made you change it up?

I guess I'm hoping one of the NR months will be full of things I don't want, and then I can catch up! Fat chance of that happening, huh?

• 4 months later...

I just got a sample of this, it was one I was very excited about. Sniffed from the vial, I get lemon, I mean LEMON. It reminds me of a body wash I had a while ago, Lemon Custard it was called. Not a bad thing, "yummy!", I said. So I put some on my wrist, and I'm getting...........Froot Loops?!? Whaaaatt??

Now it's about 30 minutes later, lemon and cereal smell is gone, maybe a hint of berries, and a funny, plasticky smell. No patch, vanilla, or anything else. Anyone else getting Lemon Fest from this? Should I let this sit for a while? Hmmm, it could be that it's coming up to that T.O.M., I will try it again in a couple of weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I can't say i've ever gotten lemon from this, but be sure to give it a good shake before you apply. It's hard with the vials, I know, so I just roll those between my palms for a bit to mix everything up. Hope this scent works for you. It's so fab!!!!!!

It has apricot in it (the citrus your picking up?). I get the light candied berries in the bottle but once it's on I get creamy, sweet, sugary goodness. The patch is barely perceptible and the verbena doesn't overpower at all! It takes a back seat to the candied yumminess - buttery vanilla pink sugar cream :love: I hope it works for you! I can't stop huffing myself when I wear it :lol:

Aw, me too, Blue Bear! It sounded like something right up my alley. I love the sweet, pinky scents! I did give it the shake-shake before I even opened the vial, I have gotten into the habit of doing that with all LP's, pheroe'd or not. Could be my sniffer is still not 100% recovered from my cold, even though I'm thinking I can smell just fine. I will definately test again in a couple of weeks! :)

It has apricot in it (the citrus your picking up?). I get the light candied berries in the bottle but once it's on I get creamy, sweet, sugary goodness. The patch is barely perceptible and the verbena doesn't overpower at all! It takes a back seat to the candied yumminess - buttery vanilla pink sugar cream :love: I hope it works for you! I can't stop huffing myself when I wear it :lol:

Maybe the verbena? I think I read somewhere that it can have a lemony quality to it.

Ooh! That's possible..I didn't know that, and here all this time I thought it was the fruitiness of the apricot! Sometimes fruity = citrus to my shnoz. I'll have to read up on verbena some more!

• 1 month later...

Also: this layers really well with LP Black!

Dear Luna, I decided to take your suggestion on layering my samples of these, since neither seemed to work with my chemistry alone.

LP Pink was too sweet, and LP Black was too sexy.

Well, hello darling, to the perfect marriage! :)

I had said that LP Pink smelled like Froot Loops with an overwhelming lemon quality to it.

And LP Black had that honey-civit thing going on.

But just like a well-matched pair, each emphasized the positives of the other (the pink, sugary goodness of LP Pink, and the deep, resinous vanilla of LP Black) and minimized the negatives.

The perfect balance of light and dark, sun and shadow.

That girl who has the sweet laugh and smile, but something a lot more sultry and dangerous in her eyes. :666:

I love this combo! Thanks for the tip! :love:

Dear Luna, I decided to take your suggestion on layering my samples of these, since neither seemed to work with my chemistry alone.

LP Pink was too sweet, and LP Black was too sexy.

Well, hello darling, to the perfect marriage! :)

I had said that LP Pink smelled like Froot Loops with an overwhelming lemon quality to it.

And LP Black had that honey-civit thing going on.

But just like a well-matched pair, each emphasized the positives of the other (the pink, sugary goodness of LP Pink, and the deep, resinous vanilla of LP Black) and minimized the negatives.

The perfect balance of light and dark, sun and shadow.

That girl who has the sweet laugh and smile, but something a lot more sultry and dangerous in her eyes. :666:

I love this combo! Thanks for the tip! :love:

I've had my wee little sample of LP pink aging since 2009 as well as my LP black...

Thanks to Luna's and your reviews I am going to see what this one does to my skin..

I like the sound of this already....

:Emoticons04235:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to decide if I need to purchase LP Pink and I loved reading the suggestion to add it to LP Black which I adore. I think this will brighten up the black and make for a scent that would work well in summertime. Thanks so much for the idea

Hm. =/ I could swear this is Pink Sugar fragrance oil.

I find it similar to Pink Sugar, but much more complex, especially after dry down. I think of it as what Pink Sugar wishes it could be when it grows up. Pink Sugar was the first fragrance I heard about as a copulin cover up (on another forum) and I remember being very disappointed in it when I finally got some and tried it. It smelled flat and superficial. Then later I got some LP Pink and wow! Love and first smell!

And Dolphindolls, I also like LP Pink and LP Black layered. Yum!

As others have said this is a very girly pretty scent! It also pairs beautifully with OCCO pink and my favorite way to wear both is to pair them.

This was also a mind opener for me---- I traditionally haven't liked pure fruit scents or straight sugar scents, however this is so well balanced and such a light airy pinky scent that it works and I really enjoy it.

I don't get just sugar or just Cotten candy; rather on me this is a well rounded blend of fruit/ airy pinkness/ light sugar. I frequently find myself reaching for this on weekend mornings. It is a great way to start the day and especially paired with OCCO pink a nice girl next door friendly sexy vibe.

When I first got this I thought it was going to be all sugar sweetness. I almost thought it might be to perfume-y when I got my first sniff but this has become such a favorite and I LIKE it because it ISN'T just sugary sweet. It gets a lot of compliments whenever I wear it :) I'm glad this is permanent because I'm already on bottle 2...or is it 3? OHMYGOSH I forget already! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I had two people tell me I smelled like incense today. I have never, never gotten that from LP Pink!

They're probably patchouli sensitive. I can be.

I love LP Red and I like LP gold, it's sparkly enough to keep the patchouli in its place. It's funny you mentioned this today as I was thinking I really have to try this. Better sample first, I don't believe from what I've heard, I'd have a problem.

Hm. =/ I could swear this is Pink Sugar fragrance oil.

Well they are both cotton candy scents after all, so it's an obvious comparison..

I found a sample of LP Pink and tried it out with LP Black and wow, this is a great combo, I tried this a few days back and forgot to report out how great it was....

ooh...going to try that. :Emoticons10311:

As others have said this is a very girly pretty scent! It also pairs beautifully with OCCO pink and my favorite way to wear both is to pair them.

This was also a mind opener for me---- I traditionally haven't liked pure fruit scents or straight sugar scents, however this is so well balanced and such a light airy pinky scent that it works and I really enjoy it.

I don't get just sugar or just Cotten candy; rather on me this is a well rounded blend of fruit/ airy pinkness/ light sugar. I frequently find myself reaching for this on weekend mornings. It is a great way to start the day and especially paired with OCCO pink a nice girl next door friendly sexy vibe.

That is such an obvious pairing, why have I not tried it yet?? LOL.. next time I wear LP Pink, I'll add OCCO Pink - thanks!

I found a sample of LP Pink and tried it out with LP Black and wow, this is a great combo, I tried this a few days back and forgot to report out how great it was....

ooh...going to try that. :Emoticons10311:

Definitely! One of my fave combos!

I'm putting a sample of each in my cart so I won't forget come next order time. Sounds great!

Edited by StacyK

And Dolphindolls, I also like LP Pink and LP Black layered. Yum!

Oh yes, this combo brings LP Pink to another level. However, I must say I have used a tiny amount of LP Black under LP Pink.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a sample of LP Pink , and I have to say - I love it ! I'm usually not a "cute" person , which is how I imagined the scent to turn out - but its exactly as I have read before - a grown up version of Pink. Sexy with a sweet undertone , but not too " Hello Kitty " if ya know what I mean ;)

I added it to my full bottle of Un Gotcha , and it's just such a complementary scent . I love it !!